• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Doorman

At some point though, the amount of talent on our offense will prevail and we'll come out playing the way we should.

Our defense has been solid thus far, led by the d-line. Pressure on Cutler is key, and I'm confident we'll get that.

I wish I had your same optimism here. How "should" the Lions offense be playing? We're into year 4 and I still don't feel like I have an idea what Matthew Stafford really is. Calvin is great of course, but with the way our offense is schemed, he's been entirely stoppable until we're behind in the fourth quarter and start forcing the ball to him. And nobody else in the offense feels consistent enough that we can really count on them against a tough defense.

Just as you say it's important for our defensive line to rattle Cutler early, I think the Bears are likely saying the same thing. Put two on Calvin and rush everyone else to force Stafford to throw it early, and then cheer once they get a tipped-ball-interception.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have a feeling this game gets out of hand early.

Doorman

Gee thanks Gruden. How does the Stafford/Calvin connection get back on track?

"It can't because of defenses, someone else has to win games."

squicken

If the complaint of an offense is that it only has one good receiver, and that receiver is Calvin Fucking Johnson, then bros, the receivers aren't the problem

lion-cub-pictures.jpg

vs

polar-bear-cub_1786691i.jpg

Lets go!

Top Bottom