• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Bowser

Looks like Panthers won't take a look at Hanson:

Steve Reed @SteveReedAP
I thought there would be some interest from the Panthers in ex-Eagle CB Joselio Hanson, but I'm told there isn't. Don't expect a move there.

I didn't think a 5'9" slot corner made sense considering why already have one of those on the roster anyway in Munnerlyn.

Whats wrong with a coach saying he has a good team?

The fact that it's blatantly wrong?

Looks like Panthers won't take a look at Hanson:

I didn't think a 5'9" slot corner made sense considering why already have one of those on the roster anyway in Munnerlyn.

kind of like a player putting a superbowl guarantee in the newspaper

Whats wrong with a coach saying he has a good team?
That problem is he's just talking out his ass like he always does, Best team he's had in Ny? Really REALLY?! If they have a bad season I can see Rex getting canned, Sanchez era over and trading away all those bad locker room pieces like Holmes and Cro

effzee

Atogwe is hurt and couldnt play. They cut Hanson last year to. They brought him back and he was terrible last year. He was behind both Boykins and Marsh so there was no point in keeping him and having to cut one of the DE's.

And I wasn't asking to keep Atogwe to start. They replaced him with the kid from the Browns who has bounced from from the Giants to the Bucs and to the Browns practice squad.

Who would you rather have as the back up? Especially when again we are trying to make a SB run and are already thin, unproven, and at best just ok at Safety. You want Sims starting if Nate Allen is hurt? Goes back to my questions about safety and why we didn't even consider bringing in Bell from the Dolphins. Jarrett has been a big pile of shit so far. Once again they magically think since they drafted him he will turn out to be some gem.

And they didn't have to cut one of their DEs to keep Hanson. They could have cut Polk. Why carry four RBs? Hanson might have a bad year last year but he has been pretty solid his whole time in Philly and I would much rather have quality depth at CB then 1 extra RB.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Every year people say the same shit about the Jets. When Rex was talking SB people laughed and laughed and he made the conference championship game twice in 3 years. How many other coaches have done that lately?

So he says he has a good team this year. Thats how he feels. What exactly is wrong with that? Personally I still wish Rex was full of that same sheer bravado and swag he had earlier on as a coach, him saying hes got a good team is unfortunately as close to SB guarantees I'll get now a days.

cashman

Banned
Are college football games fun to visit and are tickets easy to buy? The atmosphere always looks like a lot of fun, plus it might be cheaper than a NFL game (Or is that not the case?).

I think most of the big schools and big games are just as expensive as NFL tickets. Not really sure though.

Bowser

Every year people say the same shit about the Jets. When Rex was talking SB people laughed and laughed and he made the conference championship game twice in 3 years. How many other coaches have done that lately?

So he says he has a good team this year. Thats how he feels. What exactly is wrong with that? Personally I still wish Rex was full of that same sheer bravado and swag he had earlier on as a coach, him saying hes got a good team is unfortunately as close to SB guarantees I'll get now a days.

I'm just trolling bro, I don't have a problem with it. If you don't believe you have a chance to compete, you shouldn't be a HC.

kind of like a player putting a superbowl guarantee in the newspaper

JUST DON'T GIVE A FFFFUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!

Are college football games fun to visit and are tickets easy to buy? The atmosphere always looks like a lot of fun, plus it might be cheaper than a NFL game (Or is that not the case?).
In my experience, live college football is one of the most amazing live experiences around. Of course, it should be stated Im talking about division 1 schools from a reputable conference. Nfl is the perfect couch viewing sport while live college football can't be beaten. I would totally recommend you give it a shot

RBH

If the NFL plans to expand its presence overseas, having a presence on their TV screens would likely help.

But there’s no telling when the NFL will make it onto tellys in England. The league currently has no deal with Sky Sports, and it’s not known when or if a contract will be finalized.

“Negotiations to extend the deal with Sky are ongoing,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told PFT by email on Friday.

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

homer pick in there(Cowboys), but other than that I like my picks

In my experience, live college football is one of the most amazing live experiences around. Of course, it should be stated Im talking about division 1 schools from a reputable conference. Nfl is the perfect couch viewing sport while live college football can't be beaten. I would totally recommend you give it a shot

I'll probably be visiting the US next year, any Universities you recommend? I wanna visit the Boston area and the Boston College tickets are pretty cheap, but that's not really high quality football is it? Tennessee looks fun, maybe Vanderbilt?

I think most of the big schools and big games are just as expensive as NFL tickets. Not really sure though.

Yeah, the from browsing the internet, some big school tickets are pretty expensive.

cdyhybrid

I'll probably be visiting the US next year, any Universities you recommend? I wanna visit the Boston area and the Boston College tickets are pretty cheap, but that's not really high quality football is it? Tennessee looks fun, maybe Vanderbilt?

Yeah, the from browsing the internet, some big school tickets are pretty expensive.

BC sucks. The New England area/Northeast in general isn't really a big college football area. Tennessee would be a good experience, although they aren't currently the power they traditionally are. What other areas are you going to? Vandy sucks but they play a lot of really good teams because of the conference they're in.

cashman

Banned

Tennessee would be pretty fun, and it won't be as expensive because they are not as good. Vanderbilt, not so much, but like I said earlier they have the hottest girls of any top 20 academic school.

DCX

DCX
HEY!! THE OFFSEASON DOESN'T OFFICIALLY END UNTIL NEXT WEDNESDAY YOU BET WELCHER!

lol

I don't see why you would want to replace Cam's handsome mug with that ugly motherfucker Julio tho

Eh we are in the regular season window!! I suffered enough lol

DCX

Rorschach

My first ever auction draft.

Did a mock auction draft and read up on some tips just now. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself too much.
Just don't overbid, but don't be too conservative either. If something you want is there, go for it, but don't forget that you'll need money in later rounds.

tmdorsey

HEY!! THE OFFSEASON DOESN'T OFFICIALLY END UNTIL NEXT WEDNESDAY YOU BET WELCHER!

lol

I don't see why you would want to replace Cam's handsome mug with that ugly motherfucker Julio tho

He might be ugly, but he's a monster on that field as your DBs are going to find out real quick!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I know people always pick RB's in the first round but wouldn't taking Tom Brady be a good choice as well? OR Rogers?

/drive by post

The idea is that since talent is so thin at RB and abundant at QB, you try to stock up in the spots it's hard to find talent.

Rorschach

I know people always pick RB's in the first round but wouldn't taking Tom Brady be a good choice as well? OR Rogers?

/drive by post
Depends on what pick you have. If you have first overall, you could probably get the best RB and one of those top 3 QBs.

I'd probably end up taking RBs both times, though!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My first ever auction draft.

Did a mock auction draft and read up on some tips just now. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself too much.

Nominate a kicker with your first pick. Then nominate a player at a position you spent huge at early on to get other people to blow their money on positions that dont matter to you.

Top Bottom