• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

squicken

So are the Rams for real or what?

I said 6 wins before the year. Maybe they can win 8 if they get lucky. Their offense is bad, and if a team can make them play from behind they have no ability to catch up. SEA and AZ were very flawed and overrated teams that the Rams were able to beat at home

Dwight Freeney apparently not playing this weekend, or if so, he'll be limited.

Colts fans (hello?? Anyone? Narag?), how has the defensive transition been thus far, outside of the first game?

jmdajr

I'm not shocked at all and even if we win... it will still be about the Jets lol
Then it will be about green bay, ravens, patriots etc. And if they win the superbowl it will be about why those teams didnt. Just how it is. Have to be cool with it.

If not now, they will be in the next few years with those two extra #1 picks.

Yeah if Bradford is good at all theRams will be set for a long time. Their D is already much improved from last year. They could easily be 4-1. Fisher was such a great hire for them.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Hmm maybe they'll trade with the Browns to get Geno or Barkley. :eek:

Also in more Browns news looks like James Michael Johnson is going to play Sunday.

UberTag

So are the Rams for real or what?
More like the NFC West is for real. ESPECIALLY at home.
Home teams are 9-0 so far this season.

That's bad news for the AFC East and the NFC North.

It's especially bad news for my soon-to-be 2-4 Bills the next two weeks.
And the Giants/Patriots next weekend, for that matter.

No wild card run again this year Bills fans. Perhaps Mario will buy us some kleenex with his $100 million to dry our tears.

bionic77

I dunno whether I'm more humored by the gif or by the fact that someone sat a home for a few hours animating a horny, cumming dolphin :jnc
Does anyone doubt most dolphin lovers are diehard Pats fans? I always thought Pats fandom and beastiality went hand in hand, or I guess I should say hand in paw or however the way you sick fucks talk about this stuff.

Man I wish I had the balls last night to pick the Rams in my pickem. Every instinct was telling me to stay away from the Cards, but the Rams are just so horrible that I could not pick them with any confidence.

Sappy113

That's pretty much the consensus view in Rams nation. Most of us know all too well that this is still a very flawed team, and we need some things to bounce our way to evolve into a consistent play-off performer.

In the short term, we really can't afford any more injuries, we need someone to step up while Amendola is out and we need to limit opposing offenses severely in every game. That means, amongst other things, that Brockers (the DT drafted in the 1st this year) needs to come along quickly to limit opposing running games. This iteration of the O will never put up very many points, unless we're playing Washington, so we need the D to keep games close. If they can do that, we can hang with almost any one.

In the long term, we basically just need to hit on a large percentage of our picks. We have a lot of high round picks incoming the next two years. Hit on all of them, I can't see how the Rams won't be in the play-off race for many years.

Milchjon

Man I wish I had the balls last night to pick the Rams in my pickem. Every instinct was telling me to stay away from the Cards, but the Rams are just so horrible that I could not pick them with any confidence.

Sorry for your loss. Does your wife cope okay?

bionic77

The office is still on the air? Didn't that show stop being good like 5 years ago?
I have no idea. I don't really have time for tv anymore but I always liked Parks and Rec and 30 Rock more anyways.

The Office was really funny at first but there is only so far you can take that idea.

Whatever time I have for tv is usually reserved for sports and/or Barney the dinosaur (kids barely get to watch tv, but when we do put it on this is by far their favorite show).

Wes

venison crêpe
Hmm maybe they'll trade with the Browns to get Geno or Barkley. :eek:

Also in more Browns news looks like James Michael Johnson is going to play Sunday.

You know, a LB corp of Robertson - Jackson - JMJ looks a lot better 4 games in to the season than it did during the summer. I always felt we needed a good OLB but if those 3 keep playing well and they constantly replace Fujita and Maiava then we can focus on a right sided DE, a right sided CB and a weak safety. Then our defence is pretty much there.

More like the NFC West is for real. ESPECIALLY at home.
Home teams are 9-0 so far this season.

That's bad news for the AFC East and the NFC North.

It's especially bad news for my soon-to-be 2-4 Bills the next two weeks.
And the Giants/Patriots next weekend, for that matter.

No wild card run again this year Bills fans. Perhaps Mario will buy us some kleenex with his $100 million to dry our tears.

And if you do go on a playoff run, he can still buy you Kleenex... just for a different reason.

bionic77

Sorry for your loss. Does your wife cope okay?
Ebb and flow dude.

