• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Spinluck

Lol, people said the Niners D would suck this yr?

And Mario Disappearing Willaims is such a baby, did any see when he complained about holding post game. You're the highest played player on the team, and don't do shit, then blame it on holding. Wow.

squicken

avoided. But I'm sure most Colts fans were prepared for that day to come. Unlike last yr though, I do think a 8-8 or 9-7 season is possible.

I thought so too but had no idea how bad the defense was. Shockingly bad

maybe they are cursed after how they did that 40 year employee dirty a couple years ago

That was Spags, who is probably the worst coach/talent evaluator in league history. Or at least is just as bad as anyone else ever was. Saffold just had a freak injury. Wells broke his foot, and there seems to be some controversy about the turf in Minnesota. JAX had a few guys go down with foot injuries. Roofles complained about Decastro's injury. Field Turf may be an issue for all these OL injuries

Fox318

ioNy0.png

diiiafjsoafjsop;asgasg

That was Spags, who is probably the worst coach/talent evaluator in league history. Or at least is just as bad as anyone else ever was. Saffold just had a freak injury. Wells broke his foot, and there seems to be some controversy about the turf in Minnesota. JAX had a few guys go down with foot injuries. Roofles complained about Decastro's injury. Field Turf may be an issue for all these OL injuries

but it's the same team. his ghost will forever haunt your team!

Doomsayer

Lions already giving the 49ers bulletin board material?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...houston-randy-moss-just-a-possession-receiver

Randy Moss scored a touchdown in his NFL return Sunday, but one upcoming opponent said the receiver isn't the epic playmaker you remember.

Six days before the San Francisco 49ers meet the Detroit Lions, cornerback Chris Houston called Moss a "possession receiver" who can't "take the top off" anymore, according to the Detroit News.

Moss was targeted four times by Alex Smith on Sunday against the Green Bay Packers, finishing with four catches for 47 yards. Moss' touchdown reception was the product of a blown coverage.

"He had a lot of juice," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said, via the Bay Area News Group. "He blocked well. He got open. He was a great big target in there a couple times, and so was Mario Manningham and (Michael) Crabtree."

If Moss has lost a step or two, defenses will adjust and his main value to the 49ers -- as a deep threat who spreads defenses -- will be lost. Time will tell if that's truly the case, but at the very least, Houston earned himself some airtime on "Sunday Night Football."

C'mon, man.

I didn't think he would be awful. I didn't expect him to feast so hard either though.

Fox318

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH
CHI @ GB

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH
DEN @ ATL

Narag

It's sucked for years as they just needed to hold on long enough for Peyton to win the shootouts and that's how it was maintained. This year? Freeney going out in the first quarter, missing Angerer, switch to the new scheme, and what appears next to no quality depth made for a long game on Sunday. If only we still had Bob Sanders to motivate the team from the sidelines in his trademark sweatshirt.

WEEK 2 Picks-

CHI @ GB- As tempted as I am to pick Vagina and da Bears to win, I don't think the Packers lose two games in a row to start the season, and certainly not two home games at that.
TB @ NYG-Giants prove that the Bucs are as fluky as Freeman passing on a Cheesy Gordita.
OAK @ MIA-Both of these teams are bad, but west coast teams just don't make cross country trips and win. Shit doesn't happen.
HOU @ JAC- *UPSET SPECIAL* Now that Gabbert...is good...Jaguars...are not as terrible as they used to be. Definitely won't be a rout, IMO.
CLE @ CIN-Cleveland Rocks Sucks. Weeden checks himself into the nursing home.
KC @ BUF-Buffalo got pretty exposed against Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, but I'm thinking they'll be able to turn it around against the offensively challenged Chiefs.
BAL @ PHI-Eagles might have to turn to an Nick Foles future, but Flacco is ELITE.
--------------
NO @ CAR- If the Panthers continue to play like they did on Sunday, they won't match last season's win total, let alone challenge for a playoff spot. The defense showed me glimpses of hope in the second half of that game, but other than that it was a poor showing all-around. The O-line was being shredded on every play and Chudzinski got far too cute for his own good. The Panthers ARE a RUSHING FOOTBALL TEAM. That is WHO WE ARE and WHAT WE DO. Cam (just like any other good QB) is practically useless without the threat of a rushing attack. The Saints defense won't be as good as the Bucs' defense, but the Saints' offense doesn't have a fatfuck running it either.
---------------
ARI @ NE-Dark Lord, bandaged and bruised, takes out his anger out on the poor Cardinals.
MIN @ IND-Even though Luck has been proven to be the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf and will be out of the league in two years, he'll get his first NFL win at home against the Vikebikes.
WAS @ STL-Even though Robert Griffin III could retire right now and would be a sure-fire lock for the Hall-of-Fame, he'll get his first NFL loss at the EJD against the (possibly) rejuvenated Rams.
DAL @ SEA-Tromo returns to the scene of the lowest point of his career and gets a win against the Seahawks.
NYJ @ PIT-After this game, we'll start to hear the whispers for Tebow out of NY.
TEN @ SD-CJ10Y
DET @ SF-Insert whatever joke you want about handshakes, shit, and tiny hands.
DEN @ ATL-Peyton Manning is the goddamn dovahkiin!

Afrikan

holy shit... local news is showing Fights in the stands at the Raider game tonight... its like they didn't give a fuck that they were getting hit by police batons as they were fighting...

i mean seriously, the cop was doing a horrible job hitting them... like Shawn Wayans style from Don't be a menace to south central.

hope to find footage later online.

Kiryu

CHI @ GB
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF
DEN @ ATL

I am shamed if 49ers keep doing good job on rushing game/defense/and small hands.

49ers will be top leading with stats.

Kiryu

John Skelton expected to miss 4-6 weeks

KOLB FUTURE!

...oh wait that is not going to happen against Patriots!

cdyhybrid

CHI @ GB
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF
DEN @ ATL

Packers D better step it up else Marshall looks more like he'd been worth two first rounders, dammit.

Our secondary can continue picking flowers and burning ants with magnifying glasses or whatever they do in the backfield for all I care.

But our D-Line and linebackers sure as shit better put Poutface on his ass early and often.

Wrayfield

Your secondary made Small Hands look like Montana at times, Poutler to Marshall could be devastating. Hope you can have Woodson on him somehow.

Why is there a TNF game? Is this going to happen every week? Is this NFL Network bullshit I don't have?

Someone explain this to me.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH
CHI @ GB

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH
DEN @ ATL

Week 1
12-4

minx

Early predictions

CHI @ GB
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC
@ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF
DEN @ ATL

Is Karen Rodgers starting for the Pack against the Bears or did they find a man to run the offense? And eff U Arizona. Enjoy being above .500 for the last time this season.

Wes

venison crêpe
CHI @ GB
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF
DEN @ ATL

lol ESPN is doing a story on the Ravens radio guy who just happens to be named "Gerry Sandusky". He gets hate messages on Twitter.

What about the Browns director of player personnel, Jon Sandusky? Jerry's actual son, ugh. It must really suck to be him.

Browns gonna beat the Bengals this week, watch.

Top Bottom