• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

beast786

Only 8.7% of Fatford's passes have traveled 20 yards in the air. That's 30th in the league. Cutler is first with 17.3% of his passes. Ponder and RG3 are at the bottom with 5.3% and 6.9%, respectively.

Griffin is productive when he does go deep, hitting 46% of his deep passes. Ponder is not, hitting only 25%. So I'd hold off on getting too excited about Ponder, Vikings fans

obviously everyone plays cover 2 against lions. So that is what defense is giving you.

cajunator

Banned
Only 8.7% of Fatford's passes have traveled 20 yards in the air. That's 30th in the league. Cutler is first with 17.3% of his passes. Ponder and RG3 are at the bottom with 5.3% and 6.9%, respectively.

Griffin is productive when he does go deep, hitting 46% of his deep passes. Ponder is not, hitting only 25%. So I'd hold off on getting too excited about Ponder, Vikings fans

Where do you find these stats?
I looked on nfl site and didnt see those specifically.

squicken

@cajunator pro football focus

:jnc

That's what I've been saying. Slant, curl, slant, slant, screen pass, slant, swing pass to Harvin, curl, slant, slant.

Harvin is the #1 rated WR at PFF. He has 438 YAC, Welker is second at 355, then third is only 278. Guy is killing it

obviously everyone plays cover 2 against lions. So that is what defense is giving you.

Could be Stafford is uncomfortable throwing deep seam routes. Don't watch him enough to know

Slo

Harvin is the #1 rated WR at PFF. He has 438 YAC, Welker is second at 355, then third is only 278. Guy is killing it

Yeah, give Harvin credit. But Ponder's job is basically to either hand off to AD, or PA to AD and throw it to Harvin or Rudolph on a 5 yard route. When that doesn't work, then he does Farvian.

holy shit, I had no idea Virtual Console also carries sega games. Will the WiiU and Wii have the same amount of titles?
You'll be able to transfer VC/WiiWare games to the Wii U.
But won't be able to play them on the gamepad unless they're "ported" (the emulator that is) to the Wii U because of how the Wii U does BC.

I actually love Cutler.

fistbumpbros.gif

Could be Stafford is uncomfortable throwing deep seam routes. Don't watch him enough to know

He throws them, but if you have ever seen Tony Scheffler or Brandon Pettigrew try and catch a ball.... well its cute, but futile. I blam Scott Linnehan for everything, though

Greg

Is anyone good at that Playstation All-Stars? I'm not a big fan of fighting games to begin with, but I had no clue what was going on and scored a -3 in my first match.

beast786

Is anyone good at that Playstation All-Stars? I'm not a big fan of fighting games to begin with, but I had no clue what was going on and scored a -3 in my first match.[/QUOTE]

it's equivalent of Tebow throwing 99.999999 yard TD pass against your team.

cajunator

Banned
How similar to smash bros is Playstation All Stars?
I was hoping for it to be a similar enough clone of it. Kind of lost interest in it though.

Greg

i get first place almost every time with radec! can't wait for the full game to come out
it played a lot smoother than I expected for 4 players, so I'm definitely interested

my second match was only a 1v1 for some reason, and it went to triple OT before my connection dropped

Radec is nuts.....i prefer Parappa though :)
yeah, that's who I played as because he was the default in the tutorial

it's equivalent of Tebow throwing 99.999999 yard TD pass against your team.
the guy in the lead only had 12

I practically won

How similar to smash bros is Playstation All Stars?
I was hoping for it to be a similar enough clone of it. Kind of lost interest in it though.

Scoring is the same but I like how you get the KO better in smash. It's something about watching your opponent fly into the back/foreground makes me enjoy that game more.

cajunator

Banned
Scoring is the same but I like how you get the KO better in smash. It's something about watching your opponent fly into the back/foreground makes me enjoy that game more.

Nintendo adds all the charming little animations and details into Smash Bros. Its one of their strengths that All Stars doesnt seem to have replicated.
Are their objects/weapons in all StarS? Or anything like final smash?

Rorschach

Not sure if it was posted or not but Romeo has officially put Brady Quinn in the driver's seat in Kansas City:

I love Romeo. And I love KC fans' stupidity. It's a beautiful thing.

I'm not sure there's one I'd feel comfortable taking outside of Smith. Wilson can throw with anyone, but he's taken too much punishment behind that garbage Ark line. I've always liked him but I'm hesitant at the same time.

They can't cut Fitz yet, would be a $12.5m cap hit, but after that, he's gone. I actually expect Williams to be cut after his third year, unless he turns it around, would result in cap savings. They can part ways with him after the 2nd year and actually save money, but when you factor in a replacement level player it would even out. Kyle Moore who they sniped last year from the Lions practice squad has been the best DE the last two weeks. Great bull rush, but can't bend around the corner at all. He'd have a few sacks if he could shed/use hands better, but he's gotten great push against two shitty OTs and two average/above average OTs.

Dareus is playing DT, but he's a shell of what he was last year. Dude is looking fat too, sloppy fat, he was always a big man but there was definition around his arms. Thick build. Dude is looking like a slob. His brother's death may be affecting him. Just hasn't been good this year, 3 good games against shitty competition isn't what I want from him.

Yeah, that's why I figured not this year. Shame about Dareus. He had so much potential. I don't think there's hope for Mario. I never thought he was worth it in the first place. Hopefully, they don't hold on to him too long.

Nintendo adds all the charming little animations and details into Smash Bros. Its one of their strengths that All Stars doesnt seem to have replicated.
Are their objects/weapons in all StarS? Or anything like final smash?

They have weapons and they have meter to build up for super moves which when connects is how you score.

Doorman

Lions on Monday Night Football. Woo. Because we have such a great track record when it comes to nationally-televised games in the past few years. This is a game we need to take if there's going to be a hope of making the playoffs, barring some sort of catastrophic collapse to one or more likely two of the other two teams in the division. We've seen glimpses here and there of what both the offense and defense can do when they've got themselves right, all they have to do is put it all together for a whole game.

Bears 27, Lions 13

jakncoke

Banned
it played a lot smoother than I expected for 4 players, so I'm definitely interested

my second match was only a 1v1 for some reason, and it went to triple OT before my connection dropped

yeah, that's who I played as because he was the default in the tutorial

the guy in the lead only had 12

I practically won

loser talk

So looking at Ponder's stats from yesterday's game, I would like to congratulate the Vikings for winning without a QB.

8/17 on passes
2 Int
1 td, which was all on Harvin anyway
Only 58 fucking yards

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Nervous as fuck for this game. D-line needs to get to Poutface early and fast. Mikel Leshoure needs to be a factor in the running game so we can open up the passing game against the Bears cover 2.

Must win tonight, our playoff hopes hinge on it.

Doorman

Nah, we got this.

According to what, exactly? Even in last year's Monday night game, all I saw the whole game long was Cutler getting flushed out of the pocket and still completing most of his passes on the run anyway, and a few big runs ripped off by Best. Our offense is more disconnected now than it was last year and I doubt the defense is going to play any better given the dearth of cornerbacks. That and I think the Bears will score at least one non-offensive touchdown. Any kick that lands in Hester's hands is a failure on the part of our special teams.

cajunator

Banned
football in the rain.
That means either team could win and there will likely be plenty of fuckups.
Cant wait for this.
Im hoping for a sloppy game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Our offense is more disconnected now than it was last year

At some point though, the amount of talent on our offense will prevail and we'll come out playing the way we should.

Our defense has been solid thus far, led by the d-line. Pressure on Cutler is key, and I'm confident we'll get that.

Top Bottom