• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

so right now who does have the best o-line in the league?
I'm sure like most fans, they only pay attention to their own line and all its issues.

Its clearly not the Cowboys. Their line is very weak in the middle, and probably ok on the ends

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Throwing the ball deep up by 28 with 10 minutes to go in the game, the football gods will not be pleased.

Greg

Okay, throwing deep when up by 28? Classless.
1vPlU.jpg

Drakeon

so right now who does have the best o-line in the league?
I'm sure like most fans, they only pay attention to their own line and all its issues.

Its clearly not the Cowboys. Their line is very weak in the middle, and probably ok on the ends
Uhhh, Texans, still? Chiefs? Honestly don't have a great idea.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Okay, throwing deep when up by 28? Classless.

Get out of here with that shit, Bengals need to get better at defense.

If you have the ball you should always try and score, especially against a divisional opponent in the opening game. Make a statement, don't show mercy.

Spinluck

There's no plan b. When you go out and snag Peyton, it's Superbowl or bust, even at week 1. You don't grab Manning without expectations of at least competing for the Superbowl every year he starts. We went from rebuild mode, to win right now. Even Elway looks at it as a year to year, win right now process with Manning. So in Denver it's not absurd to think this way, even if it might not happen.

I say 2nd season, yes. But 1st season, it's Superbowl, or next yr.

Obviously anyone who gets Manning is looking to win NOW. I just don't think you can call it a bust after just 1yr, especially if the guy has 3-4 good yrs left. I'm just saying people should, it's cool to EXPECT a Superbowl, but to not deem the move a bust if you don't get it the first yr he's there. It's all in line with keeping expectations in check, at least, that's how I see it.

Fox318

Get out of here with that shit, Bengals need to get better at defense.

If you have the ball you should always try and score, especially against a divisional opponent in the opening game. Make a statement, don't show mercy.

You should try to run the clock out. Its not classless its stupid.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
You should try to run the clock out. Its not classless its stupid.

I understand that, what did the Jets do yesterday?

Try and run the clock out and then the D gave up three TDs late. Yes meaningless but we could have easily scored if we threw the football.

As soon as we did with play action boom we got that late TD.

Run the clock out when up by two scores or less, three or more pour it on.

Godslay

Banned
I say 2nd season, yes. But 1st season, it's Superbowl, or next yr.

Obviously anyone who gets Manning is looking to win, NOW. I just don't think you can call it a bust after just 1yr, especially if the guy has 3-4 good yrs left. I'm just saying people should, it's cool to EXPECT a Superbowl, but to not deem the move a bust if you don't get it the first yr he's there. It's all in line with keeping expectations in check, at least, that's how I see it.

The expectations within the organization are to win the Superbowl right now, this season. Anything less is pretty much a disappointing season, in the mind of the fans, and the team. I understand it's week 1, but the expectations are Superbowl or bust. The same for any team that is competitive. You think the Pats fans/team, keep expectations in check? They want the Superbowl every year, it's a winners mentality. One I welcome back in Denver.

nateeasy

Banned
Bengals lost to the Best team in the AFC on the road.

- BJGE looked good. 91 yards rushing. Converted some key 4th/3rd and shorts.
- Andrew Hawkins is a baller. Cements himself as the #2 guy.
- Geno led interior lineman in sacks last year. Off to a good start with two tonight.
- Dalton put together some nice drives.

Bengals will rebound next week and will get another shot at the Ravens in week 17. It will be a good one.

Lunchbox

Banned
Bengals lost to the Best team in the AFC on the road.

- BJGE looked good. 91 yards rushing. Converted some key 4th/3rd and shorts.
- Andrew Hawkins is a baller. Cements himself as the #2 guy.
- Geno led interior lineman in sacks last year. Off to a good start with two tonight.
- Dalton put together some nice drives.

Bengals will rebound next week and will get another shot at the Ravens in week 17. It will be a good one.

who are you

Top Bottom