• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

VRMN

Tebow didn't start until they were 1-4 last year.

He'll be playing a ton as of right now without even starting.

As I recall, Tebow didn't generate half of ESPN's NFL columns and segments until after he started. And are the Jets really going to be playing a two quarterback offense?

Godslay

Banned
They'll always be the Sioux.

Have you ever been to that rink? So damn funny.

I've never been to Grand Forks. Even so I could go out, and I guarantee that there will be someone wearing Sioux gear. It's like a damn religion in these parts. It's surprising that slo doesn't care about it, considering that it seems to dwarf Vikings at least in parts of ND.

Kacho

Gold Member
Fuck! My power is still out from the storms yesterday in VA. I can't believe I'll be missing the first games.

brentech

Hoping Benson gives us what he did for the Bengals. Packers just need a back that can more consistently (a) pass block (b) at least worry the defense on a run

Poor guy at the bar is In a Browns jersey. He never stood a chance. A Jim Brown one too.

And everyone around us is talking about the Browns.... Did I stumble into a Browns bar?

Doorman

Jacob Lacey is our starting CB this week.

I'm uneasy.

I guess...the silver lining to take would be at least he's been in camp for us, as opposed to starting one of the guys we picked up just last week or so, he should at least have a better grasp of the defensive scheme. Then again it's Jacob Lacey, so that may not be worth much. Basically, just like every game this year, the success of the defense is going to have to depend on our D-line rush, which was severely overrated last year, we'll see if they took that to heart or not.

And I'm glad that Caliendo isn't in the pregame anymore, his schtick got old with me. Putting Riggle in his place isn't exactly an upgrade though...how about they just skip the stupid 5-minute skit of making fun of the hosts and actually discuss things?

eznark

Banned
lol they are actually airing these lady shoe commercials that Brady does in America?!! HAHAHAHA I thought it was just a filthy foreigner thing.

First week with Sunday Ticket.

What game should I watch at 1:00? I wanted to see Cleveland boo the shit out of a moment of silence but apparently they cancelled it.

Doorman

Poor guy at the bar is In a Browns jersey. He never stood a chance. A Jim Brown one too.

And everyone around us is talking about the Browns.... Did I stumble into a Browns bar?

What bar are you at? I'm so used to watching games at home, I really should give the bar gameday experience a shot some time.

You'll find out by the end of the second quarter when everyone stumbles out of the bar crying and cursing Art Modell.

NomarTyme

My biggest worry is how much bandwidth it uses.

A standard game in HD would have to use up a ridiculous amount.

Damn that sucks. I do not need to worry about this situation.

Also I need my 37 inch TV to died so I can buy a bigger screen(55-60)

Also Erin Andrews knee's are fucking ugly. Totally would not do her.

smr00

Banned
Do you have a cap? It's looking great over wifi for me.
I have comcast.

They say they "suspended" the cap but it's really at about 280-300gb now. To some that may sound like a lot but it really isn't it when you are a netflix addict who also lives with a netflix addict.

The bar I go to is fun because of the healthy banner between the NFC East transplants (I'd say half of the normal bar crowd are NFCE fans, 30% are Panthers fans, and the rest are the usual lifelongs "Steelers, Patriots, Packers" bunch).

But the at home experience is tough to beat.

What bar are you at? I'm so used to watching games at home, I really should give the bar gameday experience a shot some time.
Just a Brann's down the road where I can walk to from my place. It's uncanny. Bars are great when you go with friends, just to listen to the other people. But home experiences are the best

You'll find out by the end of the second quarter when everyone stumbles out of the bar crying and cursing Art Modell.
Honestly, my buddy said he was waiting for that more than the Lions. Might be good stuff lol

And now a family of 6, all in Saints gear. Hmmmm

Top Bottom