• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

TheFatOne

Defense improved for sure, last year they sucked agains good and bad offenses, now they at least looked good for the last 2 weeks like you said.

Still, this was a horrible game all together, coaching was way off, I don't understand how with 40 seconds to go you just say 'Fuck it, a 42 FG is easy enough'. Horrible.

Plus the offensive playcalling sucked ass as well, every ball went to Lloyd in the first half, not until they picked up the pace and actually started using Gronk and Welker did they start moving the ball. To then kill yourself with some horrible penalties at the end and one of the worst FGs ever.

Good game Cards, D played lights out and the ST did their job with the punt block. Thanks for trying to give the gave to us anyway and sorry we failed to capitalize on that.

Time to head to Baltimore and get murdered by Pollard and Elite Flacco.

I strongly disagree with the bolded. Gostkowski was fucking drilling the ball today. He made every field goal look fucking easy. He drilled the 50 yard field goal straight down the middle. He just looked extremely sharp up until the last field goal. Sure they were a little two conservative, but some of that had to do with the holding call/false start or whatever on Gronk. At that point you figure that your kicker is dialed in no need to do anything stupid. I'm not going to second guess that part. That is all on the kicker.

That punk block was the game changer today. I feel pretty good about the Pats chances next Sunday. They generally play a tight game with the Ravens, and Flacco is still not the elite QB everyone is touting him to be. The only thing that worries me is the offensive line.

Schiano blew it by going ULTRA conservative and passing about 3 times from the 13:00 mark until the Giants took the lead. It was obvious that they'd eventually start clicking and yet he was content to just run a few plays and give it back to them. The defense was utterly gassed.

That's true on the offensive side, but outside of the interceptions the D didnt do anything all game long. Even early they were barely able to contain the run. The pass D speaks for itself. And no pressure on Eli all game long. No sacks, no pressure, and I only remember seeing a single batted pass at the line. Bucs still need a lot of work.

Still, the team looks so much better than they did at any point during dumbass raheems coaching error. Even when we won under raheem it was sloppy wins with an offense that moved down the field in fits and spurts. There was no fluidity to the offense at all. It was a janky offense that would occasionally come out of nowhere to put together a couple of clumsy first down that got us into the redzone.

My god that was a great win. Vick played amazing and the defense was so good. This is a totally different team then last year. Cant wait for the Eagles to beat the Cards next week. 3-0 here we come!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
We don't have many saints fans on these boards, though. You, Truly and I. Dirtbag disappeared after the sb year, and johm and crunchy frog post every now and then.

There were a couple of others, Hylian Tom and gold soundz, but they never post in this thread anymore either.

I will say of the threads I participate most in, this and CFB, of the teams with the most fans, Bama GAF > Packer GAF any day of the week

Top Bottom