My balls will return in force this Sunday afternoon after we destroy the Eagles. It's all going bad for Yankee. First his favorite Kolb stinks it up in a big division game and now his team is going to lay down in the first quarter to their state rivals. Well at least he has the Yankees winning the East!

squicken

Yeah if Bradford is good at all theRams will be set for a long time. Their D is already much improved from last year. They could easily be 4-1. Fisher was such a great hire for them.

Yeah he's been great so far. Their wins are against mediocre teams, and they lost bad to the only good team they've played. But after 2-14 that's okay by me. Amendola loss is huge. He was wearing out Peterson. Bradford was 3-16 after he got hurt. They were reduced to hitting shot plays after that. Schotty will have to figure out how to get it going

edit: guy's an ass but Pete Prisco has his film study up. Giants-Eagles breakdown

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/p...ick-takes-full-advantage-of-better-protection

Cagey

Banned

Bowser

With the Rams win, the Panthers take over the record for longest streak without a winning record at any point in the regular season. Last time we had a winning record in the regular season was December 28th, 2008. The Rams hadn't had a winning record at any point in the regular season since 2006 until last night.

:(

Yeah he's been great so far. Their wins are against mediocre teams, and they lost bad to the only good team they've played. But after 2-14 that's okay by me. Amendola loss is huge. He was wearing out Peterson. Bradford was 3-16 after he got hurt. They were reduced to hitting shot plays after that. Schotty will have to figure out how to get it going

edit: guy's an ass but Pete Prisco has his film study up. Giants-Eagles breakdown

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/p...ick-takes-full-advantage-of-better-protection

The NFL is filled with mediocre teams now. If you can just win those games you should make the playoffs for sure. Giving away that Lions game is really big now. I really Danny isnt out long, guy is just fun to watch and a really good player. The offense an atleast be competent with him in, without him they have nothing. Their really is no one else can can win 1 on 1 battles. I really cant wait to see what they do with their picks this coming year. You would think load up on offensive skill positions but Fisher loves to draft defensive guys high.

Milchjon

So Steven Jackson free agent in 2013? He's so gonna end up on the Patriots roster.

Nope, we have two great young RBs now, plus Vereen who you never really get to see but who was drafted higher than Ridley AFAIR, plus Danny Woodhead. RB is one of the few positions where the Pats seem to be all set. Now a few retired receivers and a couple of TEs, that seems realistic.

Wrayfield

Nope, we have two great young RBs now, plus Vereen who you never really get to see but who was drafted higher than Ridley AFAIR, plus Danny Woodhead. RB is one of the few positions where the Pats seem to be all set. Now a few retired receivers and a couple of TEs, that seems realistic.

Belichick collects RBs like crazy. One young RB now is forgotten next year.

Pats aren't interested in washed up players.

He'll be a Jet!

Hehe, you might be right.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You know, a LB corp of Robertson - Jackson - JMJ looks a lot better 4 games in to the season than it did during the summer. I always felt we needed a good OLB but if those 3 keep playing well and they constantly replace Fujita and Maiava then we can focus on a right sided DE, a right sided CB and a weak safety. Then our defence is pretty much there.

Oh man I can't even imagine. What wonders that will bring.

"What Vick's capable of when he's protected".

On that play, noted on the broadcast so why Prisco's breaking it down is likely a laziness factor, the Eagles went max protect and sent two men into routes, keeping 8 in to block.

So hey... a QB can make a good throw when he's got max protection?

Put a high school qb back there and give him 10 seconds to throw and he could make a few throws.

squicken

The NFL is filled with mediocre teams now. If you can just win those games you should make the playoffs for sure. Giving away that Lions game is really big now. I really Danny isnt out long, guy is just fun to watch and a really good player. The offense an atleast be competent with him in, without him they have nothing. Their really is no one else can can win 1 on 1 battles. I really cant wait to see what they do with their picks this coming year. You would think load up on offensive skill positions but Fisher loves to draft defensive guys high.

I think next year will hit OL. They went pretty heavy on defense this past draft. Fisher teams in TN had a history of spending high on offensive linemen

Speaking of, and this is why I think Whiz isn't that great. They went 4-wide on like a third of their plays, while their QB got hit on about a third of their plays. STL has Wayne Hunter as an LT, but did you ever hear his name? Fisher's mantra is that they will sacrifice production to keep the QB healthy. With the game still close Whiz was reckless with all the slanging. They should have played field position and hoped Peterson would have hit a punt return. They gave up on the run too quick

With the Rams win, the Panthers take over the record for longest streak without a winning record at any point in the regular season. Last time we had a winning record in the regular season was December 28th, 2008. The Rams hadn't had a winning record at any point in the regular season since 2006 until last night.

