• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
?

did you even read the thread? lol

Used to disappointment from the cards tho so I aint even mad.

You're an AZ fan? I believe we were thinking about these guys:

The Seattle game was only close because of two big punt returns, that was the first game of the season and our ST hasn't allowed a big return since. A close call against Dolphins which was clearly a trap game outweighs weeks 2 and 3? Ha! Indeed we are virtually ALWAYS close, which is exactly why it's extremely silly for people to keep acting like it's luck. If it was just these four games, fine, but it's not. You can trace it back to our big win streak last season that ebbed into this season, there's nothing flukey about it. We have a lot of young guys plugged in that will only get better. We're far more likely to improve than regress.

You've gotta stop listening to those podcasts/shows talking head programs because when it comes to Arizona they can't help but dig the boots in, but on the other hand the Texans are the best team this season yet they haven't played anybody decent.
Fuck em all I say!!!

Ænima

just awful coaching. people were actually touting whiz as a coach of the year. no good coach allows all those sacks
I don't see how that was his fault. They were seriously losing like 2 yards per carry when they tried to run. Then when they tried screens to slow down the pass rush those got completely blown up.

Doomsayer

My favorite part about Squall is that he basically trashed the 49ers all of last year about how they were lucky and not very good.

Yet, here we are in week 5 with the Cardinals doing the exact same thing the 49ers did last year, win close games with defense, yet they are powerhouses.

I can't help but laugh.

LJ11

Ænima;42874760 said:
I don't see how that was his fault. They were seriously losing like 2 yards per carry when they tried to run. Then when they tried screens to slow down the pass rush those got completely blown up.

That was the truly terrible part, screen game was non-existent when the game was in doubt. Maybe the Rams coverage changed after going up by 14, which allowed their screen game to get going a bit. Probably dropping 4 deep and with only 3 underneath defenders. No clue though. How you don't get the screen game going when your OL is getting gashed is beyond me.

lololol i can't believe squall and lazer actually believe the cards are a top 5 or even a top 10 team. i know they are biased but the cards aren't a good team. they have a decent defense that can be exploited with all their blitzing. they have one of the worst offenses in the league and one of the worst offensive lines in the league. i will be shocked if the cardinals win more than 7 games this year

lololol i can't believe squall and lazer actually believe the cards are a top 5 or even a top 10 team. i know they are biased but the cards aren't a good team. they have a decent defense that can be exploited with all their blitzing. they have one of the worst offenses in the league and one of the worst offensive lines in the league. i will be shocked if the cardinals win more than 7 games this year

Bu...bu....bu...buuuut,

They beat like, the Eagles and Patriots, man!

squicken

Bradford got to sack up and come to realize that Danny gonna be out for a long time.

The INT was awful. But you watched the game. Do you really think he played poorly? When a RB fails to pick up a blitz and the QB is able to throw it away, that is a positive play. The deep ball that Danny dropped and the one that he broke his shoulder on were beautiful throws. Ignore the mob

NomarTyme

Its just one fucking game...jesus guys.....

The INT was awful. But you watched the game. Do you really think he played poorly? When a RB fails to pick up a blitz and the QB is able to throw it away, that is a positive play. The deep ball that Danny dropped and the one that he broke his shoulder on were beautiful throws. Ignore the mob
I was just saying he needs to step up his game because his security blanket is gone.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Yep and to even compare them to the Texans lol I know the Texans will now lose to the Jets for laughing about this (damn jinx), but no way would Schaub be sacked 9 times or would the Texans ever lose to these Rams or Cards teams.

No offense to Squicken's Rams.

Yep and to even compare them to the Texans lol I know the Texans will now lose to the Jets for laughing about this (damn jinx), but no way would Schaub be sacked 9 times or would the Texans ever lose to these Rams or Cards teams.

No offense to Squicken's Rams.

the cards are incredibly similar to the 2009 broncos (or whenever they started 6-0). they were never 4-0 good and over the course of the season this will play out. not saying they'll finish 4-12 but i don't think they are a playoff team. especially not this year where the NFC actually has quite a few good teams.

Ænima

Agreed. They remind me of a lot of Redskins teams that I have seen that follow this pattern:

1) Start out hot and win a few games you aren't supposed to early
2) Lose a lot of tough defensive battles like 16-10 in the middle of the season
3) Defense gives up and the team gets blown out at the end of the season

squicken

Its just one fucking game...jesus guys.....

I was just saying he needs to step up his game because his security blanket is gone.

oh for sure. it's going to be tough. rookies have to get better. givens got bodied out on 2 sideline passes. any team that can score will kill them.

but, they've played calvin johnson, fitz, and brandon marshall, and have only allowed 1 TD to a WR. those teams have their struggles but Rams secondary is strong

Completion percentage in the 30's. Amendola is a big loss. It was a big loss last year. Hopefully with a competent coach, the loss will be marginalized. I'm not running for the hills yet, but it is worrisome

squicken

Completion percentage in the 30's. Amendola is a big loss. It was a big loss last year. Hopefully with a competent coach, the loss will be marginalized. I'm not running for the hills yet, but it is worrisome

I'm just arguing to look beyond the numbers. The INT is unforgivable. The could have salted the game there and he threw it up for grabs. It was a terrible decision

I think more should be said about how Fitzgerald clearly didn't give a shit today.

will never get media attention. dude is a sacred cow

NomarTyme

oh for sure. it's going to be tough. rookies have to get better. givens got bodied out on 2 sideline passes. any team that can score will kill them.

but, they've played calvin johnson, fitz, and brandon marshall, and have only allowed 1 TD to a WR. those teams have their struggles but Rams secondary is strong

I like to see this defense play on the road... Miami is a decent test.

BigAT

Feeling pretty good about my decision to not watch the game tonight. Looking over the box score it looks like it was awful.

Spinluck

will never get media attention. dude is a sacred cow

Dude belongs in a super finesse offense, never saw him has a physical WR who will grind for extra yds. He'll get them easily in an open field, but he won't run through anyone to get them.

Kinda like Marvin Harrison.

Alex Smith is Kevin Kolb with an o-line.

and a coaching staff!

alex smith is an average qb. he has poor pocket presence and wont go deep but he is reasonably accurate in the short game, doesn't turn the ball over and is good against the blitz. kevin kolb has no pocket presence and forces the ball when he shouldn't.

i don't think alex smith is drastically better than any other QB in our division besides russell wilson but alex smith is the best QB in the division given our coaching staff. of course, kaepernick would be the best QB in our division as well if he were starting

Spinluck

Whatever. He played great defense. Not his fault his QB can't throw for shit.

True.

I don't expect his confidence to go up with that scrub throwing to him.

It's no wonder why he was one of the guys lobbying so hard for Manning this off-season.

Rookie, prime, and noodle arm Peyton are better than Kolb. Lol.

Smokey

it's amazing how the texans are 4-0 and yet all nfl network wants to talk about for the monday game is the fucking scrub ass jets

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
it's amazing how the texans are 4-0 and yet all nfl network wants to talk about for the monday game is the fucking scrub ass jets

NEWYORKNEWYORKNEWYORKNEWYORK

Plus, people don't care about the Texans as much as the trainwreck that is the Jets.

welcome to playing the jets! after our game there was little talk about the 49ers and mostly talk about "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE JETS! WHEN WILL TEBOW START! CIRCUS!"

squicken

idvwpwonebipye4rha.jpg

shurmur. spags. mcdummy. all gone. good to finally have a coach

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

I'm not shocked at all and even if we win... it will still be about the Jets lol

Top Bottom