• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

UberTag

Well that is one of the reasons. Though in such cases I don't give a fuck about FF and just root for the Eagles to rip the player to shreds.

Just checked, thought Ponder was available as a FA but nope he is on the waiver wire. Wouldn't be able to claim till Tuesday anyway.

Current back up is Alex Smith. Hmm against the Jets and the best CB in the league Cro?
Smith will have a better day than you would think with Revis out of the equation but you can't start him ahead of Eli.

Vyroxis

Banned
Talk me out of it guys.

I am considering starting Ponder v Det Lions over Eli Manning going up against the Eagles.

Ponder is playing really well, Nicks is out (and Eagles secondary isn't as bad as Panthers), and well the fanboy in me somewhere believes the Eagles will win and somehow slow down Eli.

:(

Go for it. If Ponder plays as well as he did last wekk, he will get you points.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah Bish is great. He'll kick the shit with anyone, but he won't hesitate to call someone out on their bullshit (like those two threads).

Also he's the inspiration behind the best banhammer/warning gifs in the business.

ilnHjEmzJs6JS.gif

NBAJam-bish-banned.gif

RIP snes

Drakeon

Ponder or Rivers guys? I'm really leaning Ponder because of how terrible Rivers did last game (that and the Chiefs defense seems to do well against Rivers).

Well that is one of the reasons. Though in such cases I don't give a fuck about FF and just root for the Eagles to rip the player to shreds.

Just checked, thought Ponder was available as a FA but nope he is on the waiver wire. Wouldn't be able to claim till Tuesday anyway.

Current back up is Alex Smith. Hmm against the Jets and the best CB in the league Cro?

Is Kolb available to pick up? He has but up about 16 points per game. GHe would at least get you more then Smith probably will against the Jets.

A strong man doesn't mind if his wife has his wallet in hand and his balls in the other.

I am going to start telling myself this and see if it helps.

bionic77

Is Kolb available to pick up? He has but up about 16 points per game. GHe would at least get you more then Smith probably will against the Jets.

I am going to start telling myself this and see if it helps.
Only a real man can deal with a vise like grip to that region.

Speaking of getting your balls squeezed I just read Bish's post in OT. :lol.

Edit: I suck at posting from my iPhone.

UberTag

Ponder or Rivers guys? I'm really leaning Ponder because of how terrible Rivers did last game (that and the Chiefs defense seems to do well against Rivers).
Rivers is trash. Then again, the Chiefs defense hasn't been anything spectacular, either.
Personally, I would start Ponder and leave Rivers on my bench until Gates starts playing up to his potential.
There are only two reliable receiving options on San Diego right now and that's Floyd and Rosario. And Dante isn't seeing the field with Gates healthy.

Incidentally, I think Rivers has a nice 2nd half to the season once Vincent Brown returns.

I need to pick 3 out of these running backs this week:

Lynch, FredJax, Ryan Williams, Alfred Morris, Andre Brown

I'm assuming Lynch, and pretty sure on Morris.

But the last one is difficult to choose. I can arguments for Williams and Jackson easily. AHH

UberTag

I need to pick 3 out of these running backs this week:

Lynch, FredJax, Ryan Williams, Alfred Morris, Andre Brown

I'm assuming Lynch, and pretty sure on Morris.

But the last one is difficult to choose. I can arguments for Williams and Jackson easily. AHH
You can't start Williams against the Dolphins defense.

I would roll the dice on FJax over Brown.
Spiller is limited this week and he won't necessarily be limited the rest of the way.
Got to play FJax when you have a clear opportunity where he should get the majority of the touches.
Plus, that Eagles defense is damn good.

UberTag

Which one should I start?

Should I start both?
Spiller is probably only going to get a handful of touches as he's still limited and only had light practice during the week.
He's mega-talented so he could go off in limited work, but I would start FJax ahead of him until this situation shakes out further when both guys are healthy.

I have Spiller on my bench this week for Sproles and Martin.

EDIT: This situation appears to be changing. Oh shit!

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Bills plan to share the workload "evenly" between Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller in Week 4 against the Patriots.

I have an FF question

Should I flex D.Moore OAK over Rodgers ATL ?
With an extremely favorable matchup against the Panthers... and the fact that he took more snaps last week than Michael Turner... you can't bench Quizz Rodgers for Moore.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Stupid trivia time! Without looking it up, answer the following questions.

Who leads the NFL in total qbr this season?

Who's second?

How many rookie/second year qb's in the top 10?

*Bonus question. Where is Rodgers ranked?

RBH

Stupid trivia time! Without looking it up, answer the following questions.

Who leads the NFL in total qbr this season?

Who's second?

How many rookie/second year qb's in the top 10?

*Bonus question. Where is Rodgers ranked?

Matt Ryan?

UberTag

Who leads the NFL in total qbr this season? Matt Ryan (unless Shaun Hill qualifies)
Who's second? RG3
How many rookie/second year qb's in the top 10? 3 (RG3, Ponder... ugh... Kolb?)
*Bonus question. Where is Rodgers ranked? Not in the Top 10

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Jackson and Spiller back make me very happy. Pats losing last week makes a little nervous.

Should be a good game. My heart says Buffalo, my head says it'll be close.

What's sad is that in my listing of Running Backs: FJax, Lynch, Morris, R. Williams, Andre Brown

I forgot to mention my first pick: Chris Johnson.

I'm glad I haven't played him since week 1.

JCizzle

Midget Hands will destroy Urban Meyer's unworthy replacement for him (Tebow). Rex will be too distracted by Harbaugh's glorious man feet.

fYNe0.jpg

Top Bottom