• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

The M.O.B

CHI @ GB
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD - The Locker didn't take down Lord Brady, but HE WILL take down Jester Rivers! And CJ will get 2x the amounts of rushing yards as last week! 30 mil was worth it!
DET @ SF
DEN @ ATL

Milchjon

Welp. We've found the most GAF thread of all time.

Wrap it up, folks. It's all downhill from here.

Sound advice, but according to that thread, the internet is a safer contraceptive.

I'd honestly prefer to live in a reality that doesn't make me choose. I also think the internet has become so deeply integrated into daily life and all societal processes that access has almost become a basic need. No one asks "Food or Sex", either. (yay, hyperbole.)

Oh god... Seahawks isn't that bad team at all!
Did you not watch the game? Russell the scrub Wilson's longest drive was like 38yds, if it wasn't for Leon Washington tearing up special teams then the Seahawks wouldn't have even had a sniff. Offense is hot garbage, defense overrated and to think people were expecting them to challenge for the division? PA LEASE!!!

SonnyBoy

The Redskins scored 10 points in each quarter. RGIII wears #10. That's what you call freaky! LOL I don't think any Redskin game is a "gimme" but they should be able to beat STL.

Shutout to the Browns fans that laughed at us for the price paid for RGIII.

me too. I had Russell over Arizona. Pete Carroll screwed me over just like that year USC didn't destroy OU in the national title game

edit: yeah I remembered but it was too late to edit. i'm old enough to have remembered and then forgotten how it went exactly!
Same, I lost because of all of the Russell hype!

My picks were fucking garbage last week, here's to doing better. Also, all my posts this season are dedicated to the memory of Art Modell. I hear dedicating a season to someone who just passed away that you don't really have any strong feelings about is a great way to get to the Superbowl if you're an AFC team.

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH
CHI @ GB

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH
DEN @ ATL

squicken

It's sucked for years as they just needed to hold on long enough for Peyton to win the shootouts and that's how it was maintained. This year? Freeney going out in the first quarter, missing Angerer, switch to the new scheme, and what appears next to no quality depth made for a long game on Sunday. If only we still had Bob Sanders to motivate the team from the sidelines in his trademark sweatshirt.

ha! I just didn't think pass rush would evaporate so fast w/o Freeney. Always were small so I understand issue vs run. But unable to defend both is bad

Milchjon

My picks were fucking garbage last week, here's to doing better. Also, all my posts this season are dedicated to the memory of Art Modell. I hear dedicating a season to someone who just passed away that you don't really have any strong feelings about is a great way to get to the Superbowl if you're an AFC team.

Only if that person contributed positively to society.

Modell took the only thing Cleveland had and gave us the Ravens. And I honestly don't know which is the worse crime.

Only if that person contributed positively to society.

Modell took the only thing Cleveland had and gave us the Ravens. And I honestly don't know which is the worse crime.

He also gave us Monday Night Football which gave us Hank Williams Jr. which gave us extreme jingoism and racism! Art Modell, great American or greatest American?

Cant wait for the Eagles to beat the Ravens this week. It will be nice having a bye after that game to get ready for the Giants in week 4.

CHI @ GB
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF
DEN @ ATL

jmdajr

Damn, Mario getting hammered here...

Bills notebook: Woody not impressed by Williams' debut

"Mario had no effect on the game. None. Zero." said Woody, who watched the game from the stands next to some Bills fans at the Meadowlands.

Against a right tackle with four games of NFL experience and one previous start, Williams recorded no sacks. His lone tackle came on the fourth play. He didn't appear on the official play-by-play rundown for the rest of the game.

In the Bills' locker room after the game, Williams complained that replacement officials kept ignoring Howard's hands being jabbed in Williams' face.

"For him to blame replacement officials as the reason he got dominated yesterday, I think that's pathetic
," Woody said. "There's no ifs, ands or buts about it.

"You're the big free agent. You're the $100 million man going up against a guy that was on the practice squad and inserted in the starting role just a couple weeks ago. I saw a lot of times Mario was one-on-one and couldn't do anything."

squicken

Skeltor out 2-4 weeks. So Kolb will play vs Eagles Week 3. Battle for YH's soul

edit: All the squawking Texans fans did when I told them Mario was a bum and now they make fun of him

Well its true. For Williams to complain to the media is a copout considering the fact he couldn't do shit against a player who was just considered training camp fodder. If Howard's moves were illegal (yes a few were but its not like he was doing it the entire game) a good DE would find a way to knock Howard's hands out of the way.

jmdajr

Skeltor out 2-4 weeks. So Kolb will play vs Eagles Week 3. Battle for YH's soul

edit: All the squawking Texans fans did when I told them Mario was a bum and now they make fun of him

Well the whole thing make fans both relieved that he's gone, but also pissed thinking about how he never gave it 100% while he was here.

There was always talk about Texan players needing to "step up", and a lot of it was directed at him.

squicken

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...oncos-skewer-dick-lebeau-defense-again/16895/

When the Packers do not lead at halftime, their record since 2008 is 6-19 (.240). That includes a 2-9 home record.[/quote]

Seems like if get behind you might as well shut off the TV. Know it's not going to end with Rodgers coming up clutch

The Rams will be without their starting center and possibly their LT. Might be a rough day for Bradford if true.

I'll say this for Schotty. Unlike McDaniels, he knows line is crap. He was chipping and keeping guys in every play. He also knows he has to run it even if it's not making big yardage. Keep down and distance manageable.

He also kept giving it to Jackson even though he is old and slow and his backups are better. SJAX won't make negative plays and can pass protect. He also can fall forward for a few yards. But he is slow. And he should have scored on this play but got tripped from behind

ibwgyyRPyrN985.gif

WHY U MAD BRO!!! We all know Kolb is gonna step in and drop 40 on the Pats. 1-0 equal first in the league, the rest of the season is irrelevant now!!

I'm not sure. I think it had something to do with those two awful games last night. And Berman.

Print those 1-0 t-shirts quickly. You're about to get no-huddled into obscurity. See ya Sunday. =)

Early predictions, prolly take another look tomorrow

CHI @ GB
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR - iffy
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT - iffy
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF
DEN @ ATL

Slo

Yes, Minnesotans do wear horns all day every day. Me at a Warrior Dash last weekend. I forgot to paint my nails purple. Next time, GAF. Next time.

me.jpg

squicken

You do know that just because you have Harbs in your avatar you dont have to pot like FMT, right?

I really liked Kolb. I thought SF should have traded for him. As far as the jokes like I said last week it's kind of part of NFL-GAF lore at this point. And for the record I troll all the terrible QBs in the NFCW, except Russell, who isn't terrible

Milchjon

The move to Community hasn't killed NFL GAF's growth. Week 1 post counts:

2007: 3,861
2008: 4,589 +19%
2009: 7,810 +70%
2010: 9,531 +22%
2011: 12,760 +34%
2012: 17,406 +36%

Ridiculous.

Slo, you look different than I expected (everybody does...). Younger.

I really liked Kolb. I thought SF should have traded for him. As far as the jokes like I said last week it's kind of part of NFL-GAF lore at this point. And for the record I troll all the terrible QBs in the NFCW, except Russell, who isn't terrible

I was impressed with Wilson in the parts of the game that I saw. The Eagles D has to be the worst possible matchup for Kolb. He has huge problems with D' that rush the QB. He back peddles and throws balls up for grabs. Eagles are going to be in his face all day long with that terrible OL.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm on the top of the pick-em hill. For now. It's good to be the king.

The Dolphins are bad. Bench Tannehill and let him develop behind the scenes, fire Ireland and get a competent GM, get a WR, and pray.

Levyne

Banned
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH
CHI @ GB

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH
DEN @ ATL

Last night was awesome. I'm glad I became a Flacco fan before last night, because I'd have looked like a real jerkface. I don't know what I could have said to pick apart his performance. He looked really good. Elite, maybe? Maybe it was Cincy's D, but I thought they were supposed to be decent. Other than that, it was nice to see the defense look ferocious without Suggs. Pass rush wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. Oh yeah, Ray Lewis is a fucking MONSTER. He's still getting it done at 43 years old.

I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself when I say the Ravens are going to go undefeated, win the Superbowl, and the next three as well, Joe Flacco wins all the awards, including ROY somehow, and Ray Lewis is named to the HOF halfway through the season.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oh god, now Easterbrook's on the 49ers bandwagon

pg2_tmq0911_576.jpg

Then again, perhaps what happened to the Packers is that to end last year they collided with the best team of 2011, the Giants, and to begin this year they collided with the best team of 2012, the Forty Niners.

Everyone in the NFL plays tough; the Niners under Harbaugh/West play with swagger. They offer power running, deep-strike passing, solid quarterbacking and the league's top offensive line. On defense they stop the run -- first in the league against the rush so far since Harbaugh arrived -- and play decent coverage. On offense they vary looks constantly, from two tight ends split wide on the same side to putting an extra offensive lineman on the field at fullback, as they did Sunday for Frank Gore's game-icing touchdown run. And they hit 63-yard field goals, which means they are being smiled upon by the football gods.

If you asked NFL coaches which of the league's teams they would least like to face in 2012, all would say, "The San Francisco Forty Niners."

Milchjon

Last night was awesome. I'm glad I became a Flacco fan before last night, because I'd have looked like a real jerkface. I don't know what I could have said to pick apart his performance. He looked really good. Elite, maybe? Maybe it was Cincy's D, but I thought they were supposed to be decent. Other than that, it was nice to see the defense look ferocious without Suggs. Pass rush wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. Oh yeah, Ray Lewis is a fucking MONSTER. He's still getting it done at 43 years old.

I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself when I say the Ravens are going to go undefeated, win the Superbowl, and the next three as well, Joe Flacco wins all the awards, including ROY somehow, and Ray Lewis is named to the HOF halfway through the season.

Maybe he just finally trimmed his eyebrows and is now able to see the field.

eznark

Banned
Hey, don't take out the Badgers, Packers, Bengals, and Brewers seasons on out on me!

In thirty years when the planets align and your fuck-awful franchises post flukey once-in-a-lifetime winning records you'll know what its like to care.

It hurts man.

squicken

You finally see the truth in his free agent year? Bad timing Larry

MechDX

I went with the majority in GAF Survival and picked the Pats. Only one that seems close to a "sure thing" this week. I feel dirty.

MechDX

You didn't think your team was a sure thing against the Dolphins? Really?

Week 2. I had Houston in week 1

If I oculd pick them again I probably wouldnt. Our games against the Jags are always tough games and both teams dont really like each other much.

Top Bottom