• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You guys seriously think they put a bounty on a guy who hasn't even played this year?

That would be like the last guy you want to knock out of the game.

Rflagg

Not sure it was targeting, but it sucks no matter what to see Harvin go out early hope he is ok.
worse trade ever :(

Drakeon

The amount of salt from Seahawks fans in this thread!

You guys think it's no big thing when your defense lays a big hit, but suddenly the Saints do it and it's bounty gate 2?

DominoKid

I think it was a legit hit in the confines of the rules as they are now, but I really hope the NFL does something to address defenders turning themselves into missiles at full speed. Get rid of this idea that dislodging the ball from a receiver is a legitimate defensive strategy. Cover and tackle. Otherwise you are going to see more and more concussions and guys having to leave games.

I'd rather see that than the continued favor the rules give offenses.

Afrikan

Earl Thomas is the only player I've seen celebrate after his team gives up a first down...I've seen him do it 2 times now..but that's 2 times too many.

Velcro Fly

Are people really shocked that a guy who got drilled in the head might have a concussion? I think anyone that got hit like that would be in the locker room and it has nothing to do with injury history...

yuraya

People making fun of jaguars. Cyprien for the jags made more big hits this year than anyone on the saints or seahawks.

/gusbradleydefense give them some time and you will see.

Pimpwerx

We all knew about Percy from college. He's a special talent, but if he ain't injuring his legs, he's got migraines. He's good for a handful of good games a year. I also know this as his fantasy owner of many years. PEACE.

JCizzle

Defense does its job? Check. Special teams gives a short field? Check. Offense given ample opportunities to score an early TD giving a ton of early momentum? Check. Settles for FG? Check.

Yep, this is the NFC West I guess.

Godslay

Banned
I think it was a legit hit in the confines of the rules as they are now, but I really hope the NFL does something to address defenders turning themselves into missiles at full speed. Get rid of this idea that dislodging the ball from a receiver is a legitimate defensive strategy. Cover and tackle. Otherwise you are going to see more and more concussions and guys having to leave games.

Sure. It looked like it was safety help on that play. So that means the defender is likely speeding up to cover that ground and give the help. This means that he's coming full speed. Personally, I'm fine with the hard hits as long as they lead with a shoulder, and not the helmet. Even if he went for a tackle, it's going to be violent with that speed. There has to be some balance there, or it will just swing to the favor of the offense.

Top Bottom