• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Spinluck

That still doesn't change the fact that the expectations are now there. I'm glad that we are starting to ditch the loser's mentality that creeped in with McD.

I have no problem with the winning mentality, I think that's great to have when you have a FHoF QB. I just don't think the acquiring Manning can be deemed a bust after one yr, maybe the team itself can be described as a bust as a result of some media hype.

But I think Manning might be in franchise QB type form, in that case, if he finishes his career(lets say 3-4 more yrs) without at least 1 SB win. Then the move was surely a bust. If it doesn't payoff for DEN this year, but they win it the next. The move, by definition shouldn't be called a bust.

I hate Philip Rivers, but her better go PORK on this secondary(Fantasy).

jakncoke

Banned
Are we still watching the NFL?

What happened to the field? What happened to the commentators?

new game and new announcers because the 1st game announcers obviously wouldnt be able to make the 2nd. And the field is the way it is because the Raiders share the stadium with a MLB team

Doorman

Is it just me, or does Berman sound like he's talking with M&M's stuffed up his nose? He sounds different than he usually does talking in the studio.

Doorman

Berman that was the worst fucking fumble call I've ever heard. It's like he didn't even notice the ball go flying into the air.

Godslay

Banned
I have no problem with the winning mentality, I think that's great to have when you have a FHoF QB. I just don't think the acquiring Manning can be deemed a bust after one yr, maybe the team itself can be described as a bust as a result of some media hype.

But I think Manning might be in franchise QB type form, in that case, if he finishes his career(lets say 3-4 more yrs) without at least 1 SB win. Then the move was surely a bust. If it doesn't payoff for DEN this year, but they win it the next. The move, by definition shouldn't be called a bust.

I hate Philip Rivers, but her better go PORK on this secondary(Fantasy).

The acquisition wouldn't be a bust. The losing season would. That's the details I think we are getting mixed up here. If he doesn't get it done at all, then the move might be considered a bust. I think we actually agree, just saying it a different way.

Was he looking at his dinner? How do you miss the guy getting popped and the ball flying into the air?

When he does the replay on sportscenter it will go: BOOOM FUMBLE BUMBLE STUMBLE FART

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Raiders' new coach:
raidersnewcoach.jpg

Top Bottom