• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

effzee

How many years do you think Michael Vick has left in him to play?

If he doesn't play well this year they might get rid of him after this season. Won't cost much against the cap, as is they will be 12 million under the cap going into next season, and he has one of the highest salaries due next season.

And yes CoffeeJanitor drafting Brady, Brees, or Rodgers before a RB works really well.

Yeah I have the second pick.

I'm debating whether I should go Foster or Rice or Rogers.

I'm just afraid my RB will get injured. I drafted Jamal Charles last year with like the 3rd pick so I don't want to get burned again.

What the fuck?

How did I miss the Patriots putting Demps on IR?

Foxboro flu, got a small injury and it worked out better for the Pats that he would have a year to learn the plays and all that so they can use the roster spot on somebody longer with the team, at least that is what I think.

BC sucks. The New England area/Northeast in general isn't really a big college football area. Tennessee would be a good experience, although they aren't currently the power they traditionally are. What other areas are you going to? Vandy sucks but they play a lot of really good teams because of the conference they're in.

Seeing Tennessee tickets for like 50-90 bucks, that somewhat manageable, probably cheeper when you buy them earlier in the year. Not sure where I'm going, will be visiting Boston and Nashville, maybe Florida, depends on my financial situation and how much time I have.

Tennessee would be pretty fun, and it won't be as expensive because they are not as good. Vanderbilt, not so much, but like I said earlier they have the hottest girls of any top 20 academic school.

Well, I can go to Tennessee and still pick up the hot Vanderbilt girls.

Yeah I have the second pick.

I'm debating whether I should go Foster or Rice or Rogers.

I'm just afraid my RB will get injured. I drafted Jamal Charles last year with like the 3rd pick so I don't want to get burned again.

tebowx-large.jpg

Vyroxis

Banned
SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI A welcoming to the NFL School of Hard Knocks for Luck.
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN The Great Queen Bradylina will arrive decked out in his faciest dress.
JAC at MIN Our march to 8-8 begins.
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU This should be the bitchslap beatdown of the week.
SEA at ARI
SF at GB I hear salt goes great with beer cheese soup.
CAR at TB Cam gonna Cam
PIT at DEN The Rapist vs. The Glass Man.

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL It's the Bungles, C'mon!
SD at OAK Even from the grave, Davis hates his kid.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Vet reporter Tony Grossi doesn't think Trent Richardson will be ready for game 1.

No official word yet though. Shurmur said he feels optimistic trent will play.

brentech

I think I'll try one of the NFL prize leagues for shits and giggles, even doing the jersey prize is only a 40dollar buy in. Not much to lose.

I'll be working during the Packers-Niners game, but I'll try to find a way to get it on my iPad. I'll be damned if I'm going to miss the Niners D crumbling at the sight of our MVP OB and god-tier offense.

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

Mike Reiss said:
Patriots acquire WR Greg Salas from Rams in exchange for late-round 2013 pick, per @AdamSchefter. Salas played in college at Hawaii.

So Squicken, what's the deal with this guy ? 4th round pick from 2 years ago with a McDaniels connection, he any good ?

Dammit Jbug, every time you beat me by minutes!

Steelers-GAF... with opening night in fucking Mile High, I'm assuming Ryan Clark will be watching from home. One of the reasons we sucked dick against Teblow in the playoff game was Clark's medical condition. I'm assuming Mundy (did he make the team?) starts at FS.

Unless we get to Manning and break his glass-fused spine, he'll destroy a Clark-less secondary.

Vesmir

Banned
Lessons Learned:
1. It's a pain in the ass to do this on a phone.
2. People think Arizona is better than a team with a QB.
3. I thought I didn't miss football as much as I did.

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SDat OAK

K-19

Banned
Would you trade Cam Newton for Eli Manning and Mike Wallace?

People are saying bad thing about Newton, but he is a nice solution for fantasy if all the elite QB are gone. Half passing yard, half rushing yards, he can score a decent amount of points if he play like the last season or better.

cashman

Banned
Well, I can go to Tennessee and still pick up the hot Vanderbilt girls.

Sorry dude you have to be *this* rich to talk to Vanderbilt girls. Or they could be turned on by the fact that you're European and exotic. My suggestion: ham up the accent, and pretend you don't know english.

Really? Because you had like 11 WR's at one point this offseason.

Chad Ochocinco - Cut
Deoin Branch - Cut
Jabar Gaffney - Cut
Donte Stallworth - Cut
Anthony Gonzalez - Cut
Jeremy Ebert - Cut

Welker, Lloyd, Edelman and Slater are the only ones left. (I actually forgot about Slater)

Might be forgetting more of them.

Sorry dude you have to be *this* rich to talk to Vanderbilt girls. Or they could be turned on by the fact that you're European and exotic. My suggestion: ham up the accent, and pretend you don't know english.

English ? No no english ?

cajunator

Banned
It continues to amaze me how teams have trouble finding good WR's but the Saints always seem to get like 6 starters. I guess thats what the scouts are good at finding but its kind of funny. Of course we cant find good healthy linebackers to save our fucking life either and some teams have an overabundance of those.

eznark

Banned
It continues to amaze me how teams have trouble finding good WR's but the Saints always seem to get like 6 starters. I guess thats what the scouts are good at finding but its kind of funny. Of course we cant find good healthy linebackers to save our fucking life either and some teams have an overabundance of those.

Finding a good wide receiver is simple. Have someone like Rodgers or Brees or Brady throwing the ball to a scrub.

I had felt that the NE management was doubtful, it is for that I ran away to join the next team of the decade. Do it Dutch, change before things go wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBuOaSk_xrw

hVFR1.gif

First of all, you can call the NE management a lot of things
In before Cheaters[/spoilers], but doubtful isn't one of them. Mather of fact, they have been one of the best over the last decade.

And the 9'ers are not the next team of the decade.

cajunator

Banned
Finding a good wide receiver is simple. Have someone like Rodgers or Brees or Brady throwing the ball to a scrub.

They play well with Chase Daniel back there too.
The scouting team just seems to find good sized receivers with good hands who can run proper routes.

I see that the Pats signed the center Matt Tennant. He was basically given the chance to start
last year but lost out to Olin Kreutz, who then quit partway through the season and he couldn't beat him. Hopefully he can help them but he's not very good.

eznark

Banned
True. The key is to either have a great player throwing them the ball or to be playing against 4th string guys a day away from being cut.

Kusagari

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

Jake "The Truth" Locker is going to show Brady how it's done.

cajunator

Banned
True. The key is to either have a great player throwing them the ball or to be playing against 4th string guys a day away from being cut.

That does help, but the receiver still has to catch the ball and run good routes.
The Packers and Saints are good at finding players like that without resorting to signing veterans with a dodgy history.
The Pats are lucky that they have two tight ends that can double as wide recievers.

new season, new new era cards hat. the season can now start.

thank god the cards dropped alfonso smith. truly cringe worthy running.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Weird move for Salas... was that why they left the roster spot open? Was hoping it was for Gaffney. Either way judging by his stats there's not a ton to go on, but definitely some potential given where he was playing and just how much he played.

Obviously didn't get to watch the rams much last year, anyone have any insight?

Top Bottom