• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Skol Vikings!

I really hope Harrison Smith continues to play well. With any luck he will get some attention after his ejection. He deserves to be in consideration for DROTY.

uspw_6474360-e1344573734591-420x416.jpg

Fox318

PIT @ TEN

KC @ TB
IND @ NYJ
CIN @ CLE
DET @ PHI
OAK @ ATL
STL @ MIA
DAL @ BAL
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE @ SEA I BELIEVE
NYG @ SF
MIN @ WAS
GB @ HOU

DEN @ SD

Can you at least wait till your team has a winning record before you whine about power rankings? I mean the entire concept is stupid to begin with but this is taking it to another level.
For me it's just refreshing to see the Dolphins pulling away from "laughingstock of the NFL" territory.

I'm not really sure how much of a role Philbin's absence has played in GB's issues but I will say one thing; he has really impressed me so far as a head coach.

Then again, Tony Sparano wasn't too bad his first year either...

Godslay

Banned
From what I have seen of the chargers, they do look better than the Raiders, but certainly they are not much better. Against the raiders they were actually pretty abysmal. It was the raiders making them look better than they actually are. The funny thing is that with the much easier schedule from here on out the Broncos could really turn things around. But, I can never count out any AFC West teams because the motivational factors of in division rivalry always make them unpredictable.

They seem up and down just like us at this point. I think the Broncos just need to play a more complete game than they have (minus the Raiders game in which they did), and they will be just fine. Manning is hold up his end of the bargain, now everyone else needs to do the same.

Texans fans are so even keeled.

5 and 0, why you mad though?

squicken

It is something to hope for, but truthfully the top QB prospects do not pan out to be great QBs most of the time. Weeden is actually doing about as good as Luck and RG3. The team shouwed build around Weeden because he has some time to prove himself as the browns future.

I've got to disagree. Weeden is missing throws and not showing any of the flashes of greatness that Griffin and Luck show. Heck Tannie has looked nearly as good as those two, but Luck is separating

linkboy

Interesting, the 49ers and Giants all-time record (including playoffs) is exactly 18-18, however, the 49ers are going to win on Sunday, so that's going to change.

Ultratech

Funny OP as always.

Picks!

PIT @ TEN - Steelers got this. I think...

KC @ TB
IND @ NYJ - If Tebow, maybe Jets. If no Tebow, Jets are screwed.
CIN @ CLE - Andy Dalton. (It'll be enough.)
DET @ PHI
OAK @ ATL - Whoever wins, I don't care.
STL @ MIA - Went against Miami last week, so now I know better!
DAL @ BAL - I'd go for my 'Boys, but let's face it; I doubt they're gonna win and if they do, it won't be pretty unless Romo (and his offense) turn on Master Command Mode.
Also doesn't help that they like to consistently play to the level of the team that they're playing. (Note: That's not always a good thing.)
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE @ SEA - No contest.
NYG @ SF - 49ers have been on a roll. I'd like to see 'em take down the Giants.
MIN @ WAS - RGIII will save the day. (Unless he gets knocked out...then they still might win!)
GB @ HOU - Should be an interesting game.

DEN @ SD

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
PIT @ TEN

KC @ TB
IND @ NYJ
CIN @ CLE
DET @ PHI
OAK @ ATL
STL @ MIA
DAL @ BAL
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE @ SEA
NYG @ SF
MIN @ WAS
GB @ HOU

DEN @ SD

Hunter S.

I've got to disagree. Weeden is missing throws and not showing any of the flashes of greatness that Griffin and Luck show. Heck Tannie has looked nearly as good as those two, but Luck is separating

So your saying that the guy should get one year to prove himself before the team ditches him? He does not have much talent surrounding him and still has managed to pass for more yards than the other two. I suppose having two potentially good young QBs is a good thing, but more often than not great defensive players and running backs make a quicker impact in the game than potentially good QBs do. Just saying they could give him more time and try to make a more solid all around team.

Slo

Stop trying to create a lifesize eznark pillow before I have you disappeared.

If you ever find a life size eznark pillow in your driveway, don't touch it without gloves. Just bleach it, put it in a Rubbermaid container and mail it back to me.

PIT @ TEN - Pit should dismantle them. Titans are dooky.

KC @ TB - This game will be close. TB wins on 3 yards and a puff of smoke. D Mart.
IND @ NYJ - Indy will take care of business against this dooky Jets team
CIN @ CLE - Close game. I almost wanted to give it to the browns, but they are dooky
DET @ PHI - Detroit rebounds in a big way.
OAK @ ATL - Oakland doesnt have a chance unless their D goes H.A.M.
STL @ MIA - Close defensive game.
DAL @ BAL - The Star continues to fall
------------
BUF @ ARI - Buffalo keeps up their anemic trend
NE @ SEA - A close game but NE pulls out the win after the JNC's defense plays well.
NYG @ SF - The Giants and Cruz catch SF off guard after a couple big wins
MIN @ WAS - Vikebike. We match up well against the skins.
GB @ HOU - I think Greenbay rebounds and catches a complacent Texans team off guard. I expect Clay and woodson to have big games.

