• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Wrayfield

Eagles sell out the year before the season even starts so the only way to get tickets is off the 2nd hand market. Stubhub is your best bet. The Eagles make a few standing room only tickets available before each game if you dont mind standing.

Thanks, will probably try Stubhub for that one.

TeamAmericaVomit.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
In a way, yeah. Some of the more crowded, wooden old parts of cities in the Northeastern US, Providence for instance, also remind me of Scandinavia.

I personally love the style of these houses.

I think the most striking part of visiting the US as a European is that it makes you realize how densely populated Europe is.

The US has so much space.

If you thought the US has a lot of space while visiting New England, you should try the rest of the country. Eastern Massachusetts is downright crowded compared to somewhere like Texas.

eznark

Banned
1-0 in the division. Unless you really think Chicago or Minnesota is going to win 13+ games there is nothing to worry about yet. Except that this team sucks.

Milchjon

If you thought the US has a lot of space while visiting New England, you should try the rest of the country. Eastern Massachusetts is downright crowded compared to somewhere like Texas.

Yeah, I know. And I really wanna see other parts too.

The thing that impressed me the most were starry nights in central Maine. Too much light pollution to get anything like that in almost all of Europe.

We talked about shit the other day, and then I stumble upon this Welker interview (no, it's not a picture, no, the video doesn't show feces, sorry FMT and BLarry).

Wes is hilarious. He's my number two!

I bet we bounce back pretty well over the next few weeks. Who knows how it'll shake up by the end of the year but I don't expect a Steelers-like collapse

Dragon

Banned
Not many teams are going to win without their starting safety, outside linebacker, center, guard, tackle, 1st string running back, 2nd string running back and 3rd string running back. 5 of which happened during the course of the game.

Excuses excuses. Your team isn't very good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I bet we bounce back pretty well over the next few weeks. Who knows how it'll shake up by the end of the year but I don't expect a Steelers-like collapse

I'd be surprised if we didn't. I'm just not looking forward to using those playoff seeding calculators again and stressing over the outcome of every single NFC game/team like I did in 2010. That was the year Desean Jackson helped Green Bay win a Super Bowl.

eznark

Banned

Well, after Sunday I think we go on a run against poor competition but I'm not terribly optimistic.

I hope you guys are right and the issue with the offense is line communication. If that is the case then by the end of the year the Packers will be poised for a Giants-like run!

Finley talks about chemistry...

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/1...nding_packers.html?blockID=803097&feedID=5065

Considering that he'll be playing injured if he's cleared for the game, Finley was asked whether he can take his game to the level he wants with his shoulder the way it is.

"I can, (but) it takes two people to do that," Finley said. "And I need the quarterback on my side, and I need to catch the ball when he throws it to me. So it takes two things to get that going, the chemistry. I feel we need to get that going."

This is far from the first time Finley has raised the issue of chemistry between he and the reigning NFL MVP.

"I'm not blaming it on my offseason, but me and the QB didn't have chemistry," Finley said on June 1 following Green Bay's first OTA practice. "The routes were off sometimes, and that'll mess with your head when the ball comes."

Later in that same interview, Finley added: "I couldn't get the chemistry with the QB."

Edit: Damn you Future for soiling conversation by even mentioning the scum that is Finley. Dude was asked how he'd recover from his shoulder injury and responds with chemistry issues with ARod bullshit.

I'd be surprised if we didn't. I'm just not looking forward to using those playoff seeding calculators again and stressing over the outcome of every single NFC game/team like I did in 2010. That was the year Desean Jackson helped Green Bay win a Super Bowl.
I was still in college and I'd spend half my class time in November/December running through scenarios in those things.

Cheesy story incoming.

I left my house during the Eagles game in the early 4th quarter because I was so depressed knowing the Packers wouldn't make it in without a Giants loss. I live literally 5 minutes away from Vince Lombardi's grave in NJ and had never visited before. Figured that was an appropriate time to go. Took me like 20 minutes to find the damn thing and it was super cold out that day . I left a little Packers helmet at his grave, went back home and shortly thereafter experienced the greatest miracle in the world.

