• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

bionic77

It's pretty fucked up that the Steelers are the worst team in their division. Yes... worse than the Browns...
Not really. Our team is decimated by injuries and just won 2 Superbowls in the past 7 years. We need to rebuild a bit.

I wish I had as good of an explanation for why Brady had a purse and a pouch over his vagina as a 10 year old.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Just trying to not be a realist ATM lol

Heh, well anything is possible. I could easily see you guys going on a streak. Just looking at the Pack's schedule though:

Texans, at Minnesota, and Giants seem like loses. Cardinals, Minnesota at home, and Bears seem like toss up games.

Not really. Our team is decimated by injuries and just won 2 Superbowls in the past 7 years. We need to rebuild a bit.

I wish I had as good of an explanation for why Brady had a purse and a pouch over his vagina as a 10 year old.

It's true. Specifically, this defense is just not the same without Polamalu.

It's true. Specifically, this defense is just not the same without Polamalu.

Honestly, they're not the same with him either. They have to seriously rebuild...and, believe it or not, move on from Lebeau. Let somebody with some new ideas take a shot. DL's run was awesome, but all great things have to end sometime. Can't see this team winning more than 8 games this year. They'll still be a tough out at home and will be a spoiler, but that's about it.

Godslay

Banned
I had to listen to the entire bar clap for the whole game while I was trying to enjoy my wings and beer.

my team didn't lose yet for the week, so yes

You didn't grab the salt shaker, take off the lid, and proceed to pour it on the guys face? Missed opportunity Greg.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You would know.

How does it feel, having Steelers be a 8-8 team be your super bowl in the middle of your 2-14 season?

yesjacknicholson.gif

Yes let the hate flow out, yesss!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I can't figure this league out. The Steelers lost to what I considered to be probably the 29th or 30th ranked team in the league.

d[-_-]b

Banned
I can't figure this league out. The Steelers lost to what I considered to be probably the 29th or 30th ranked team in the league.
Every dog has it's day? Iunno we were down 14-0 to the BROWNS, that was some unbelievable shit right there, TO THE BROWNS...

Honestly, they're not the same with him either. They have to seriously rebuild...and, believe it or not, move on from Lebeau. Let somebody with some new ideas take a shot. DL's run was awesome, but all great things have to end sometime. Can't see this team winning more than 8 games this year. They'll still be a tough out at home and will be a spoiler, but that's about it.

Only reason I think we should move on from Lebeau is because its going to take time to rebuild this defense and I doubt he'll stick around that long. We need two corners, a safety, a ROLB, and a mack. Right now Timmons and Clark are the only playmakers and half the time they're hung back.

This is the NFL. anyone can win.

Only reason I think we should move on from Lebeau is because its going to take time to rebuild this defense and I doubt he'll stick around that long. We need two corners, a safety, a ROLB, and a mack. Right now Timmons and Clark are the only playmakers and half the time they're hung back.

This is the NFL. anyone can win.

They also need a serious beast on the DL. And they need somebody on the Oline that can road grate. And somebody needs to have a sit down with Tomlin and explain end of game management, he's so bad at it.

Canuck76

Banned
Wait Titans won? How?

Matty Ice needed a revenge game one of these days against them for that ring they stole

(brings ball across the endzone while no one's looking)

They also need a serious beast on the DL. And they need somebody on the Oline that can road grate. And somebody needs to have a sit down with Tomlin and explain end of game management, he's so bad at it.

Honestly I think we have those guys on both sides in Heyward and Decastro. Problem with Heyward is that he's young, and younguns don't play on Lebeau's defense.

Troll

Banned
The 2008-09 season consisted of more Steelers Superbowl victories than Detroit lions regular season victories. That's crazy.

He fucked up, end of story.

Going for that field goal when the opposing team has 2 timeouts, a minute left, will have good field position and only need a FG to win the game suggests that you have confidence in your defense.

I don't know what the fuck game he was watching, but the one I was watching had a Steelers defense that couldn't stop a nose bleed.

This. You either go for it there or punt it and play for OT.

The list of our needs will fill the next 5 drafts. We're on the downward end of the curve, gentlemen. Our 3 SB appearances in the past what, 6, 7 years was the peak. Ben has a decent WR corps so we can be competitive, but the D is old. We need a new SS, a new FS in the next 2 years (Clark is 33), LBs to replace Harrison and Foote, a CB to replace Taylor... and most likely a TE to replace Heath.

By the time you do all that, assuming you even have above average drafts, you'll be looking for a new franchise QB.

The interesting question will be how well Tomlin can coach this team. He basically inherited Cowher's team, with the core of the team on D being stellar and a young franchise QB. He's ridden that to success. Now he has to coach them through a decline and a rebuild.

And we get to watch.

Bottom line: we're gonna lose a lot of away games like the Raiders and the Titans because old teams don't travel well. And coaches who make stupid decisions don't travel well either (ask any Eagle fan).

The interesting question will be how well Tomlin can coach this team. He basically inherited Cowher's team, with the core of the team on D being stellar and a young franchise QB. He's ridden that to success. Now he has to coach them through a decline and a rebuild.

I'm starting to have my doubts with the rebuilding. Tomlin, supposedly a defensive guy, has only hit with Woodley. Timmons maybe, but he's too hot and cold. That's it, that's the contribution from the draft. And both of those guys were in Tomlin's first year! Basically nothing since then. He's done better on the O side with Mendenhall, Brown, Wallace, Pouncey, and we'll wait on the guys from this year's draft. Not sure if that's on Colbert or Tomlin, but whoever it is, they've got to get better.

Top Bottom