• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

So let me get this straight...

Arizona beat Seattle.

Dallas beat the defending SB champs.

Arizona beat New England. Seattle is beating Dallas...by a lot.

Both Washington AND Carolina have beaten New Orleans...

The Eagles won a defensive game against Baltimore.

What the fuck is going on?

illuminati.jpg

It was a bad hit and horrible call against Carter vs Tate but the rest of your secondary has been doing an ace job on hits. A trade off in a sense, since they had tons of chances to take of the cowboys heads.

Yeah, the other hits I'm behind, that one was bullshit though. Tate just looked happy to be able to level someone considering his tiny size. ;p

cdyhybrid

Arizona beat Seattle.

Replacement refs

Arizona beat Seattle.

Because he's a rookie who most people said couldn't make it in the NFL because he was too small? He's shown just as much promise as Luck or Griffin III, and is significantly better than Tannehill, imo.

what the fuck? he has shown as much potential as luck and griffin? get the fuck out of here dude lol

Wes

venison crêpe
Im glad we got Trent, but I just feel lIke Holmgren isn't right for us. can't wait for Jimmy, he sounds like the real dealc

Yeah.

Holmgren will be out. Shurmur too. I think they're both nailed on to leave. Heckert probably about 70% likely to go.

Sucks that it's "another rebuild" but considering the number of young players on the squad we're starting at a better place now than we did when Holmgren & Co came in 3 years ago.

Rorschach

Arizona beat Seattle.

So let me get this straight: you needed to post that twice?

Hellion

Arizona beat Seattle.

Fuck it. Put in Tebow.

woodchuck

Helmet to chest is not helmet to helmet.

I think that was helmet to helmet. Even if it wasn't helmet to helmet:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or
shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless
player by encircling or grasping him; and
(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of
the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.

It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless
posture.
(a) Players in a defenseless posture are:
OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES 73(1) A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass;
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to
protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or
warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
(3) A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped;
(4) A kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air;
(5) A player on the ground at the end of a play;
(6) A kicker/punter during the kick or during the return;
(7) A quarterback at any time after a change of possession, and
(8) A player who receives a “blindside” block when the blocker is moving toward his own endline and
approaches the opponent from behind or from the side.

(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or
shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless
(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of
the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body

Wes

venison crêpe
Because he's a rookie who most people said couldn't make it in the NFL because he was too small? He's shown just as much promise as Luck or Griffin III, and is significantly better than Tannehill, imo.

He's Colt McCoy in his rookie year in a more stable environment and with better players around him.

Anyway, need another fistful of games to be able to even vaguely judge any of these rookies.

The M.O.B

Bleh, My pick-ems picks didn't save, I remember exactly filling it out. Guess that ends that for me.

Meanwhile Titans are headed to that #1 draft pick.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sanchez will always be crap

Chichikov

I think that was helmet to helmet. Even if it wasn't helmet to helmet:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.

It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless
posture.
(a) Players in a defenseless posture are:
OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES 73(1) A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass;
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to
protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or
warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
(3) A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped;
(4) A kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air;
(5) A player on the ground at the end of a play;
(6) A kicker/punter during the kick or during the return;
(7) A quarterback at any time after a change of possession, and
(8) A player who receives a “blindside” block when the blocker is moving toward his own endline and
approaches the opponent from behind or from the side.

(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body
That was not defenseless posture nor did he hit him from the back or from the side.
Shoulder to chest, textbook blocking.

Yeah.

Holmgren will be out. Shurmur too. I think they're both nailed on to leave. Heckert probably about 70% likely to go.

Sucks that it's "another rebuild" but considering the number of young players on the squad we're starting at a better place now than we did when Holmgren & Co came in 3 years ago.
Will probably never happen but i knida want Gruden to be our next Coach

cajunator

Banned

Arizona beat Seattle.

Parity at work I guess.
I kind of like it, although I wish my Saints had a HC to keep us competitive. but what can you do?

Also WTF Rams.

Top Bottom