• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Striker

They were anyway?

God damn I'm still so pissed that they didn't draft a decent WR.
That's where Gordon falls in. The options they had in R2 were Randle, Hill, Jeffrey, and Broyles. There's no guarantee any of those guys would be lighting it up right now with Weeden. The entire offense is very inexperienced, it will take them time. Your hope is the staff is giving guys like Benjamin and Gordon, along with Weeden, a decent chance to succeed.

KingGondo

Banned
I know Watkins is a WR but I don't know when he's due to come out... Either way we wont take a WR in the 1st next year after we took Gordon with a 2nd in the Supp. Draft.

I think we have to get a pass rusher to pair with Sheard (who seems to be regressing after a great first year).
Watkins is a true soph, so he won't be out until the next draft. If they're in position to get him or one of those South Carolina DEs I'll be happy.

Hopefully Sheard bounces back when Phil Taylor gets back. The defense has a shot to be an anchor with those guys and Haden back.

They need to fire Shurmur's ass ASAP though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Watkins is a true soph, so he won't be out until the next draft. If they're in position to get him or one of those South Carolina DEs I'll be happy.

Hopefully Sheard bounces back when Phil Taylor gets back. The defense has a shot to be an anchor with those guys and Haden back.

They need to fire Shurmur's ass ASAP though.

Truer words have never been spoken before.

effzee

What the tech and the manager said are bullshit. NFL Network is included with the basic TV package, RedZone comes with the $6 Sports tier add-on. And dude, there is no way you're getting a basic package and paying $191/month. You need to threaten to cancel or something. I don't have whole-home DVR, but I have the rest (yes, phone even tho I live in an NYC apt) and I pay $130/month (including the sports tier package) with the next speed up on internet (I think it's called Turbospeed or something, not whatever their basic internet is). You are being ripped off something furious man.

Yeah def will look into it.

Two boxes, the remotes, and probably the calling plan have something to do with it.

ATF487

Man fuck Time Warner!

So I didn't get NFL network when it was supposed to start on TW back on Sunday. Monday morning I called and asked if its included in my package. I have the most basic cable TV service, yet the bundle with phone, internet, and whole house DVR service costs me $185 a month.

Woman from TW tells me why yes its included in your bundle but the RedZone channel isn't. Sweet! She reboots my two cable boxes from the service center which was supposed to activate the NFL network. Didn't work. She doesn't know what happened so she schedules an appointment for the next day, Tuesday, so a tech can manually activate the channel.

They told me anytime between 4-6 pm. At 6pm exactly they call to let me know no one will be able to come to my house today because they somehow overbooked and now don't have any tech available. I let them have it. Luckily they said they will def re-schedule for Thurs and this time no matter what a tech will show up.

So today the tech shows up at 5:55 pm right when I am thinking no one is showing up again. He comes in and asks me what the problem is. I ask him if he knows why he is over and he says to me "No sir they didn't provide information, I just know you are having some trouble with your cable box." ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Anyway I tell him I am supposed to get the NFL network but its not showing up. He plays around with the box and some settings and tells me its not included in my package, whoever told me it was didn't understand how basic my set up is, and that if I want I will have to pay $6 per month extra. This also includes some other channels for non sports like the NHL and MLB.

After hurling some insults at him and his company he called his manager. After hurling more insults at his manager about the whole fiasco they agree do let me trial the sports package for 1 month free of charge and I wish to continue I will be charged $6 extra per month. Also included redZone.

Unbelievable that you can pay close $200 per month and still not get these channels. On top of that in the area I am in there is no competition. No Fios or other cable provider. Only other option is DirecTV.

Telecom prices are insane nowadays.

It's so much easier to find streams :-\

Wes

venison crêpe
You guys who are not regular viewers of the Browns are in for a treat with regards to Shurmur's playcalling.

It is stunning.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
i.png

Let's go!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You guys who are not regular viewers of the Browns are in for a treat with regards to Shurmur's playcalling.

It is stunning.

I've identified my favourite plays:

1. Run up the middle for 1 yard.

2. 3rd and long you best check that shit down for a 3 yard gain.

Wes

venison crêpe
I've identified my favourite plays:

1. Run up the middle for 1 yard.

2. 3rd and long you best check that shit down for a 3 yard gain.

Shurmur to the WRs: "For the love of God, make sure you keep cutting to the sideline before the 1st down marker"

Wes

venison crêpe
A COMPLETION!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You one-nighter Browns fans.... this is as good as it gets.

Top Bottom