• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

88.gif

Exhibit J?

I think that one was pretty good. You're just a hater.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
A-2uD83CIAE6fX2.jpg

Come at me Seahawks Age!!

Living in the PAC NW I can say this is false. Fans in this area have always supported the Seahawks especially in the last 10 or so years. They did get a lot more vocal last year though.

bionic77

Ravens scum and dirtbags how did Suggs and Dumervil look? Suggs was always our worst nightmare against the Ravens. I only caught a little bit of the game but no one stood out on the Ravens D.

If those two are busts as I hope they are then we might just shit on the Ravens this year assuming we get a healthy o line for the whole year (been forever since that happened).

This might be a great season for the Steelers. Of course it mostly depends on our vets not falling apart and our rookies stepping up but I take those things as a given!

Ravens scum and dirtbags how did Suggs and Dumervil look? Suggs was always our worst nightmare against the Ravens. I only caught a little bit of the game but no one stood out on the Ravens D.

If those two are busts as I hope they are then we might just shit on the Ravens this year assuming we get a healthy o line for the whole year (been forever since that happened).

This might be a great season for the Steelers. Of course it mostly depends on our vets not falling apart and our rookies stepping up but I take those things as a given!

From what I watched of the game Rats starters looked bad. But they also looked disinterested, so I doubt they were bothering to try.

JABEE

In honor of a bona fide Philly hater, only you could hate both Santa Clause and the Gata :)

Sorry if I missed anyone, just picked who came to mind.

iZzQ8af1yrvKZ.gif

That's better and for the record, I don't hate Santa Claus or the Gata.

I hold no ill will towards Jaguar fans.

Godslay

Banned

I thought he looked good had a couple of pressures and a qb hit. Although isn't Atl starting right tackle out? So he was lined up against a backup?

Zeke

effzee

For those who were able to watch the game how did Foles and Vick look? Game didn't air in NYC plus I wasn't home. #s look impressive for both and I know Vick's INT came on a hail mary attempt.

Is the competition over?

For those who were able to watch the game how did Foles and Vick look? Game didn't air in NYC plus I wasn't home. #s look impressive for both and I know Vick's INT came on a hail mary attempt.

Is the competition over?

NFL Network doesn't want you to think so, but it's over. Vick won. If somehow Kelly picks Foles the whole thing was a farce to begin with.

Is the competition over?

Yeah totally over. No way is it Foles now.

bionic77

From what I watched of the game Rats starters looked bad. But they also looked disinterested, so I doubt they were bothering to try.
Yeah I can't take too much from a preseason game. Looks like you can run at Dumervil though all day. But at the same time SJ might still be an elite RB and I can't say with confidence we have anyone on that level. We might with our rook but that is an unknown.

JABEE

Is the competition over?

Yes. Vick is going to be the starter, but Chip Kelly still won't choose one. I think he chooses one this week, but that's my guess.

Vick looked great. He was almost perfect. I believe he 9 for 10 with 104 yards passing. If it wasn't for that Hail Mary call at the end he would have been perfect. Vick was moving them down the field until Polk fumbled the ball at Carolina's 20. Shady took over on the other drive.

Foles was almost as good, but he wasted a timeout, he kept fumbling perfect snaps from the shotgun, and he threw an interception in the redzone on his first drive. Some positives you can take from his performance is that he didn't lose any fumbles. He also showed that he could run the ball in this offense. He rushed for a TD for his only TD.

Foles also ran some slick laterals and swing passes.

I think Vick looked sharper. You could just tell he was more comfortable in his decisions and in the pocket.

The only negatives about the offense tonight were turnovers.

The offensive line was outstanding tonight for both QBs. I think their only mistakes were Hereman's hold on a long Polk run and Lane Johnson getting beaten badly on one instance of Vick getting hurried.

Another thing to look at if you are going to watch the game for the first time is how Kelly used his tight ends tonight. There was one short yardage situation that he lined up 4 tight ends at the numbers and off the line.

