• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

squicken

Awwww man. :(

Still, good job by the Lions D today given the circumstances, especially the run defense. Hold Stephen Jackson to 2.5 yds/rush?

[im]http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg[/img]

[soiler]Especially because we were a friggin' sieve forever ...[/spoiler]

rams are awful on offense. the only takeaway for detroit is that stafford (am i allowed to say fatford?) is a liability

RBH

Who has the best performance for Week 1?

The worst?

Thinking of individuals.

i7wJuewF6nq4L.png

WEEDEN-FLAG.gif

iHpxQCYocq5r0.gif

Hunter S.

Not trying to look past the Jags but week 3 against Manning and the Broncos should be fun.

Wow, I do not look forward to it after taking on the Steelers, Falcons and finally the Texans. Will be cool to welcome back Gary Kubiak and hopefully stop Houston's offense that was born here.

Big-E

I think that's the problem for a lot of posters

Are you referring to this line in the TOS?

E. No posts should be made regarding your opinion of another user's actions or behavior. You may not discuss the NeoGAF rules and regulations on the forum. Any and all discussions regarding these matters should be discussed by email only.

According to that line then the whole "Is GAF Strict?" thread is against the TOS.

This is where the confusing comes from. People say look to the TOS but there are contradictions of the TOS on the site.

I guess what I want to know is whether or not friendly jabs are still allowed against posters of other teams as that is something I really enjoy about NFL GAF and why I still follow it despite the fact that I am thousand of miles away from North America and must work during practically every single NFL game.

Tabris

I guess what I want to know is whether or not friendly jabs are still allowed against posters of other teams as that is something I really enjoy about NFL GAF and why I still follow it despite the fact that I am thousand of miles away from North America and must work during practically every single NFL game.

Tom Brady is ugly.

squicken

JJ Watt. 1.5 sack and 3 tipped balls and 2 of those turned into interceptions.

we can shout from the rooftops about watt and no one outside of houston and really diehard football fans will know how awesome he is. unreal his size and power and relative speed

Correction, Super Manning Bowl I

Chris Johnson due to expectations. He did nothing for TEN. It's not like Pats have a good rush defense.

+1

Also a vote for best performance was CJ Spiller. Even though his team lost, Did put up 200+ total yrds. Matty Ice with 4 TD's playing Outdoors

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Are you referring to this line in the TOS?

E. No posts should be made regarding your opinion of another user's actions or behavior. You may not discuss the NeoGAF rules and regulations on the forum. Any and all discussions regarding these matters should be discussed by email only.

According to that line then the whole "Is GAF Strict?" thread is against the TOS.

This is where the confusing comes from. People say look to the TOS but there are contradictions of the TOS on the site.

Those lines are pretty much there to allow a thread to live through a banning..

Also jabs have always been "ok" but crossing the line is crossing the line..

JJ Watt. 1.5 sacks and 3 tipped balls and 2 of those turned into interceptions.

jjbeast.jpg

lol are you serious? the malkman? get the fuck out of here dude, you were playing against the worst team in the league.

defensive player of the week goes to navarro bowman! it's unlikely that you will see a performance as good as that from a MLB. and if you do it would likely be achieved by pwill

Tabris

I think you gotta give up the best performances to the amazing comeback players of the week, Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson. There was so many people iffy on them and they showed they are back!

Hunter S.

Well the bad news is we lost and our defense was horrible (other than not being able to stop the run, pass, or generate any pressure after the 1st quarter).

The good news is that we can only improve from here on out!

I am going to file an official complaint if we play the Broncos again in the playoffs and Ryan Clark can't play. Polomalu is washed up and Mundy is trash. Homefield advantage is one thing, but their godless (since Tebow left) atmosphere can kill you! It is homefield advantage, not some middleeastern prison. Broncos should be forced to play games in normal atmosphere from now on. The league made us get rid of our green colored mud field citing safety and yet the Broncos are allowed to play in a place that can literally kill people just by them breathing the air?

Ugh what a horrible week. Steelers loss and Pats win (with a competent defense). Add that to the Packers loss and the expected wife beatings and this has been a horrible start to the season.

Nah, I say move the team to Colorado Springs where it is 1,000 more feet above the mile in Denver. It is fair after all when the Broncs have to suffer by playing in some hot hell hole like Atlanta next week.

I work with several Cowboys fans (yes, in NYC) and all last week I talked shit asking them how it felt for them to be predestined to 0-1 while the Panthers were gonna start their SB quest with a beating in Tampa...ugh tomorrow's gonna suck

Well I dont know about any Super Bowl quests for the perrenial off-season Super Bowl favorite Panthers, but there was a beating in Tampa.

Pats held the Titans to 20 rushing yards

the best performance

Bucs run defense held the Panthers to 10 yards rushing. Considering how bad the Bucs run D has been the past few years that is a monumental feat.

Top Bottom