• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I look forward to the Ravens after coming off this high, shitting it up on Thursday as the Browns shock the world and pull off a victory.

cashman

Banned
Justin Motherfucking Tucker

lv7xix-aptopixtexastexasamfootballbreadbrownsvilleherald.com19.jpg

What an incredibly atrocious comparison. When the NFL stops playing games as a result of the strike let me know. Until then me and tens of millions of Americans will keep watching football as always!
What does the weekly talk show circuit ever have to do with the games? Not all publicity is good publicity. The NFL will get more publicity from this (as if it needs any!), but it undermines the credibility of the sport. Won't happen overnight -- and who knows if it has a negative effect or not.

Baseball and steroids is a similar case. Football had equal amounts (lol, probably 3x as much) of substance abuse over the same time period, but baseball is now synonymous with that problem. Was that good publicity? Did it help the sport?

Chiggs

Gold Member
Does anyone feel like the NFL could burn at any moment? I feel like they need to get Robocop to officiate this shit.

NomarTyme

The commish cannot let these asshole coach abuse these refs anymore. They need to set a example by suspending Bellicheat for the rest of the season.

ATF487

Hope to see these guys again, entertaining game minus the complaints I've already made

defense looks to be reverting to last year's form sadly

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What does the weekly talk show circuit ever have to do with the games? Not all publicity is good publicity. The NFL will get more publicity from this (as if it needs any!), but it undermines the credibility of the sport. Won't happen overnight -- and who knows if it has a negative effect or not.

Baseball and steroids is a similar case. Football had equal amounts (lol, probably 3x as much) of substance abuse over the same time period, but baseball is now synonymous with that problem. Was that good publicity? Did it help the sport?

This isn't even the same level man.

Not even close. People complained about the refs BEFORE the replacements showed up. This will call into question AT MOST the credibility of this one season, they will be properly trained next season.

The commish cannot let these asshole coach abuse these refs anymore. They need to set a example by suspending Bellicheat for the rest of the season.
animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

This isn't even the same level man.

Not even close. People complained about the refs BEFORE the replacements showed up. This will call into question AT MOST the credibility of this one season, they will be properly trained next season.
I think in the NFL's case, it won't be the refs on its own. Refs + player safety + ... => NFL is building quite a reputation as not giving a crap about the integrity of the game, the safety of its employees, or anything not related to the bottom line. Will a rep as greedy billionaire assholes change anything? Maybe not, but they seem determined to test the theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom