• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

squicken

I'm giving the Rams a solid shot at winning today. I'm pretty sure that if Gigantic Babies can shut down the Seachicken offense, so can the Rams.

Final score 8-5. Pick 'em.

Don't doubt the Rams can shut down SEA. But their OL is decent and will allow Lynch to run and give Wilson time for shot plays. Rams can't do either of those things, and Amendola isn't as good as Washington as a returner. 10-3 SEA

Bowser

Newton urged “to be himself” by Panthers officials

Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has come under fire locally and nationally for his body language, including shots of him slumping on the bench with a towel on his head, but, according to team sources Newton has been given a strong vote of confidence from Panthers officials.

Newton was reprimanded by veteran receiver Steve Smith on the sideline during the lopsided Thursday night loss to the Giants in Week 3, a dispiriting defeat that angered and frustrated many in the organization from owner Jerry Richardson on down. Newton has been the target of the most intense scrutiny this season, but since the most recent loss club officials have urged Newton not to let the criticism bother him.

“We'd draft him with that pick a hundred times over,” said one source. “He isn't any different that he was in high school, or college or last season," the source said of his behavior in the wake of a loss. "He wants nothing more than to win, and that's where his leadership comes from.”

If anything, the source pointed out, the team wants to convey to Newton the importance of staying true to himself and continuing to do the things that got him here. “We just want him to be who he is,” the source said.

Newton's body language leads some to label him aloof, or perhaps not part of the team. But some close to him have pointed out that Newton -- who has long worked with Trevor Moawad, a renowned mental conditioning coach from the IMG Academy -- is a very attentive listener and takes to instruction well but sometimes does his best listening while looking down at the ground rather than by making eye contact. Newton has also organized various team activities and parties, including a bingo night, and much of the criticism labeled against him is seen as unfair by those around him.

"He's always been a target, and I have my reasons for that,” said one club official, who stressed that the message to Newton from within has been to continue to do all the things that led to his historic 2011 rookie season.

Fox318

7jxiB.png

DAMN

Bowser

The towel thing is so fucking overblown. He does it after TDs and wins too, yet no one says anything then.

Fuck you guys! We're dropping 30 points and getting that W today.

effzee

Fuck can't believe I am actually doing this.

Mr. Smith you better deliver against the Jets today. Throw it up for Moss, VD, and Craptree.

Please!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
God I love StubHub and those ticket-oak commercials

I want a ticket-oak

=/

Fuck it StubHub, make a plushie, I'll pay top dollar!

Top Bottom