• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Doesn't the University of Phoenix stadium have retractable grass?

EDIT:
The following Steelers players missed practice today: Troy Polamalu, James Harrison, Heath Miller, Jonathan Dwyer, Marcus Gilbert, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace and Mike Adams.

Yeah, they just roll it out to the side to get sun.
University-Of-Phoenix-Stadium-Map.mediumthumb.jpg

I wonder what type of grass they use though, because the common grass you find out here in yards is horrible to do anything on.

Fox318

I love the NY media. They hated Schotty and were so giddy to see him gone that now Sporano is oh so clever and it's now Sanchez who is holding the team back

Brett Favre and Chad Pennington had their worse year under Schotty and their best away from him.

Enjoy those slants.
edit: Retractable roof stadiums are so dumb. Just make it a dome. There's such a narrow window of comfort that most of the time it will stay closed. And they still can't figure out how to grow grass in the things
That's why you just grow it outside.

squicken

I guess I should say that you have to have a non-tradition setup to get it to grow. It works in baseball stadiums b/c one side has very little seating and lets the sun shine in. Maybe this is how AZ does it. But any sort of bowl setup and the grass is just too deep to get light. So the owner has to be willing to sacrifice lots of seating to get it to work for football

edit: oh they do it like Houston, only smarter. Houston has to remove their grass in small sections and grow it in the parking lot. Only problem is it has seams and has caused a few injuries. It's a bad field

edit: Good point on Favre. Well he's looked good so far so I'll stay positive and not look for problems. For now

Milchjon

EDIT:
The following Steelers players missed practice today: Troy Polamalu, James Harrison, Heath Miller, Jonathan Dwyer, Marcus Gilbert, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace and Mike Adams.

SB winners confirmed :(

Fox318

I guess I should say that you have to have a non-tradition setup to get it to grow. It works in baseball stadiums b/c one side has very little seating and lets the sun shine in. Maybe this is how AZ does it. But any sort of bowl setup and the grass is just too deep to get light. So the owner has to be willing to sacrifice lots of seating to get it to work for football

edit: oh they do it like Houston, only smarter. Houston has to remove their grass in small sections and grow it in the parking lot. Only problem is it has seams and has caused a few injuries. It's a bad field

edit: Good point on Favre. Well he's looked good so far so I'll stay positive and not look for problems. For now

Want them to play in the Astrodome?

squicken

Want them to play in the Astrodome?

I like AZ's setup. Roll the whole thing out as one piece and not in sections. Not feasible in HOU b/c they designed it poorly. They are moving to field turf for everything except Texans games

Astrodome is a disaster. It's basically a condemned building but they don't know what to do with it

Was gonna go to the Browns game again this week, but I think I'll just watch the games at home with you Goons. I like you guys, you're alright

effzee

On what station will the giants game be on tomorrow? Is it only on the nfl network?

PIX 11. Or what used to be WB11.

Its channel 11!

Also just nice to see Dawkins on ESPN. Love the man. Just happy to see him on tv.

I wish he could superflex some of these other analysts they have.

brentech

Heading out of town on Friday. Won't return until Thursday the 27.

Luckily the Packers drawed MNF, so I won't have a problem getting that in a hotel. Anniversary gets me every time, lol. Last year I missed the Packers/Bears game, was the one with the crazy Bears return at the end that got called back.

Depending on plans, I probably miss all the action on Sunday.

I feel for everyone who has to miss out on the Eagles vs the Kolbs. That is going to be a sight to behold.

i don't see how the cardinals can win that game if the eagles just protect the ball. if the eagles have another 4 or 5 turnover game it's going to be very difficult to win. cards have cut down on their turnovers so far. kolb is unstable but it seems like they've gotten through to him to not turn the ball over in the first 2 games. guess we'll see soon enough!

see5harp

I think it'd be a lot cooler to design a stadium that actually resembled a bird's nest like that stadium built in China for the olympics. Instead they spend hundreds of millions to make a retractable circus tent.

the cards stadium is the best stadium ive ever been to. not only the best stadium, but just the best area. you have a bunch of hotels within walking distance of the stadium and then you have quite a few bars right there by the stadium. i've been so bummed in the past 2 years that i haven't been able to go to the niners games in AZ. the year before last we were on mnf and then last year it was late in the season and i was out of town that weekend for something else :(

i don't see how the cardinals can win that game if the eagles just protect the ball. if the eagles have another 4 or 5 turnover game it's going to be very difficult to win. cards have cut down on their turnovers so far. kolb is unstable but it seems like they've gotten through to him to not turn the ball over in the first 2 games. guess we'll see soon enough!

I cant see how the Cards can win period. Even if the Eagles are sloppy with the ball they are taking it away as much as they give it away. I guess if they just run the ball all game but eventually they will have to pass and Kolb will be running for his life.

yikes. I've got everything backed up to Dropbox and iCloud but still

I got a back-up and stuff, but I think that that's from last week, so I'll still miss some shit. Especially new numbers. Uuuughhh, this is gonna take so long to get fixed. Shouldn't have decided to update my phone before going to bed.

Bowser

I cant see how the Cards can win period. Even if the Eagles are sloppy with the ball they are taking it away as much as they give it away. I guess if they just run the ball all game but eventually they will have to pass and Kolb will be running for his life.

The Eagles almost lost to Brandon Weeden and the Browns and you don't think they'll have any trouble whatsoever against the Cards?

c'monson.gif

Alternatively,

282534692c4de36dba47e53eba752a43.jpg

That's one way.

I tell you how the Cards win. The Eagles throw 4 INT and cards kick 4 FG because of good field position. Probably get one more FG due to a nice punt return. Cards win 15-14.

Ugly game will be ugly.

eagles D can't keep bailing them out forever. i get that the cardinals offense is mediocre on its best day but even a mediocre offense can convert some short field situations into points. eagles can probably cruise if they have a turnover or two, but getting up to 3/4/5 is going to make it difficult to win even against the cardinals.

vick needs to concede some plays and just throw the ball away to live another down

Bowser said:
The Eagles almost lost to Brandon Weeden and the Browns and you don't think they'll have any trouble whatsoever against the Cards?
The scab refs altered Andy Reid's game plan to run it 30 times. Had they actually called holding, the Eagles ground assault would have negated Vick throwing the ball 56 times because there's no way Andy Reid would have ever called such a stupid game plan.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Does this mean that Peypey is Ron Jaworski and Brock Osweiler is Randall Cunningham?

The rookie quarterback was coming in if the Broncos got the ball back in the final seconds of their game Monday night against Atlanta.

"I was going in for the Hail Mary," Osweiler said. "I'm not sure what the dividing line was as far as me going in, but I was getting ready to go in."

Draxal

Cards have a legit dline, and you lost two starters on your oline for the season? Don't think Vick is gonna survive the game.

effzee

I don't see how you are this confident.

Yes I think the Eagles will win and personally I think this is a must win considering the schedule coming up.

But I also see many ways they can easily lose. Vick gets hurt. Or even if he doesn't get hurt, with a banged up OLINE he gets beat up more than even the norm now. Throws really bad passes because he refuses to just take a sack or throw the ball away.

Lets not forget Reid is prone to brain farts almost at any moment with clock management and play calling (mainly forgetting to run the ball). This is especially true when Reid gets frustrated up against a good D and reverts to even stupider play calling even in a close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom