• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

effzee said:
And the D can't be completely allowed escape free of criticism.
Never said they should, I just think it's an utter cop out for Reid to use him as a scapegoat in this situation when there are some major offensive issues at play. I think Legendary was a bit more lucid in what I was trying to get across and I agree with him. It was Reid's decision to entrust him the defense and it was his decision to keep him around after the 8-8 season in 2011 and now when things are going poorly the result is questions about Castillo's playcalling making the headlines.

Now to be fair, I happen to have a higher opinion of Andy than most Eagles fans and I do believe that he will examine all facets of his football team during the bye including the offense (despite my disliking of the Juan situation) but in so far as the whole of the team is concerned - the defense has been more of a strength than a weakness in the overall scheme of the Eagles triangle and in the games I've watched (and I've watched them all). There have been failures no doubt and maybe I'm being softer on them than I should but again, it's tough to put your defense on the field and ask it to hold after 17 turnovers in 6 games.

I mean not only is it a question of field position but we're talking major momentum shifts you have to overcome.

cajunator

Banned
Like any kind or just hard liquor? How old are you anyway?

I am 30.
I havent taken a full sip of beer to know how it actually tastes. About an eyedroppers worth is all I tasted. Didnt like it.

Browns-GAF.

Scott Fujita is facing a potential career ending neck injury as per Jason Canfora

edit: I should read up...

This makes me very sad. Fujita was a great Saint and as a Brown he kicked our ass too.
Really hard worker and a great leader. This fucking sucks.

Never said they should, I just think it's an utter cop out for Reid to use him as a scapegoat in this situation when there are some major offensive issues at play. I think Legendary was a bit more lucid in what I was trying to get across and I agree with him. It was Reid's decision to entrust him the defense and it was his decision to keep him around after the 8-8 season in 2011 and now when things are going poorly the result is questions about Castillo's playcalling making the headlines.

Now to be fair, I happen to have a higher opinion of Andy than most Eagles fans and I do believe that he will examine all facets of his football team during the bye including the offense but in so far as the whole of the team is concerned - the defense has been more of a strength than a weakness in the overall scheme of the Eagles triangle and in the games I've watched (and I've watched them all). There have been failures no doubt and maybe I'm being softer on them than I should but again, it's tough to put your defense on the field and ask it to hold after 17 turnovers in 6 games.

Regardless of the ineptitude the eagles have displayed I just have a terrible feeling about the falcons eagles game, I think we are due a big loss. Unless there's 40 seconds left at the end of the game.
GlTp6.jpg

For real though I don't think we can keep pulling these close wins off, we need vast improvements on the offensive line if we want to compete in the playoffs.

ATF487

Water >>>>>>> soda
Sweet tea >>>>>>>> unsweetened tea
Red wine >>>>>>>> white wine
Single malt scotch >>>>>> all other hard alcohol
Beer rules

sweet tea just tastes like sugar, otherwise i agree with these

edit: things i drink

beer
water (usually with lemon concentrate)
straight gin
coffee
tea
red wine

Listening to that Ray Lewis soundtrack reminded me that Ray is a certifiable crazy man.

He probably didn't stab that man, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.
Lol I'm glad other people see the crazy, life after football could be rough for a crazy man
Browns-GAF.

Scott Fujita is facing a potential career ending neck injury as per Jason Canfora

edit: I should read up...
Yeah looking like he might be done.

On a different note, it's only been one win but old man Weeden is growing on me. By end of season I could be in a full blown love affair like Gondo

My other beverages are water, iced tea (don't prefer sweetened, but I can drink it) and milk. I quit soda ages ago.

As for hard liquor, too rich for my blood. I had Jameson's for the first time the other day and thought my throat was on fire. For those that can handle it, more power to you.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Ha! Same with me. We're getting married in March so as not to interfere with any important sporting events. That way, no one will be annoyed they have to attend and we avoid any potential problems when anniversaries need to be celebrated down the road.
Nice. Congrats!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So we're all going to completely ignore the fact that Ray Lewis stabbed a guy while they canonize his career? Will anyone in the media even mention it?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
On a different note, it's only been one win but old man Weeden is growing on me. By end of season I could be in a full blown love affair like Gondo

How can you resist this face?
i.png

But man I was telling you. I'm just trying to get your body ready for the trade we'll end up doing for a team desperate to get a franchise QB.

We'll get the farm!

Water and tea at work, Gatorade for when doing sports stuff, OJ or some other fruit juice when I feel like I need some sugar. Only drink soda if its the only thing available or to mix with some hard alcohol.

But beer is the best.

If the Patriots can get just ok play from the secondary the defense would be so much better.They dont even have to be good.Just get 3-6 stops a game and I think the offense can score enough to win.

h1nch

There's a good chance this game will get out of hand quick for the Broncos if they can't stop Ryan Mathews. And given that they couldn't stop the Patriots at all on the ground last week, it doesn't look good for them this week.

I think our best hope is for the Chargers to come out flat and ill-prepared (always a possibility with a Norv Turner team)

Godslay

Banned
There's a good chance this game will get out of hand quick for the Broncos if they can't stop Ryan Mathews. And given that they couldn't stop the Patriots at all on the ground last week, it doesn't look good for them this week.

I think our best hope is for the Chargers to come out flat and ill-prepared (always a possibility with a Norv Turner team)

We stopped McFadden. Hopefully now that Brooking is starting we can get a little more savvy at the mlb. Mays just wasn't doing it.

How can you resist this face?
i.png

But man I was telling you. I'm just trying to get your body ready for the trade we'll end up doing for a team desperate to get a franchise QB.

We'll get the farm!
Hopfully something like this happens, I'm hoping Clowney comes out and we can trade down for some picks and land a a top D player maybe, but who knows the seasons still long.........

Believe Jimmer takes over tomorrow

MechDX

http://www.examiner.com/article/if-...nyone-then-neither-have-the-falcons-or-ravens

But after the Texans were toasted at home against their first 'quality' opponent last night, the naysayers came out in full force.

As if we're in an era of NFL dynasties and totally dominant teams. Please.

The Packers lose to the Colts, the Colts get killed by the Jets, the Texans beat the Jets and the Texans lose to the Packers.

So the obvious conclusion is the Texans must be a fraud.

If you're interested in facts instead of blather, the combined win-loss record of Texans opponents so far this season is 14-20, a .412 winning percentage.

But if that constitutes playing 'no one,' then what about Atlanta and Baltimore, two other teams at the top of the NFL standings?

Atlanta's opponents so far this season are a combined 11-21 (.344) and Baltimore's opponents are 13-22 (.371).

So if the Texans haven't played anyone, then Atlanta and Baltimore need to step to the front of the 'haven't played anyone' line.

All the shit the Texans got the past few weeks and no one has mentioned the Falcons or Ravens schedule.

WedgeX

Banned
Looks like Jahvid Best's career is over already. What terrible news for the guy and his family. :(

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/10/jahvid_best_fails_neurological.html

Drafting someone with a history of concussions is such a bad idea. I hope Detroit has learned their lesson.

Its bad that they won't benefit from what would have been a long and probably profitable career. But the Lions are holding on to him for at least three years total to allow him access to the NFL's pension plan.

bionic77

If the Patriots can get just ok play from the secondary the defense would be so much better.They dont even have to be good.Just get 3-6 stops a game and I think the offense can score enough to win.
I know that feel bro. The Steelers are horrible in pass coverage. If we could just improve on that plus tackling and rushing the passer we could be decent on defense too.

h1nch

We stopped McFadden. Hopefully now that Brooking is starting we can get a little more savvy at the mlb. Mays just wasn't doing it.

Yeah but I'm worried the LBs will have their hands full covering Gates, just like they had their hands full with Gronk against the Pats.

If Peyton can get the Broncos off to a fast start and rattle off some TDs, it will force the Chargers to go one-dimensional, and then we definitely have a chance.

http://www.examiner.com/article/if-...nyone-then-neither-have-the-falcons-or-ravens

All the shit the Texans got the past few weeks and no one has mentioned the Falcons or Ravens schedule.

I noticed the Falcons schedule, they have the eagles and cowboys next, and they only really hard game left after that is the giants. The Cards are the next hardest team. There schedule is a joke.
Also
AFC East Team W L T Pct PF PA Net Pts
New England 3 3 0 .500 188 137 51
Buffalo Bills 3 3 0 .500 137 192 -55

Apparently Point differentially doesn't matter for much

Godslay

Banned
Yeah but I'm worried the LBs will have their hands full covering Gates, just like they had their hands full with Gronk against the Pats.

If Peyton can get the Broncos off to a fast start and rattle off some TDs, it will force the Chargers to go one-dimensional, and then we definitely have a chance.

It seems like we always have problems with TEs. Hopefully Del Rio sticks around and brings some continuity to this defense. It just keeps getting torn down and rebuilt every year.

i still think the texans are one of the top 5 teams in the league. they just caught the packers on the wrong night and the circumstances surrounding the packers in the week prior just led to a shitty situation for the texans

Top Bottom