DEN @ SD - Manning gets back on track.

Ponder looked pretty lackluster last year and now he looks a touch above average!

Vyroxis

Banned
The Packers have played three of the best defenses in football, while the Vikings ahve only played one team that is good on any side of the football.

Yeah, the Packers are shitty-to-mediocre but I don't know if I'd quite go crowning the Vikings yet. They look a whole lot like the Bengals from the last few years to me.

I'm not saying they are stellar, But they are looking it. However, the second half of our season is going to be brutal. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Why do you say that? Genuinely curious. I've been rolling it around in my noggin' for weeks now and can't conclusively say. His role was more as a schemer/scouter/planner than a game day caller and I'm not positive the Packers have had bad game plans, they've just executed for shit.

Then I remember Seattle in the first half, clearly awful planning. But this week in Indy? Came out guns blazing.

I don't think we have enough info.
I shouldnt say it wasnt a factor but my thing is that we had these same issues before 2011. Rodgers taking sacks, holding the ball, penalties, slow starts.

I think it does have more to do with the moves that Philbins exodus caused with position coaches more than anything special Philbin did himself. Clemons has no OC experience as far as I know. We have a young TE coach trying to coach AGod. We have a Edgar Bennet (an ex RB) trying to teach our receivers. I'm sure that happens often, but that's a lot in one year (yes technically EB was WR coach last year too) and I just think there's a lot of adjustment and on the job learning that's being done by coaches so its affecting the players as well. Just seems strange that McCarthy wouldnt pick up a vet coach in there somewhere but its the same mantra TT follows, grow from within.

I think things will continue to get better but I just hope the season isn't over by that point.

Like you said its all just conjecture since were on the outside. Just my opinion though

Slo

MIN @ WAS - Vikebike. We match up well against the skins.

They're definitely a team that we can play with. The thing that worries me is that they their offensive strength (4th in rushing) is our defensive strength (7th) and our offensive weakness (23rd in passing) is their weakness on defense (32nd).

Sounds like a case of the resistible force against the movable object. It'll either go very very well for us, or very very badly.

eznark

Banned
I shouldnt say it wasnt a factor but my thing is that we had these same issues before 2011. Rodgers taking sacks, holding the ball, penalties, slow starts.

I think it does have more to do with the moves that Philbins exodus caused with position coaches more than anything special Philbin did himself. Clemons has no OC experience as far as I know. We have a young TE coach trying to coach AGod. We have a Edgar Bennet (an ex RB) trying to teach our receivers. I'm sure that happens often, but that's a lot in one year and I just think there's a lot of adjustment and on the job learning that's being done by coaches so its affecting the players as well. Just seems strange that McCarthy wouldnt pick up a vet coach in there somewhere but its the same mantra TT follows, grow from within.

I think things will continue to get better but I just hope the season isn't over by that point.

The schedule gets significantly easier after this week, they should win four straight. We'll see.

It will be interesting to see if they can pick themselves up off the mat after a 2-5 start.

They're definitely a team that we can play with. The thing that worries me is that they their offensive strength (4th in rushing) is our defensive strength (7th) and our offensive weakness (23rd in passing) is their weakness on defense (32nd).

Sounds like a case of the resistible force against the movable object. It'll either go very very well for us, or very very badly.

I'd be much more worried if Griffen wasnt concussed.

Even if he plays he will be rattled and we can handle the run.

I have watched a lot of Weedon this year and a decent amount of Luck and RGIII, and I dont think you can even compare Weedon to those guys. Luck is so poised and RGIII that he is going to be a great leader and an amazing playmaker. The Browns WRs did have some drops against the Ravens but Weedon misses wide open guys so much. He could still turn out good but my guess is the Browns draft.sign a QB to be the face of the franchise this offseason and Weedon is out of the league in a few years.

cajunator

Banned
I have watched a lot of Weedon this year and a decent amount of Luck and RGIII, and I dont think you can even compare Weedon to those guys. Luck is so poised and RGIII that he is going to be a great leader and an amazing playmaker. The Browns WRs did have some drops against the Ravens but Weedon misses wide open guys so much. He could still turn out good but my guess is the Browns draft.sign a QB to be the face of the franchise this offseason and Weedon is out of the league in a few years.

Highly doubt they will go QB in this next draft.
Weeden has potential. He can at least make the throws.
He needs someone to throw to and someone to protect him while he does it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
RGIII was dumb to make those comments after the Rams game it made him look soft.

I'd rather have Luck he looks indestructible.

This was posted on BBI and I was amazed at the coincidence of it all...

After the 666th MNF game last night, Mark Sanchez has 6 TD's and 6 INT's and is averaging 6.6 yds per attempt, has a QB rating of 66.6, a season long TD pass of 66 yards, and wears No. 6.....

Top Bottom