• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything that looks that violent will draw a flag. It doesn't matter how sissifed the game gets. When you get jacked up like that they're going to throw the flag. You supposed to just let receiver catch the ball, run three or four yards and then wrap him up and bring him to the ground.

GTFO with this "sissified" shit. It's completely unnecessary to hit guys like that. Heaven forbid that the league try to prevent players from turning into suicidal vegetables when they hit their 40s and 50s.

my problem with this is that it encourages WRs to not protect themselves. in boxing it's "protect yourself at all times", but for receivers it's go over the middle with impunity

When a receiver is up in the air, his hands outstretched to make a catch, and is on the way down, there is ZERO chance for them to protect themselves. The rules have to do it.

exarkun

You can't leap into a defenseless receiver, doesn't matter if you use your head, your shoulder or your dick. Players have been told this for long enough to know better. The NFL is trying to prevent players from turning into vegetables at 45.

Was he defenseless though? I didn't think it was that bad, he was about to make a move and had taken a step. Can't be that bad.

Was he defenseless though? I didn't think it was that bad, he was about to make a move and had taken a step. Can't be that bad.

Then tackle him? Isn't that the fundamentals of football? Turning yourself into a missile is completely unnecessary and just a way for guys to try and wag their dick around on the field and look tough. Hell look at that play, Branch didn't even drop the ball.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Schaub actually lost a piece of his earlobe o_O that's fucked up. I thought it was just a bad cut/slice.

Trey

Then tackle him? Isn't that the fundamentals of football? Turning yourself into a missile is completely unnecessary and just a way for guys to try and wag their dick around on the field and look tough. Hell look at that play, Branch didn't even drop the ball.

Yes he did.

squicken

When a receiver is up in the air, his hands outstretched to make a catch, and is on the way down, there is ZERO chance for them to protect themselves. The rules have to do it.

protecting themselves is not going over the middle in traffic. i really don't get what defenders can do other than aim for the chest and live with penalties

GQman2121

Banned
GTFO with this "sissified" shit. It's completely unnecessary to hit guys like that. Heaven forbid that the league try to prevent players from turning into suicidal vegetables when they hit their 40s and 50s.

I get that. But the rules are very one sided. Some times you just can't pull back.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Sanjuro

Schaub actually lost a piece of his earlobe o_O that's fucked up. I thought it was just a bad cut/slice.

rtQgs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom