• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

RGIII was dumb to make those comments after the Rams game it made him look soft.

I'd rather have Luck he looks indestructible.

The crazy thing is that Luck has almost the exact same physical stats as Cam Newton.

He is built like a tank and has the poise of a much more experienced QB. Combined with his top level athleticism he makes for a fantastic weapon. He is really awesome.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This Luck infatuation is utterly ridiculous. Dude is completing 54% of his passes. Yeah he'll probably be good down the road (obviously) but he's been the worst rookie QB so far this year.

Highly doubt they will go QB in this next draft.
Weeden has potential. He can at least make the throws.
He needs someone to throw to and someone to protect him while he does it.

I just cant see a new HC and GM being willing to inherit someone elses pick unless he is great and they dont think they can upgrade the position. He can make the throws that is true but will he develop the touch and accuracy he needs still is to be shown. Guys that are drafted early come into the league look great now, teams are going to have way less patience going forward. I also refer you to bionics first rule of rookies, guys either have it or they dont, and you can always tell right away if they have it.

squicken

So your saying that the guy should get one year to prove himself before the team ditches him? He does not have much talent surrounding him and still has managed to pass for more yards than the other two. I suppose having two potentially good young QBs is a good thing, but more often than not great defensive players and running backs make a quicker impact in the game than potentially good QBs do. Just saying they could give him more time and try to make a more solid all around team.

Whoa I'm not saying bench him. Just that he's not on the level right now as the other guys. I was never a Weeden fan but they might as well stick with him. That said, the new rookie scale lets teams cut their losses quickly. Rams are stuck with Bradford. Cleveland can move on in the coming draft if he stinks it up this year

I hesitate to call you stupid but I'm finding it very difficult.

Yeah clearly he is just pissed about the Jets. Luck has impressed me more then any other rookie ever. People have already forgotten they were the worst team in the league last year, and they lost several players during the offseason. He has worse weapons then either the Browns or Redskins and yet he still has played well.

Tannehill is the sleeper success story of the rookie QB class so far. I can't remember the last time I felt excited about a Dolphins QB. He still has plenty of time to regress into worthlessness, though.

Tannehill is the sleeper success story of the rookie QB class so far. I can't remember the last time I felt excited about a Dolphins QB. He still has plenty of time to regress into worthlessness, though.

Yeah, but the dude couldnt tell you what teams he's on, or the state he's in. Do you want that guy leading your team? I'm surprised whenever he throws the football in the direction of the correct endzone.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

No hes legit. So are the Dolphins this year, definitely contenders for a Wild Card sport assuming Reggie can stay healthy.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah clearly he is just pissed about the Jets. Luck has impressed me more then any other rookie ever. People have already forgotten they were the worst team in the league last year, and they lost several players during the offseason. He has worse weapons then either the Browns or Redskins and yet he still has played well.

Reggie Wayne alone is miles ahead of anything the Browns are sending out there to pretend to be WRs.

Second best QB in the division!
Yep, and it's only a short matter of time before he's number one! Just need Brady's arm to hurry up and fall off. :p

Just kidding, Ryan Mallett will rise to power.

Yeah, but the dude couldnt tell you what teams he's on, or the state he's in. Do you want that guy leading your team? I'm surprised whenever he throws the football in the direction of the correct endzone.
He's smart on the field.

This Luck infatuation is utterly ridiculous. Dude is completing 54% of his passes. Yeah he'll probably be good down the road (obviously) but he's been the worst rookie QB so far this year.

No hes legit. So are the Dolphins this year, definitely contenders for a Wild Card sport assuming Reggie can stay healthy.

What are the women like on your planet?

He's smart on the field.

We'll see how smart he is with Hightower's foot up his ass.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Let's not go crazy. They aren't historically bad like some were saying before the season, but they aren't a playoff team either.

MechDX

Houston sports radio talk is Cushing tore his MCL & ACL. Complete knee reconstruction needed. Fuck the Jets!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Let's not go crazy. They aren't historically bad like some were saying before the season, but they aren't a playoff team either.

Why?

There are 2 good teams total in the AFC West. There is only 1 good team in the South. The Ravens have been the only non disappointing team in the North. And the Jets and Bills are going nowhere.

I don't think the Dolphins will make the playoffs this year but based purely on what we've seen so far I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest the possibility. They would really have to overachieve though. So far the team that has won the turnover battle has won every game the Dolphins have played in, so if Tannehill never threw picks and the Dolphins RBs stopped fumbling they would probably have a shot. Those things are extremely unlikely, though.

I'll be happy with 8-8 but 7-9 wouldn't be so bad either.

We'll see how smart he is with Hightower's foot up his ass.
You sure do talk a lot.

I don't think the Dolphins will make the playoffs this year but based purely on what we've seen so far I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest the possibility. They would really have to overachieve though. So far the team that has won the turnover battle has won every game the Dolphins have played in, so if Tannehill never threw picks and the Dolphins RBs stopped fumbling they would probably have a shot. Those things are extremely unlikely, though.

I'll be happy with 8-8 but 7-9 wouldn't be so bad either.

You sure do talk a lot.

I have the added benefit of having watched them play.

LJ11

Bills need to get their shit together. They are not 45-3 bad... are they?

Oh, they are certainly that bad. They're cooked homie.

Gailey has no clue about defense, none. That side of the ball just keeps getting worse. Keep hiring your friends, I'm sure that'll fix things!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNStatsInfo
From Elias, Mark Sanchez is 1st QB since 1999 (Stoney Case, Ravens) with 25+ passes and sub-50% comp pct in 4 straight games

Personally my favorite Mark Sanchez is a scrub stat of the day.

LJ11 said:
Gailey has no clue about defense, none. That side of the ball just keeps getting worse. Keep hiring your friends, I'm sure that'll fix things!
So honest question - is Gailey the answer or would you prefer to see him gone at the end of the season?

Dont the Pats usually struggle against the Fins?

In Miami, it hasn't been uncommon for them to struggle. Last year we opened in Miami and blew them out. I think Brady had nearly 600 yards passing. The game in NE was much closer, but it also came at the end of the season when Miami was dead and the Pats position in the playoffs was pretty much cemented.

LJ11

So honest question - is Gailey the answer or would you prefer to see him gone at the end of the season?

Is Ralph dead? Because it won't make a fucking difference. Gailey's a good OC, questionable playcalling at times, who isn't a good HC, but I think we're stuck with him.

mr2xxx

Banned
So Cundiff about to be fired. Who is the best replacement out these out of work scrubs,Olindo Mare, Josh Brown and Kai Forbath?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I agree that Wayne is better then the Browns WRs but the Browns have a much better OL and T-Rich is much better then any of the Colts RBs.

Before anything gets muddied in no way am I stating that Weeden is anywhere close to Luck in terms of skill. I just don't agree that Luck has less to work with. The Browns are 0-5 for a reason.

But I guess we'll really find out about these two as they play I believe in 2 weeks.

Your quarterback is old enough to be Andrew Lucks dad.

He's not that old...HE'S OLDER! Brandon Weeden could probably be Luck's granddad.

Fox318

Is Ralph dead? Because it won't make a fucking difference. Gailey's a good OC, questionable playcalling at times, who isn't a good HC, but I think we're stuck with him.

Once Ralph is dead don't you think his family is gonna sell to an LA buyer?

bionic77

Steelers might have started slow but they will finish strong.
That depends on injuries.

We are beat the fuck up right now.

I am starting to wonder if Troy is ever going to recover. Dude has not been healthy for awhile now.

We have a ton of needs on defense, but it might be time to start looking for his replacement.

MechDX

P.D. Starr‏@PHABMK6

Forgot about Gary Guyton working out for the #Texans last week. Heard he impressed but no spot for him. There is now.

Retweet

Favorite

Someone tell me about Guyton please.

Top Bottom