• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

the onslaught of commercials has made me want to see taken 2 as soon as possible

edit: saints are 0-3, and their 3 losses are to teams that are otherwise winless

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was wondering about that "tacking it on at the end of the kick" thing.

I swear these coaches are just trying to get what they can out of these refs.

Which is probably reasonable.

harSon

Banned
Our D is fucked. Thank based Tebow that we're paying Timmons and Woodley somewhere in the neighborhood of an Avatar film to do jack-fucking-shit out there.

And is Harrison ever going to get off his ass and play football again? I'd almost rather have him out there hobbling around than be subjected to see Worilds play another down. Mundy took so many horrible angles that he looked like a Dali painting; then he goes and clocks DHB onto a stretcher.

Bottom line, though? Ben had the fucking ball with two minutes left with a chance to win it and, just like the Denver game, fucking blew it. Didn't throw a pick, but after throwing for 400 yards he suddenly can't do shit when he needs some points.

Bah. Fuck. Painful to watch, but I got to fast forward through my DVR version of it. I shouldn't even complain considering you were in shit up to your neck.

We should definitely improve with Polamalu, Harrison and Mendenhall back in the lineup. Lebeau's defense has always been picked apart when it can't reach the QB, made worse by the fact that we seem insistent on having our corners play receivers 50 yards off the line of scrimmage. The best our defense looked last season was against the Patriots, where we played man to man with tight coverage.

Hopefully Harrison injects some life into the pass rush, because Woodley dissapears for long stretches and seems less able than Harrison to shed blockers when he's the focus of the opposing team's blocking scheme.

Our running game looked like complete shit, and I'm hoping these rumblings out of Steelers practices that Mendenhall looks like a baller are true, because Redman and Dwyer aren't going to amount to shit as starters behind this crap line.

I can't really blame the game on Roethlisberger though. Dude was a complete beast the whole game, and if it weren't for Brown fumbling that ball on the scramble, Ben probably would have thrown another touchdown pass and sealed the game for us. He's been an absolute monster this season with a 69.2% completion rating, 904 yards passing, 8 touchdowns, only 1 interception, and a 111.5 passer rating.

Our inability to stop the Raiders on 3rd down, costly turnovers and drive saving penalties lost us the game, not Ben.

GQman2121

Banned
Branch

iVwl1VI0Yo9TJ.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom