• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Gigglepoo

Poor memory on your part I guess. Guys like Luck don't come around that often anyway, so I don't get the comp. Keep trying though.

A QB goes first overall just about every season. Some of them earn it (Luck, Cam), some are taken because there's no better option (Bradford, Smith). The Rams kept their mistake instead of drafting much better player.

Narag

swatt.gif

So good
That'll get some mileage.

thank god the rams didn't draft RGIII. i don't really care that they got 3 first rounders because they wont get anyone of consequence out of those picks. hell, they already blew the first of the 3 this year!

meanwhile, their offensive line is awful and on bradfords best day he looks like an average NFL qb

Godslay

Banned
Who assumes that? He's a middling QB, nothing more. They could have easily gotten rid of him, drafted RTIII, and everyone would have been giddy.

Looking back that's not how it was viewed. Plus, they couldn't have easily gotten rid of him. I don't remember all the details, I'm sure Squicken knows.

Novid

Banned
If you would have told me that the Eagles would have 9 turnovers over two games and be 2 and 0, you would have been smokin the ganja.

Well - numbers dont lie, but results vary. That game was a damn loss but Flacco lost his nerve, threw passes 10 inches high. Our Defence saved us yet the fuck again. Dont expect the same result against the Cards or the Skins later in the the season because RGIII is a god forsaken beast, and Kolb has been given a smaller book to work on. Time to work on that ballhandling.

More later...

Gigglepoo

Looking back that's not how it was viewed. Plus, they couldn't have easily gotten rid of him. I don't remember all the details, I'm sure Squicken knows.

Can't you just cut any player? Yeah, they might take a cap hit, but wouldn't that be worth it to get RGIII?

GQman2121

Banned
The Ray Lewis Visa commercial ends with Morgan Freeman saying: "make your season Epic".

Pizza Hut commercial starts next with: "Pizza Huts Epic dinner box".

:jnc

LJ11

A QB goes first overall just about every season. Some of them earn it (Luck, Cam), some are taken because there's no better option (Bradford, Smith). The Rams kept their mistake instead of drafting much better player.

Bradford was a good QB prospect, you're just revising history. Wasn't crowned because of his position. You had scouts and experts saying Cam wasn't worth the top selection last year.

Honestly, who gives a shit. If I were GM I would've draft RG simply because he'll only cost me 5-6m, not much and worth the risk. You're working off the premise that RG can turn that ship around when their problems are bigger than QB.

Gigglepoo

I've answered this too many times so now I'm just suggesting you drink some paint

If they couldn't cut/trade him, why not just have two QBs? There's had options and chose poorly.

Bradford was a good QB prospect, you're just revising history. Wasn't crowned because of his position. You had scouts and experts saying Cam wasn't worth the top selection last year.

So was Alex Smith. There's a big difference between QBs like Smith and Bradford and guys like RGIII and Luck.

Novid

Banned
The Ray Lewis Visa commercial ends with Morgan Freeman saying: "make your season Epic".

Pizza Hut commercial starts next with: "Pizza Huts Epic dinner box".

:jnc

see they all steal ideas from us. if its not Visa, its NFL (with the neckbeard dude) if its not mangement, its Pizza Hut, if its not them its the WWE (with AJ Lee)

Top Bottom