• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

RBH

Saints fans...

goldgoodell-600x450.jpg

So that's what Dirtbag has been up to!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Turf and no open air makes it a hell hole, but forgive me it is only supposed to be 80 *F next Monday. Glad your team took out the Cheifs, but next week you will meet a defense that is not a joke.

you guys were getting gashed by the steelers until they got tired. also their receivers are garbage and the qb is reckless. should be a good game either way. I love peypey but next week I hope he sucks.

RBH

151670468_extra_large.jpg

A Photo To Explain 49ers-Packers

Niners fans celebrating, the two guys on the right looking confused, bottom-right drinking, bottom-middle ducking for cover. Yep, this describes 49ers-Packers perfectly.

Just realized that out of the five rookies starting today, only RGIII won. Funny thing is out of all of the matchups this was the one I didn't expect to happen. New Orleans at home is freaking brutal, yet RGIII managed to out-duel the explosive Saints offense. However, I wonder how much of Payton's absence can be attributed to that.

K-19

Banned
Wow eznark and an other guy get banned last night. What the hell happened.

ps: Greg, your new avatar is on the way ;D

Niners, baby! FMT, Draekon, et al!!!

Great game. Refs were trash throughout, but it didn't matter. That Rodgers INT was the play, IMO. Randy Moss always kills GB, too. Love it.

And Akers 63 yarder. I was sure it was short. Dat bounce!

xYAXP.jpg

posted? :jnc

UberTag

So LJ11... after coughing up 112 points in our final 3 preseason games, we cough up 48 today to the "can't score a touchdown" Jets.

Is our defense really this dreadful or were we merely the victims of crooked officials as "Mr. I Just Got Paid 100 Million Dollars to Play in Buffalo" claims?

Trying to decide whether to forfeit all hope in this season now that FJax and Nelson are hurt, our D appears pitiful and we have the Pats and 49ers on deck shortly.

I've already penciled in losses there so best case scenario has us 2-3 provided that we beat an angry Chiefs team at home next week (with a returning Tamba Hali) and then manage to beat the Browns on the road (a task that almost stymied the great Michael Vick despite Weeden's 4 INTs).

If we're going to tank the season to land a new QB I'm fine with that. I'd just like to know in advance so I can mentally prepare myself for it. One of my co-workers is a big Denard Robinson fan.

cajunator

Banned
Ya know, I feel a lot better about the skins ass kicking because even under Payton that team just gives us fits.
In 2009 it took some near miraculous plays to get past them and in 06 we got beaten down too.
Ill have to see if we shit the bed against the next team before I can really judge where this team is.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
1. Robert Griffin III
2. Russel Wilson
3. Andrew Luck
4. Ryan Tannehill
5. Brandon Weeden

Including Weeden and Tannehill on a list that includes the word "Top" other than in a context of "Top Interceptions", or "Top Draft Busts" is not appropriate. You could have just went with the top 3 and discarded the bottom two. Im sure no one would have been like HEY WHAT ABOUT WEEDEN!

Kiryu

Including Weeden and Tannehill on a list that includes the word "Top" other than in a context of "Top Interceptions", or "Top Draft Busts" is not appropriate. You could have just went with the top 3 and discarded the bottom two. Im sure no one would have been like HEY WHAT ABOUT WEEDEN!
Well I could have went this way of listing them but I wanted to list them in order of first to last. (Maybe I worded it wrong for title)

cajunator

Banned
I was listening to espn 1420 as I often do on my way home from work and they mentioned that just about every rookie qb would be playing away from home in rough environments except for Weeden so judging them by week 1 performances is a bit premature. In weedens case though he is on a bad team against a strong Eagles team.
The only one who did well was RG3 because our defense decided not to play, but otherwise the failures were entirely expected to happen.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Haha, just saw that too.

1. He got my name wrong.
2. Dutch was the one who got runover
3. SMH
4. I was expecting worse, which says something, I guess :jnc

Ah well. 4 casualties in the first week. Anyone know what Dragon got banned for?

yeah looking thru that I saw Dragon got banned. So its ez, angmar (movie witch king sucks brah), Drago and volcano...

cajunator

Banned
Haha, just saw that too.

1. He got my name wrong.
2. Dutch was the one who got runover
3. SMH
4. I was expecting worse, which says something, I guess :jnc

Ah well. 4 casualties in the first week. Anyone know what Dragon got banned for?

Probably all related to the dastardly Shakira thread.

Top Bottom