• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

mr2xxx

Banned
Redskins Cuts so far from extremeskins

Special Teams:

Neil Rackers, K (per Adam Schefter) (post #2)
Graham Gano, K (per Adam Schefter) (post #637)

Offense:

Tim Hightower, RB (per Eric Bickel) (post #1272)
Terrance Austin, WR (per Chris Russell) (post #884)
Tom Compton, OT (per Rich Campbell) (post #856)
Grant Garner, C (per Steelz) (post #829)
Willie Smith, OT (per Mike Jones) (post #804)
Tristan Davis, RB (post #795)
Johnathan Crompton (post #795)
Erik Cook, C, (per hogs.net) (post #787)
Chris Campbell, OT (per Zach Boyer) (post #525)
Jonothan Crompton, QB (per Chick Hernandez) (post #452)
Antwon Bailey, RB (per Mike Jones) (post #171)
Lenon Creer, RB (per Grant Paulsen) (post #12)
Sam Kirkland, WR (per Emmanual Benton) (post #46)
Lance Lewis, WR (per Grant Paulsen) (post #100)
Nick Martinez, OL (per Chris Russell) (post #192)
James Lee, OT (per Grant Paulsen) (post #196)
Tony Moll, OL (per Zach Boyer) (post #210)
Beau Relliford, TE (per ESPN 980) (post #254)
Chris Cooley, TE (per Chris Russell) (post #669 )

Defense:

David Jones, CB (per Rich Campbell) (post #1090)
Brian McNally, LB
Marlon Favoire, NT (per ESPN 980) (post #1059)
Brandyn Thompson, CB (per Grant Paulsen) (post #898)
Donnell Holt, LB (per John Keim) (post #896)
Delvin Johnson, NT (per Zach Boyer) (post #875)
Bryan Kehl, LB, (per Rich Tandler) (post #837)
Doug Worthington, DE (per steelz) (post #819)
Morgan Trent, CB (per steelz) (post #30)
Kevin Barnes, CB (per Grant Paulsen) (post #130) (traded to Detroit, per John Keim) (post #211)
Monte Lewis, LB (per Emmanual Benton) (post #205)
Travon Bellamy, CB (post #795)

Trades:

-Kevin Barnes to Detroit for a conditional 7th round pick. Barnes must make Detroit's 53 man roster. (per Shanny) (post #527)
-Anthony Armstrong to Miami for Steve Slaton (per Steelz) (post #1349)

Signed:

Billy Cundiff, K formerly of the Ravens (per Chris Russell) (post #637)
J. Crompton (re-signed after being cut)

Striker

With Giants cutting DJ Ware which comes to a surprise from me, it looks like the staff grew fast on liking David Wilson. That's great news. Not sure what goes on after Wilson and Bradshaw, though, with the other backs being Da'Rel Scott and Andre Brown. Scott is an okay player on ST's and has fast straight line speed but had issues with ball security and pass protection last year. I wonder if they just go in with three backs until some other positions get healthy.

The defense I'm liking a lot so far. Would love to see Hosley in on Week 1 so Rolle or Hill don't have to control the nickel duty.

DMczaf

I sent out the invites to the renewed leagues from last year. Hopefully everyone got them.

And we don't have spread because last year all of you bitches bitched about the spread! STOP BITCHING.

Giants Update:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

DE Adrian Tracy is in. That means five DEs on the roster. #nyg

5 DE's on the roster. Tracy has played at OLB, too. Just loaded at DE and as noted many of those guys can play inside at DT. Love it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Every NFL-Age thread should be a Star Wars thread now.

So, where's the Yahoo Pick 'Em? Should it be up soon?

EDIT: nevermind, found the relevant post. I'm in it to win it.

squicken

I sent out the invites to the renewed leagues from last year. Hopefully everyone got them.

And we don't have spread because last year all of you bitches bitched about the spread! STOP BITCHING.

You're doing good work DM. Confidence league is superior league

Patriots update!

By the looks of his last Tweet, James Ihedigbo has been cut.

He was serviceable, but with the rookies he didn't have a chance anymore. Sucks for the TV stations who broadcasted the Pats games, because he was always good for 1/2 injury timeouts a game.

BREAKING!

Rapsheet said:
Breaking: #Patriots have released QB Brian Hoyer, per @caplannfl. Ryan Mallett has won the No. 2 job.

Mallett the back-up, some team will pick up a solid QB in Hoyer, Arizona should give him a call.

Talon

Texans trade CB Sherrick McManis to the Bears for FB Tyler Clutts

Who is Clutts?
McManis coming back home to Chicago (Northwestern alum). He looked good his freshman year but didn't improve much. I imagine he was still stiff in Houston?

squicken

McManis coming back home to Chicago (Northwestern alum). He looked good his freshman year but didn't improve much. I imagine he was still stiff in Houston?

was okay on special teams. don't think he ever actually played defense in the regular season

edit: Mech I don't think he played much if at all on D. Are they keeping Helu? Maybe I'm confused

On Hoyer, though. lol. Michael Lombardi was bleating about how someone should give the Pats a high pick for Hoyer instead of wasting time with Flynn. FF to summer, the Pats hire Lombardi's kid, and cut Hoyer

MechDX

Got him confused. Good special teams guy but I could have sworn he played some nickel last year.

cajunator

Banned
The Saints turk is lttp. but I would expect them to take their time, since they have to consider suspended player replacements and some tough camp competitions.

Sanjuro

Patriots update!

He was serviceable, but with the rookies he didn't have a chance anymore. Sucks for the TV stations who broadcasted the Pats games, because he was always good for 1/2 injury timeouts a game.

BREAKING!

Mallett the back-up, some team will pick up a solid QB in Hoyer, Arizona should give him a call.

Sign McNabb!

Nori Chan

I wanted to try out the survival league this year too :(

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

FUCK IT 1-0 START I BELIEVE

Sanjuro

People can't understand the spread? Still seems like yesterday when my dad handed me a cold beer and a weekly football pick card.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Let's see if I can remember to do this all year long:

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE - Do you believe in miracles?
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

Colasante

So Patriots have released Ochocinco, Gonzalez, Stallworth, Gaffney, and now Branch this offseason. The depth at wide receiver is shockingly thin. Somehow even worse than last year.

Top Bottom