• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

BigAT

The worst thing about a week 1 loss is that it puts a damper on my entire week. Now I got this shitty work week to go through and it's gonna be forever until Week 2 :/

Imagine how it feels having to deal with the Giants loss from last Wednesday all the way to next Sunday. Brutal.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
:|

Can you say why?

edit: Wait....

godfather-michael-fredo-corleone.jpg

Was it you, blackace?!?

Not me. I was waiting for him to talk bad about Warren Moon again so I could get him..

squicken

wait FMT got banned again? What did he do this time?

no they are referring to an older ban. this sucks. we wait all year for football to come back and now we are losing people and are not talking football b/c we don't know what's going on with everyone :(

cajunator

Banned
The worst thing about a week 1 loss is that it puts a damper on my entire week. Now I got this shitty work week to go through and it's gonna be forever until Week 2 :/

I feel the same except after Tuesday morning I get 7 days off so the next batch of games I will be able to watch at home.
This is why I put up with an 84 hour work week. 7 days off is NICE.

Tamanon

Banned

My only consolation about the Jags loss is that I work with a bunch of Browns fans.

Bowser

My only consolation about the Jags loss is that I work with a bunch of Browns fans.

I work with several Cowboys fans (yes, in NYC) and all last week I talked shit asking them how it felt for them to be predestined to 0-1 while the Panthers were gonna start their SB quest with a beating in Tampa...ugh tomorrow's gonna suck

Zeke

no they are referring to an older ban. this sucks. we wait all year for football to come back and now we are losing people and are not talking football b/c we don't know what's going on with everyone :(
yea sucks so many old posters are getting hit I hope it a settles down losing regulars sucks.

Tabris

Where do I talk about fantasy football here. I noticed the fantasy football thread is for a specific league and not a community thread. Is fantasy talk frowned upon in this thread?

cajunator

Banned
Im trying to behave.
Just hanging out in here and the animu thread.
I learned to check links thoroughly for nsfw content and to keep my hands off the keyboard in heated discussions.

RBH

Where do I talk about fantasy football here. I noticed the fantasy football thread is for a specific league and not a community thread. Is fantasy talk frowned upon in this thread?

There was a separate general fantasy football thread in the OT last year, but it doesn't look like there's a thread for it this year yet.

Someone should go ahead and make it.

Honestly, I don't mind it in this thread as long as it doesn't lead to annoying posts during gameday.

Doesn't matter, I bring it up/answer questions in both threads. Not like we shun people away here.

Sometimes I break people's opinion of their team. Then they write angry replies and are like "What do you know? I like my team!" and I go "You drafted Tim Tebow in the 5th round, fuck yo team, clown"

DMczaf

I work with several Cowboys fans (yes, in NYC) and all last week I talked shit asking them how it felt for them to be predestined to 0-1 while the Panthers were gonna start their SB quest with a beating in Tampa...ugh tomorrow's gonna suck

Make sure to show them your avatar.

geeko

Just got home from work. Awesome day for the Niners and the Bay area, but all these bans kinda suck. Regardless the TOS I personally think Neogaf has become a little uptight lately. Even things that are purely jokes get banned because it veers into the realm of touchy subject matter. Oh well, no point in getting any deeper into this in a football thread.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
damn eznark was hilarious tonite with that milchjon comment On the opposite side the falcons win will stretch out for a week until we blow out the broncos

RyanDG

I think out of all the sports bars I chose to watch the game tonight, I somehow found the only Pittsburgh Steelers bar in Atlanta. I felt really out of place with my Von Miller jersey and Broncos hat. Especially after the 2nd sack in a row by Miller at the end.

It's such a good day to be a Bronco fan.

Tabris

I think that's the problem for a lot of posters

I dunno, I think I've been banned quite a bit and nothing I posted broke the TOS or guidelines, so that's where it can be confusing as you don't know when you are overstepping sometimes and you can't see examples as bans aren't explained. It also totally depends which mod is looking at the thread, for example, Dragona would ban me for most negative DS comments.

Top Bottom