TheLegendary said:
I left my house during the Eagles game in the early 4th quarter because I was so depressed knowing the Packers wouldn't make it in without a Giants loss. I live literally 5 minutes away from Vince Lombardi's grave in NJ and had never visited before. Figured that was an appropriate time to go. Took me like 20 minutes to find the damn thing and it was super cold out that day . I left a little Packers helmet at his grave, went back home and shortly thereafter experienced the greatest miracle in the world.
So it was your fault!! Fucking resorting to voodoo rituals at the graveyard!

276850_o.gif

Smokey

I am preparing myself to see a lot of pathetic green and gold around town starting today. Everytime I see it I'm reminded of eznark and that smug avatar.

jmdajr

I am preparing myself to see a lot of pathetic green and gold around town starting today. Everytime I see it I'm reminded of eznark and that smug avatar.

By far the most away team fans I have seen at a Texans Football game has been Steeler fans. I almost wondered if any Texans fans were going ot be at the stadium! In the end Reliant had plenty of Houston fans, but those were a lot of yellow towels.

The most opposing fans ever could have been that Dallas game. Sadly fans couldn't miss the opportunity of selling insanely high priced tickers to them. Anyhow, thanks to the great Cowboys fans now Texans have a lot stricter tailgating rules. Thanks for nothings jerks!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
By far the most away team fans I have seen at a Texans Football game has been Steeler fans. I almost wondered if any Texans fans were going ot be at the stadium! In the end Reliant had plenty of Houston fans, but those were a lot of yellow towels.

The most opposing fans ever could have been that Dallas game. Sadly fans couldn't miss the opportunity of selling insanely high priced tickers to them. Anyhow, thanks to the great Cowboys fans now Texans have a lot stricter tailgating rules. Thanks for nothings jerks!

I'm staying up here in Wichita Falls and there are an absurd number of Steelers fans.

Texans need continued success to sadly be more than the 2nd most popular AFC team in Texas. I haven't even met a Texans fan but plenty of Steelers fans.

jmdajr

Wow a pair of tickets in my section going for 550!

Normal price. About 150. Hey look.. another pair for 999.00!(oh parking pass included, well isn't that nice)

jmdajr

Well in the past 10 years we have 6 AFC Supa bowl winners, and 5 NFC winners.
AFC has not won since 2009 though.

NFC has had 10 different teams make it (Rams, Buccs, Panthers, Eagles, Seahawks,Bears,Cardinals,Giants,Saints,Packers)
AFC has had 4. (Pats, Colts, Steelers,Raiders-just one from each division)

bionic77

Yeah afc is trash. But it has been this way for years!
Trash teams win Superbowls.

Teams that are great in the regular season fall short in the playoffs.

These are the facts. You cannot deny them. The Giants lost to the Redskins twice last year and they didn't give a fuck once the playoffs started. The Steelers started this phenomenon 8 years ago and it has been pretty much the norm since then. This isn't the 80s where Eddie D could just break all the rules and buy a super team. Now every team has holes and luck, health and getting hot are the only things that matter in the playoffs.

The only question is which trash team is going to get the wild card and win it all this year? Right now both the Steelers and Packers have very strong credentials (at least as far as being trash). But if I am being honest there are so many garbage teams this year that is hard to see who is going to come out in the end.

Whatever happens we win. If we get the wild card we will be unstoppable in the playoffs. If we miss the playoffs and win 7 games we will be set up for a fantastic draft in which we draft an entire offensive line (one that can stay healthy for more than 2 minutes) and an entire defense to replace the shit one we have now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The only question is which trash team is going to get the wild card and win it all this year? Right now both the Steelers and Packers have very strong credentials (at least as far as being trash). But if I am being honest there are so many garbage teams this year that is hard to see who is going to come out in the end.

The Steelers aren't going to make the playoffs.

bionic77

The Steelers aren't going to make the playoffs.
People say that every year about every trash team in September and October and some bullshit miracle happen every year (coupled with an epic collapse) where they get on a hot streak and get by the smallest of margins.

It might not be the Steelers that are this years trash team, but one team will rise from the steaming midden heap to become this years champion.

Top Bottom