:(

Feelsbadman.jpg

I still believe though. I still believe we will win
maybe 8 games this year
!

squicken

It'll be interesting to see what he gets.

He says he wants to stay. Tough spot. They were awful when he was in his prime, but clearly weren't bringing him back for $7m. Would be nice to bring him back in a reduced role and money and have him take on a personal services contract when he retires. For now, he's the only back that can pass protect, but even then, he was a little slow on a few yesterday.

I think next year will hit OL. They went pretty heavy on defense this past draft. Fisher teams in TN had a history of spending high on offensive linemen

Speaking of, and this is why I think Whiz isn't that great. They went 4-wide on like a third of their plays, while their QB got hit on about a third of their plays. STL has Wayne Hunter as an LT, but did you ever hear his name? Fisher's mantra is that they will sacrifice production to keep the QB healthy. With the game still close Whiz was reckless with all the slanging. They should have played field position and hoped Peterson would have hit a punt return. They gave up on the run too quick

Good point about the OL the Titans always had a great OL. Whiz is a fucking idiot. The Cards probably have the worst OL in the league and yet he has Kolb throw 50 passes, and lots of the 5 or 7 step drops. Its weird against the Eagles everything was quick release 3 step drops. Its like he heard on TV that the Eagles had a good pass rush so he was ready for it, but he didnt know the Rams did so he was totally caught off guard. He is totally incapable of adjusting in game. With the Cards D, and the Rams missing Danny, the Cards should have gone really careful. Play field position and hope Bradford makes a mistake.

tmdorsey

That's going to hurt your go-to Aaron Rodgers comparison, considering he won 11 in his second year as starter.

Yeah but Rodgers had the benefit of sitting behind the great slanger himself for a couple of years.

Cam got afforded no such luxury. :p

Sappy113

Fisher teams in TN had a history of spending high on offensive linemen

They really didn't. Since moving to Tenn, Fisher only picked an offensive lineman in the top 3 rounds twice, Tackles in the 2nd and 3rd round. Which worries me a bit. New LG, RT (as well as WR) should be absolute top priorities. Best chance of scoring a great one should be in the top 3 rounds.

Then again, with 6 picks in the 1st and 2nd the next two years, it'd be a deathly sin to not use some of those on the O-line.

squicken

Good point about the OL the Titans always had a great OL. Whiz is a fucking idiot. The Cards probably have the worst OL in the league and yet he has Kolb throw 50 passes, and lots of the 5 or 7 step drops. Its weird against the Eagles everything was quick release 3 step drops. Its like he heard on TV that the Eagles had a good pass rush so he was ready for it, but he didnt know the Rams did so he was totally caught off guard. He is totally incapable of adjusting in game. With the Cards D, and the Rams missing Danny, the Cards should have gone really careful. Play field position and hope Bradford makes a mistake.

Spags and Shurmur and McDaniels were so bad. It's cool to finally have competent coaching

edit: I would consider second round picks high. He also had Hopkins as a holdover from HOU, which skews the early years. But I agree you gotta hope they address both tackles and LG. Or maybe some practice squad guys emerge. If Wells was healthy turner would be at LG. Love Boudreau. Amazing what he's getting from those guys

Sappy113

edit: I would consider second round picks high. He also had Hopkins as a holdover from HOU, which skews the early years. But I agree you gotta hope they address both tackles and LG. Or maybe some practice squad guys emerge. If Wells was healthy turner would be at LG. Love Boudreau. Amazing what he's getting from those guys

He only used a 2nd on a T once in about a 100 years, though.

Boudreau has really done wonders. But the last OL coach was a joke. Amazing he kept that job for so long. But Fisher is smart. He'll let the positions sort out during the season, see what he's got. Turner could be a decent LG. That entire side of the line would benefit from having Wells and Saffold back, and healthy. Fisher might also think Barksdale fits his scheme pretty well as a RT.

We'll see. The current situation, while making the best of it, isn't really sustainable in the long-run. They've held Bradford pretty clean for the last two games, but they've also lined up in max-pro really often, which limits passing options severely.

Top Bottom