• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

squicken

Is it okay to take peterson and wilson out of the hall of fame now?

Wilson may be good, but he is very much holding the Seahawks back. The Rams had trouble with his scrambling early and he made some throws on the move. But they realized he can't see the field from the pocket and ALWAYS wants to roll right. So they had their ends stay in the lanes and had the DTs just jump up and down. When rewind is up I'll get a gif of this.

It's not a matter of throwing lanes. He can't see the defense to know who to throw to w/o getting outside the pocket. Cheatin' Pete was dumb. Should have just run Lynch all game. Rams run D is awful. Best offensive player is the kicker

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
anyone got any logo ideas?

lC8HG.png

Need rors to break out the lifelong cat.

Barden's OPI was obvious and well called. Nnamdi body block or not, you can't mug the guy and not expect to have it called.That pretty much killed the game as 54 yards is a crap shoot for Tynes who just isn't great long range. Still, other factors can be pointed to in this loss aside from Barden. Eli's interception was terrible and just a bad throw. The fact that defense couldn't stop the run in the second half was disgusting. Made worse by the fact that the Eagles weren't even doing anything special. The cutback was there everytime and they even ran the same damn play 2-3 times!
This is why I feel a more veteran receiver doesn't try and chuck Nnamdi running though him. That would've put pressure on the ref and no way he swallows the whistle. Unfortunately Barden was way too physical there and out-PI'd Nnamdi.

I still don't get why Fewell is bad at 2nd half adjustments, you KNOW McCoy cuts back all the time. The FB run play was also gashing them, and I lost count how many times Osi lost contain in the 2nd half alone. Maddening.
The vaunted defensive line isn't playing up to their reputation. Osi isn't a surprise. Watch him break contain all night long and tell me he deserves big money. Tuck has been average at best. JPP and Linval are the only two standouts. I know Giants fans like to call him overpaid but it's obvious to me that the defensive line sorely misses the internal pressure that Chris Canty generates.
This. Not to mention the guy eats people up and QBs hate him due to his tree-trunks arms batting balls down. Also what happened to rotating Osi in and out? Are they that lacking at DE now?
Someone put Webster out to pasture. I've wanted to be patient but the man has fallen off of a cliff this season.
Didn't he start off shitty last year also? I don't know what his deal his, he has one good year and one bad year. Guess what year the cycle is on now?

Drakeon

Is it okay to take peterson and wilson out of the hall of fame now?

Wilson may be good, but he is very much holding the Seahawks back. The Rams had trouble with his scrambling early and he made some throws on the move. But they realized he can't see the field from the pocket and ALWAYS wants to roll right. So they had their ends stay in the lanes and had the DTs just jump up and down. When rewind is up I'll get a gif of this.

It's not a matter of throwing lanes. He can't see the defense to know who to throw to w/o getting outside the pocket. Cheatin' Pete was dumb. Should have just run Lynch all game. Rams run D is awful. Best offensive player is the kicker

Wilson is the OROTY Squicken, maybe you hadn't heard? Every day he's russeling!

In all seriousness, does anyone think the seahawks will put in Flynn at some point? Russel sure as shit ain't setting the world on fire like he did in preseason.

Madtown_

Had to get away from football after that game this afternoon.

Can't say I cared about the game tonight anyways. That said, I guess I'm glad the Eagles won.

Hunter S.

I should be in Broncos Age as when I rarely post it is usually on Colorado sports. Brady is going th be swallowing horse cum after his next loss against the broncos.

Drakeon

So Jets fans, I know you were all "It's all Schotty's fault" after week 1. But can we all agree that it was *at least* as much Sanchez's fault as Schottenheimers for the Jet's offensive woes since they drafted Sanchez? I mean, you could argue that Sparano's offense is also bad, but Sanchez has done pretty bad in both.

squicken

Wilson is the OROTY Squicken, maybe you hadn't heard? Every day he's russeling!

In all seriousness, does anyone think the seahawks will put in Flynn at some point? Russel sure as shit ain't setting the world on fire like he did in preseason.

He would really hurt Wilson's confidence, but I think he should. At least if he wants to win this year. I don't think Wilson will ever be a solid starter. Good backup? Sure. But they still need to draft their QB of the future

So Jets fans, I know you were all "It's all Schotty's fault" after week 1. But can we all agree that it was *at least* as much Sanchez's fault as Schottenheimers for the Jet's offensive woes since they drafted Sanchez? I mean, you could argue that Sparano's offense is also bad, but Sanchez has done pretty bad in both.

There's no talent surrounding Sanchez. Even Holmes is hurt now leading the Jets with a rookie WR and a second year WR.

Also the Jets have no running game. One of Sanchez' strengths was the play action, but with a non-existent running game, its kind of hard to capitalize on that strength.

But Sanchez is pretty bad too once he starts hitting the ground.

Sanjuro

I tried this last season, they just don't seem to get the idea that their coach is simply terrible.

Sanchez too.

I'm just glad my Panthers played a full 59 minutes of football. If games were 60 minutes, we'd have been in trouble during that game today!

Add me to the Panthers please. *sigh*

Top Bottom