I was also impressed by the way the wide receivers and tight ends blocked. Kelly is an awesome playcaller and this is only the preseason.

Some standouts from the defense are Bennie Logan, Vinny Curry, Mychal Kendricks, Chung, and Demeco Ryans who played a pretty good game.

I wonder if Earl Wolff will get a chance to move up the depth chart for Game 3. I'm pretty excited. Both preseason games had plenty of positives to take away. I think the Eagles had a better tackling effort from the defense tonight. They still need to improve in coverage, but they were getting pressure and the ILBs and safeties were doing a much better job of helping out in the run game.

effzee

Yes. Vick is going to be the starter, but Chip Kelly still won't choose one. I think he chooses one this week, but that's my guess.

Vick looked great. He was almost perfect. I believe he 9 for 10 with 104 yards passing. If it wasn't for that Hail Mary call at the end he would have been perfect. Vick was moving them down the field until Polk fumbled the ball at Carolina's 20. Shady took over on the other drive.

Foles was almost as good, but he wasted a timeout, he kept fumbling perfect snaps from the shotgun, and he threw an interception in the redzone on his first drive. Some positives you can take from his performance is that he didn't lose any fumbles. He also showed that he could run the ball in this offense. He rushed for a TD for his only TD.

Foles also ran some slick laterals and swing passes.

I think Vick looked sharper. You could just tell he was more comfortable in his decisions and in the pocket.

The only negatives about the offense tonight were turnovers.

The offensive line was outstanding tonight for both QBs. I think their only mistakes were Hereman's hold on a long Polk run and Lane Johnson getting beaten badly on one instance of Vick getting hurried.

Another thing to look at if you are going to watch the game for the first time is how Kelly used his tight ends tonight. There was one short yardage situation that he lined up 4 tight ends at the numbers and off the line.

I was also impressed by the way the wide receivers and tight ends blocked. Kelly is an awesome playcaller and this is only the preseason.

Some standouts from the defense are Bennie Logan, Vinny Curry, Mychal Kendricks, Chung, and Demeco Ryans who played a pretty good game.

I wonder if Earl Wolff will get a chance to move up the depth chart for Game 3. I'm pretty excited. Both preseason games had plenty of positives to take away. I think the Eagles had a better tackling effort from the defense tonight. They still need to improve in coverage, but they were getting pressure and the ILBs and safeties were doing a much better job of helping out in the run game.

Damn awesome write up thanks! Have the game set to record for when NFLN airs it tomorrow. Can't wait to watch.

effzee

Lurie just took a huge shot at Reid/Banner on 94.1, he said this time they are going to build the team right and not sign free agents that are on the decline.

Meh. I hate on Reid and that rat Banner as much as anyone, but for years all they did was internally promote guys who didn't deserve playing time, refused to splurge in FA except that one time in 2004, and if anything relied too heavily on drafts. And when those drafts became super busts Reid had no choice but to replenish talent through FA. Its not like he could rebuild a third time.

If Lurie is taking a shot at them for the FA pickups in 2011, it should also include Roseman and be more about the guys they picked up and not that they finally used FA. It wasn't the norm under Reid. If anything Reid did go about it the right way from 99-04.

squicken

Ravens had like 46 plays compared to ATL's 82. Ravens offense is going to be really week to week. Some weeks they will keep that defense on the field a lot b/c they don't have the personnel to sustain drives

My god, the injury list for the Browns game is sickening.

Dion Lewis breaks his leg. Jason Pinkston probably has a high ankle sprain. Barkevious Mingo (our 1st round pick) has a bruised lung, and overnight stay in the hospital (x-rays negative) and our number 2 TE gets carted off the field.

Fantomex

My god, the injury list for the Browns game is sickening.

Dion Lewis breaks his leg. Jason Pinkston probably has a high ankle sprain. Barkevious Mingo (our 1st round pick) has a bruised lung, and overnight stay in the hospital (x-rays negative) and our number 2 TE gets carted off the field.

My condolences.

Top Bottom