• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
lol, maybe at times, but most certainly not in the three situation we've look at.

The second is nothing but nonsense trying to cover for a baseless accusation. I expected more.

It's always easier to block a guy when he's not in motion (with the exception of hitting a guy blindside). There's nothing to be said about it, really. The dumb thing about that play is the cb goes exactly where you'd want him to go, a little push and it's a big gain.

If Finley can't block, then why is he over there? If he has a propensity for whiffing, then why is he over there? Is this is the only time it's ever happened? Then it's forgivable.

I never liked him if I am being honest. I hate the way he holds the ball and I hate how horrible he is at catching the ball in the backfield. But right now we have one of the worst run games in the league so I am willing to give him another shot to see if he can help us...

Mendenhall is alright. It's the fact that he was a first round pick that sucks. Never take a rb in the first round unless he's an unmistakable stud. If he was a fourth round pick, the perception of him would be completely different.

I'd call Alex Smith an al-Qaeda operative since he's always crashing his team's Super Bowl hopes, but then I remember he'd struggle to wrap his small hands around an airplane's flight stick.

This is a weak comeback even by your standards. All I know of Alex smith is that he destroyed your shitty team, he doesn't rape and he doesn't whine like a bitch 6 months after the fact that the D was too rough on him. Poor roofles :*(

harSon

Banned
This is a weak comeback even by your standards. All I know of Alex smith is that he destroyed your shitty team, he doesn't rape and he doesn't whine like a bitch 6 months after the fact that the D was too rough on him. Poor roofles :*(

It must be tough being a Niners fan when you're forced to place 'accomplishments' on a pedestal than even Tebow was capable of doing. Congratulations on beating an injury plagued team in the regular season at home, you must be proud since you seemingly bring it up every chance you get.

And no shit Alex Smith isn't a rapist, he's not pinning down any victims with those little ass hands.

oneHeero

haha OP is glorius!

I've dreaded coming into this thread and avoided media :p Granted it was my daughters bday this past weekend so I had that to occupy myself with.

It must be tough being a Niners fan when you're forced to place 'accomplishments' on a pedestal than even Tebow was capable of doing. Congratulations on beating an injury plagued team in the regular season at home, you must be proud since you seemingly bring it up every chance you get.

And no shit Alex Smith isn't a rapist, he's not pinning down any victims with those little ass hands.

Lol beating you wasn't an accomplishment. You were just another team like the rams or Seahawks. And don't forget we were playing that game without the best defensive player in the league.

And it is tough to be a niners fan. Very lonely at the top. Must be even tougher to be a steelers fan with an overrated aging defense, a puppet coach, a rapist and a terrorist on the team!

squicken

Pats had a tell

Horton has shared with the Doug & Wolf Show on Arizona Sports 620 that the Pats and Belichick had a tell in Week Two. Before tight end Aaron Hernandez was injured, the Patriots ran the ball whenever Hernandez lined up tight to the offensive line. After Hernandez was injured, it became more simple — the Pats ran the ball whenever quarterback Tom Brady lined up under center, and they passed the ball whenever Brady lined up in shotgun formation.

http://www.arizonasports.com/40/1576127/Cardinals-DC-on-successful-Pats-game-plan

Interesting numbers on Bradshaw's contract for the Giants which was posted on BBI and it brings up a good possibility that he won't be in a Giants uniform next season if the injuries continue and Andre Brown/David Wilson emerge.

SIGNING BONUS: $5 million

BASE SALARIES

2011: $1.5 million (guaranteed)
2012: $3 million ($2.5 million guaranteed)
2013: $3.75 million
2014: $4 million

WORKOUT BONUSES: $250,000 each in 2012, '13 and '14

Salary cap hit:

2011: $2.25 million
2012: $3 million
2013: $6.25 million
2014: $6.5 million

Basically it's a nearly 4 million dollar savings on the cap if they cut Bradshaw before the 2013 season. I think that's a completely realistic scenario. There's no way in hell he sees that 6.25 million with Hakeem and Cruz up for big money contracts.

Just found this awesome of Ray Lewis when he got drafted. He looks like The Rock; total Miami guy here, plus check out the corded phone. Looks weird now.

ray-lewis-draft1.jpg

bionic77

I'm kind of shocked Belicheat would have a tell in his offense. Or is this Josh "Troll Face" McDaniels doing?
I have to admit, I am a McDaniels guy.

First for giving us one glorious season of Tebow and now for wrecking the Pats from within.

Hopefully he has some pull with the Pats and can trade away all of their good players like he did with the Broncos!

harSon

Banned
I never called for his head, though he has traits I can't stand.

The way he holds the ball primarily. Also, he starts to slack off when he thinks he has no competition.

I don't understand how him holding the ball horribly, yet not fumbling very much, is a negative. It's the equivalent of having a funny throwing motion, yet still being an effective QB. As long as it gets the job done, who gives a fuck.

Fact of the matter is, despite popular belief beforehand, Mendenhall is infinitely better than Redman and Dwyer as a starting QB. The latter two running backs are the modern example of Amos Zereoué, a RB who excels as a backup but falters once they're forced to carry the load.

bionic77

I don't understand how him holding the ball horribly, yet not fumbling very much, is a negative. It's the equivalent of having a funny throwing motion, yet still being an effective QB. As long as it gets the job done, who gives a fuck.

Fact of the matter is, despite popular belief beforehand, Mendenhall is infinitely better than Redman and Dwyer as a starting QB. The latter two running backs are the modern example of Amos Zereoué, a RB who excels as a backup but falters once they're forced to carry the load.
Moore > Mendenhall

We should have never let him go!

squicken

It's probable the Pats were conservative on offense b/c they knew that AZ couldn't move the ball with their offense, making the play calls seem obvious. The only way for them to score was off defense and ST plays. Both the expansion Texans (Steelers) and last years' Rams (Saints) got gift wins when they did nothing on offense but the other team turned it over quite a bit.

Usually when facing a bad offense, teams will do hat HOU did vs JAX last week. Safe plays and just punt instead of take risks. Pats just didn't take care of the ball enough and gave AZ easy points

Sky Chief

It's probable the Pats were conservative on offense b/c they knew that AZ couldn't move the ball with their offense, making the play calls seem obvious. The only way for them to score was off defense and ST plays. Both the expansion Texans (Steelers) and last years' Rams (Saints) got gift wins when they did nothing on offense but the other team turned it over quite a bit.

Usually when facing a bad offense, teams will do hat HOU did vs JAX last week. Safe plays and just punt instead of take risks. Pats just didn't take care of the ball enough and gave AZ easy points

I wouldn't say that throwing in a few play action passes or running a few draw plays would be risky. Far riskier for the defense to always know exactly what is coming.

harSon

Banned
Moore > Mendenhall

We should have never let him go!

No he isn't. He would have faltered like every other RB who excels in a limited team role but falters when they're forced to become the offense's workhorse. Dude's riding the bench on the Colts right now.

squicken

I wouldn't say that throwing in a few play action passes or running a few draw plays would be risky. Far riskier for the defense to always know exactly what is coming.

I haven't watched to the game to know if Horton is right 100% there. I'm just saying getting under center and then running isn't the dumbest thing to do vs AZ. But also, it could be McDaniels just outsmarts himself

“Sometimes we play guys a majority of the game, other times we feel like using some different rotations may give us some advantages, whether that’s a matchup we end up with in the front, or a personnel grouping that we expect the defense to give us, or even formationally ourselves in terms of what we try to do,” McDaniels said.

Great OP, Bucket.

Now, as for week 3? Not expecting much. Fatford's pissed away all the goodwill from last season and who knows when Delmas, Houston and Bentley are coming back. But without them, this team is in trouble once they get the ball past the line of scrimmage because Stephen Tulloch cannot create 10 clones of himself.

Hakeem has been downgraded to out tomorrow night. That would explain the rumblings of Randle getting more snaps. Fuck that's a big loss. :(

bionic77

No he isn't. He would have faltered like every other RB who excels in a limited team role but falters when they're forced to become the offense's workhorse. Dude's riding the bench on the Colts right now.
Moore helped us win a SB, Mendy was a big reason why we lost one.

Fuck him. Moore for president!

LJ11

So I went back and watched Mario since the Texans fans love talking about him, 3 quarters, he was killing Winston with his bullrush at times, doesn't have a good move once he gets someone off balance though, just keeps driving them back. Think he could do some damage lined up inside.

Winston had a rough game if you ask me, got caught holding and was repeatedly pushed back by Mario. Texans got better in the offseason, addition by subtraction I guess.

Edit: Had a better game than I thought.

Milchjon

Great OP, Bucket.

Now, as for week 3? Not expecting much. Fatford's pissed away all the goodwill from last season and who knows when Delmas, Houston and Bentley are coming back. But without them, this team is in trouble once they get the ball past the line of scrimmage because Stephen Tulloch cannot create 10 clones of himself.

I'm not even a huge fan of Stafford, but are 2 games really enough to invalidate a 5000 yard season?

I never argued different. I like Mendenhall. There are just things I don't like about him.

Striker

Stinks about Nicks. It was going to be his hometown return, and he seemed really excited about it in the interviews they have conducted this week.

I suppose it's up to Barden, Randle, and Bennett. Jernigan will also be active with Hixon out of the lineup . No more brain-dead drops there, Black Unicorn. Also will be forced to get some running game going instead of letting Eli air-raid them to victory with one legitimate WR. I suspect Cruz is going to get boxed an awful lot with the Safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom