• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Great week, but I just have to say..

That Panthers loss was on Rivera. 4th and 1, late, your D couldn't stop a toddler, and your run game is potent. GO FOR IT! Play to win!

Kalil should be a candidate for OROTY but Oline gets no love.

He won the Jags game with the blocked extra point and has made ponder look like he's taken 20 steps in the right direction.

Great week, but I just have to say..

That Panthers loss was on Rivera. 4th and 1, late, your D couldn't stop a toddler, and your run game is potent. GO FOR IT! Play to win!

Exactly was I was screaming at my TV, even after it was downed at the one. I recall saying to my wife, "watch, bomb out their end zone to put them in field goal range."

Also, today my six year old daughter learned why you never, ever say, "we're gong to win!" Prior to the game begin over. Being both a gamecocks and panthers fan, you'd think that would have happened already.

Drakeon

He would really hurt Wilson's confidence, but I think he should. At least if he wants to win this year. I don't think Wilson will ever be a solid starter. Good backup? Sure. But they still need to draft their QB of the future

See, I thought the same thing. They made a huge mistake starting Wilson over Flynn because it's a lot harder to go from Wilson to Flynn than Flynn to Wilson. By taking Wilson out, you're damaging his confidence, stunting his growth, etc (this assumes you think he can be your QB of the future). The Seahawks defense is pretty good though, as is the running game, they'd be probably be a better team with Flynn at the helm. With how awful the majority of the NFC is looking, I don't have a hard time imagining 3 teams from the NFC West going to the playoffs this year, but I doubt the Seahawks get it done with Wilson. They should be 1-3 right now, not 2-2.

effzee

And unbelievably, we committed to the run, took care of the ball and we won! What a concept!

Yeah who would of thought! Don't expect to see it for another 3-4 games now. especially not against the Steelers. McCoy needs his rest.

And even with running the ball we just barely won. Def got lucky. Reid, again, made some terrible decisions and I don't even mean the icing call. Out ST coach should be fired this very moment. And a win is a win and I'll take them however they come, but Giants were without Nicks and they still had two WRs over 100 yards. Our red zone Offense is still atrocious, they might as well just kick fgs as soon as they get there.

Reid ran the ball finally but then for some odd reason from 2 yards out ran the same sweep play three times in a row. Settling for fgs in those situations is n acceptable.

Note about the offensive PI call. If Barden doesn't fight for it Nnamdi picks it off. If anything he helped save a turnover.

Good win and at least we ran and committed 0 turnovers, but not a great confidence builder. Reid should be fired anyway probably maybe.

K-19

Banned
anyone got any logo ideas?

lC8HG.png

Should have Harbaugh head for the niners.

Look at this pics fox:

http://static.foxsports.com/content...h-Jim-Harbaugh-PI_201202231549046_660_320.JPG (love this one)

http://static.foxsports.com/content...B--Jim-Harbaugh-JW_20101006200348_660_320.JPG

http://beyondthescore.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jim_harbaugh.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/488733/thumbs/r-JIM-HARBAUGH-large570.jpg

Or maybe you could put the Smith head too, that could resume their relationship. Like Batman and Robin. I am sure you gonna make the right thing fox despite that your team sucks.

P-S: Add me on the 49ers list.

See, I thought the same thing. They made a huge mistake starting Wilson over Flynn because it's a lot harder to go from Wilson to Flynn than Flynn to Wilson. By taking Wilson out, you're damaging his confidence, stunting his growth, etc (this assumes you think he can be your QB of the future). The Seahawks defense is pretty good though, as is the running game, they'd be probably be a better team with Flynn at the helm. With how awful the majority of the NFC is looking, I don't have a hard time imagining 3 teams from the NFC West going to the playoffs this year, but I doubt the Seahawks get it done with Wilson. They should be 1-3 right now, not 2-2.

They paid Flynn too much. They'll keep Wilson, then cut Flynn at season's end. If they need a QB they'll go for one.

Should have Harbaugh head for the niners.

Look at this pics fox:

http://static.foxsports.com/content...h-Jim-Harbaugh-PI_201202231549046_660_320.JPG (love this one)

http://static.foxsports.com/content...B--Jim-Harbaugh-JW_20101006200348_660_320.JPG

http://beyondthescore.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jim_harbaugh.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/488733/thumbs/r-JIM-HARBAUGH-large570.jpg

Or maybe you could put the Smith head too, that could resume their relationship. Like Batman and Robin. I am sure you gonna make the right thing fox despite that your team sucks.

P-S: Add me on the 49ers list.

tell em frenchie!

effzee

Oh forgot to mention, our D isn't producing the sacks like they were last year. The lack of hits/sacks really put our secondary in a tough position. Need to fix this ASAP

squicken

His whole logic was dumb. Wilson lit up a bunch of third string players, so Pete gives him a chance to win the job vs KC. The same KC that had been lit up by the awful Rams offense, and is now terrible in the regular season. Just a terrible way to evaluate a position. Flynn must have really done something to piss him off

Drakeon

They paid Flynn too much. They'll keep Wilson, then cut Flynn at season's end. If they need a QB they'll go for one.

They could still make the playoffs this year if Flynn is better than Wilson though. Wouldn't that be worth it to try Flynn out? They did overpay Flynn, but it's not like it was a Kevin Kolb type deal, all they lost was money and even if they did get to the playoffs, they could still cut him at the end of the year.

pete carroll is a fucking idiot. i said at the time he announced wilson as the starter that i just hope he hasn't been benched by the time we get our shot at him. will cheatin' pete bench him before that time? who knows. but its pretty clear he is one of the worst QB's in the league. i'm trying to think of a starting QB that he is better than and no one comes to mind.

even with flynn starting the seahawks wouldn't win the division but they might compete for a wildcard spot. with wilson at QB, that won't happen. seahawks have a good defense but it's not good enough to carry the team to the playoffs (like the niners D of last year).

fingers crossed that the great russell wilson is still starting by the time we play the seachickens!

i agree i like wilson but he needs ayear to grow and flynn seemed to be ready now. they still have a chance if they go to flynn, wilson will hopefully understand and not be too damaged

Drakeon

pete carroll is a fucking idiot. i said at the time he announced wilson as the starter that i just hope he hasn't been benched by the time we get our shot at him. will cheatin' pete bench him before that time? who knows. but its pretty clear he is one of the worst QB's in the league. i'm trying to think of a starting QB that he is better than and no one comes to mind.

even with flynn starting the seahawks wouldn't win the division but they might compete for a wildcard spot. with wilson at QB, that won't happen. seahawks have a good defense but it's not good enough to carry the team to the playoffs (like the niners D of last year).

fingers crossed that the great russell wilson is still starting by the time we play the seachickens!

C'mon, I think Wilson is garbage, but he's better than Sanchez. Everyone is better than Sanchez.

They could still make the playoffs this year if Flynn is better than Wilson though. Wouldn't that be worth it to try Flynn out? They did overpay Flynn, but it's not like it was a Kevin Kolb type deal, all they lost was money and even if they did get to the playoffs, they could still cut him at the end of the year.

Don't think they're gonna Tebow him.

Wilson is really gonna have to shit the bed to get benched. He's bad, but I don't think he's that bad.

edit: What was up with the Bills today? It's like they all got tired at once and then couldn't stop anything. The D-Line was at half speed jogging around by the end of the third quarter.

C'mon, I think Wilson is garbage, but he's better than Sanchez. Everyone is better than Sanchez.

yeah i'd probably take him over sanchez. let me run it through my head right now. starting QB's that russell wilson is probably better than:

mark sanchez

honestly that's it. MAYBE you could make a case for matt cassell or kevin kolb or something but at least those guys have put up SOME numbers here and there

yeah i'd probably take him over sanchez. let me run it through my head right now. starting QB's that russell wilson is probably better than:

mark sanchez

honestly that's it. MAYBE you could make a case for matt cassell or kevin kolb or something but at least those guys have put up SOME numbers here and there

Cassell has Bowe and Kolb has Fitzgerald.

Sanchez has...well nobody now.

Drakeon

Don't think they're gonna Tebow him.

Wilson is really gonna have to shit the bed to get benched. He's bad, but I don't think he's that bad.

edit: What was up with the Bills today? It's like they all got tired at once and then couldn't stop anything. The D-Line was at half speed jogging around by the end of the third quarter.

Oh I agree, I think they'll stick with him to the bitter end. I'm glad too, it'll be a lot easier to beat them with Wilson than with Flynn. I'm just arguing that they should start Flynn, because they'd win more games that way, not that they will.

Drakeon

Cassell has Bowe and Kolb has Fitzgerald.

Sanchez has...well nobody now.

Sanchez was still shit when he had Holmes. You can make this argument for today's game and every other game this year, but the last 2 games, where he did have holmes, Sanchez also looked like shit.

Also Cassel is probably the 2nd worst, I'd agree. Kolb is not great, but hes well above those 2.

This is what happens when the Jets trade up in the draft all the damn time. You're left with shit when your top players get hurt.

Sanchez was still shit when he had Holmes. You can make this argument for today's game and every other game this year, but the last 2 games, where he did have holmes, Sanchez also looked like shit.

Also Cassel is probably the 2nd worst, I'd agree. Kolb is not great, but hes well above those 2.

Sanchez looked like shit but so did the receivers. The receivers couldn't get separation from the Steelers or the Dolphins defense, and when they did get separation, Sanchez overthrew them by a mile. The entire offense is a mess. And the bad thing is that without the TE Keller, the opposing defense knows that Holmes is the only consistent receiver. And now that both of them are gone, the offense is just in for a nosedive.

mark sanchez

26 Russell Wilson SEA QB 60 100 60.0 25.0 594 5.9 148.5 4 4 29 29.0 41T 6 1 8 73.5

27 Matt Cassel KC QB 94 161 58.4 40.2 1,058 6.6 264.5 5 7 59 36.6 33T 14 0 13 70.4

28 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 63 128 49.2 32.0 813 6.4 203.2 5 4 40 31.3 66 9 2 6 69.6

29 Ryan Tannehill MIA QB 80 143 55.9 35.8 1,046 7.3 261.5 2 6 42 29.4 80T 14 3 8 66.4

30 Michael Vick PHI QB 69 125 55.2 41.7 905 7.2 301.7 3 6 43 34.4 49 13 2 9 66.2

31 Brandon Weeden CLE QB 90 167 53.9 41.8 997 6.0 249.2 3 7 51 30.5 43 15 1 9 60.4

32 Jay Cutler CHI QB 49 93 52.7 31.0 642 6.9 214.0 3 6 32 34.4 42T 10 1 11 58.6

the jets and the seahawks are in the same place, they need to change or they will fail. flyn gives them the chance to make the wild card. Tebow would give the jets something better than sanchez plus he has proven to win

the jets and the seahawks are in the same place, they need to change or they will fail. flyn gives them the chance to make the wild card. Tebow would give the jets something better than sanchez plus he has proven to win

The Jets should just skip over Tebow and throw in McElroy. At least he can bring some intelligence to that offense.

Drakeon

26 Russell Wilson SEA QB 60 100 60.0 25.0 594 5.9 148.5 4 4 29 29.0 41T 6 1 8 73.5

27 Matt Cassel KC QB 94 161 58.4 40.2 1,058 6.6 264.5 5 7 59 36.6 33T 14 0 13 70.4

28 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 63 128 49.2 32.0 813 6.4 203.2 5 4 40 31.3 66 9 2 6 69.6

29 Ryan Tannehill MIA QB 80 143 55.9 35.8 1,046 7.3 261.5 2 6 42 29.4 80T 14 3 8 66.4

30 Michael Vick PHI QB 69 125 55.2 41.7 905 7.2 301.7 3 6 43 34.4 49 13 2 9 66.2

31 Brandon Weeden CLE QB 90 167 53.9 41.8 997 6.0 249.2 3 7 51 30.5 43 15 1 9 60.4

32 Jay Cutler CHI QB 49 93 52.7 31.0 642 6.9 214.0 3 6 32 34.4 42T 10 1 11 58.6

I'd argue all of them are better aside from Sanchez and Cassel. Even Weeden. He may be 28, but at least he doesn't have to jump to see over the defense.

Do yourself a favor and don't choose a team if you're not sure. You don't want to get on that list Sviatoslav was talking about.

Oh, I thought it was a fun list... Oh well, I'm new, so people shouldn't expect much. To be honest, it's easier to choose teams I don't like then I do.

Top Bottom