• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

RBH

Peyton Manning's future beyond this season will be determined by the results of an offseason exam on his surgically repaired neck, sources familiar with the star quarterback's mindset told ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen.

Despite setting NFL single-season records for passing yards and touchdowns in 2013 with the Denver Broncos, Manning will undergo the physical exam in March, as mandated by his contract, the sources told Mortensen.

If the exam reveals that his neck is stable, Manning plans to return to the Broncos in 2014, regardless of how Denver fares this postseason, according to sources.

But if there is an increased risk of injury, Manning will be forced to decide whether to retire, sources said.

The 37-year-old Manning raised speculation about his future this past week when he said, "The light is at the end of the tunnel for me, no question." The four-time league MVP made the comment leading up to Denver's AFC divisional playoff game Sunday against the San Diego Chargers.

But neither a Super Bowl victory nor another playoff disappointment will impact Manning's decision on whether to play in 2014, sources told Mortensen.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...mine-future-based-results-offseason-neck-exam

Eleuin

actually I forgot about San Diego.. they play the style you need to compete against teams like SF, Seattle, and Carolina.

but you also fall into their hands if you turn the ball over. So Phillip would have to play a clean game.

Rivers is going to turn into playoffs Flacco

Godslay

Banned
"Manning will undergo the physical exam in March, as mandated by his contract"

so isn't that just a precautionary thing that has been in place for a while now?

edit: beaten by Slay

Glad you remembered though, already read some people freaking out over it elsewhere.

JABEE

"Manning will undergo the physical exam in March, as mandated by his contract"

so isn't that just a precautionary thing that has been in place for a while now?

edit: beaten by Slay
ESPN, I guess they are desperate for stories.

Top Bottom