• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

squicken

http://nesn.com/2013/08/report-c-j-...ert-allen-jr-kills-two-self-in-mass-shooting/

A Gainesville, Fla., mass shooting left three dead and two injured Saturday morning. Union County Sheriff Jerry Whitehead told WCJB-TV in Gainesville that Hubert Allen Jr., Buffalo Bills running back C.J. Spiller‘s step-grandfather, shot David Griffis at Pritchett Trucking, Allen’s former place of work. Griffis is in critical condition, according to the TV station’s website. Allen then went to company owner Marvin Pritchett‘s farm and shot and killed Pritchett and farmhand Rolando Gonzalez. Allen also shot Lewis Mabrey, Jr., who is in critical condition. Allen then went to his house, where he shot and killed himself.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/08/report-c-j-...ert-allen-jr-kills-two-self-in-mass-shooting/

Money-GAF:

How much % do you put away a month?

Help me be less poor.

5% into my 401k (my company matches 3). My wife does the same and a few hundred a month goes into savings between the two if us. I like to have between 2-3k saved at any given time in case of stuff happening (recent car accident is a good example).

Also put about 75 per check into my HSA. Working to get it to 3k to cover the deductible.

jakncoke

Banned
I currently put 3%(not worrying about what the companies policy is because im gone in 2-3 years for greener pastures aka out of ohio). I pretty much dont spend money on commercial things aside from booze and energy drinks so my savings balloons at a rate depending on how much OT im willing to take.

bionic77

Money-GAF:

How much % do you put away a month?

Help me be less poor.
I don't want to answer this question other than to say I always try to max out my 401k.

Changing gears anyone here have any experience with a Nesspresso? My sister got one as a gift and doesn't want it so I took it and got some milk frother. Any advice, tips and reviews on the device? I think ours is called a Pixie.

i put 6% in 401k and my company matches 6%. other than that i don't really have a savings plan or anything. i put about $1000 a month in savings or whatever i have left over but it depends on if i purchased any big ticket items that month. i dont ever pay interest on my credit cards so i make sure that is paid off first every month.

always baffles me when i see people talking about how they're putting money into their savings but then they have a moderate or large credit card balance. do you understand that the rates you are being charged by your CC company are astronomically higher than any interest rate you are getting from your bank? the best savings rate you can get right now is just below 1% so it just makes no sense but whatever

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If you are wanting to watch the game live, and you do not live in the local television viewing market, you can do so by purchasing the NFL Preseason Live package. Normally, it will cost you $14.99, but by using the promo code “directv” at checkout, you will only pay $11.24. The subscription will also allow you to watch the preseason finale next week against the Carolina Panthers.

Greg, can I borrow $11? I've got the 24 cents.

guys where can i get a good fantasy draft pdf or packet to use on my phone/computer? i have an in-person draft tonight and forgot to print the stuff out at work yesterday :(

Godslay

Banned
I don't want to answer this question other than to say I always try to max out my 401k.

Changing gears anyone here have any experience with a Nesspresso? My sister got one as a gift and doesn't want it so I took it and got some milk frother. Any advice, tips and reviews on the device? I think ours is called a Pixie.

This is the right way to do it. Contribute as much as you can, the max for a 401k is $17,500/year in 2013. FMT is right as well. If you have anything that generates an interest payment, pay the highest interest payment off first. Then the next highest, so on and so forth. It's Dave Ramsay's snowball method, but it's pretty sound advice.

Greg

guys where can i get a good fantasy draft pdf or packet to use on my phone/computer? i have an in-person draft tonight and forgot to print the stuff out at work yesterday :(
this link is formatted to show their top 200 on one page, but if you go back you can sort by position:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2013/overall.cfm?print=true&page=1

Toolbox won the 2012 Most Accurate Fantasy Football Rankings Contest awarded by Fantasy Pros. Over 100 sites participated.
I don't know if you buy into that, but Google led me there and it's about as bare as I could find a list.

Cloudy

Banned
I picked Morris over Forte in fantasy. Did I make a huge mistake? Looking at the stats from this game, I guess I need Helu as a handcuff? :p

LJ11

Same fucking losers, same loser attitude. Pushed around, no discipline, shit talent, on and on.

No clue why I made time to watch this shit.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to review what was posted, and continue to learn more on the subject.

Very much appreciated.

I'm not sure how much you make, but if you can spare 3-5 hundred per pay check and set it up with your bank so they move it from your checking to your savings every two weeks or whatever specific days you get paid, you'll be amazed how quickly it stacks up without you ever having to think about it. If you have a 401K, you want to at least put in what your company will match, usually 5 or 6%. I used to pour money from my standard savings into a CD but the interest has been so poor that I finally closed the CD and just use the savings. Once you have enough in the savings account, the account should get upgraded and you'll earn a higher interest rate for that account. Actually, you generally only have to have x amount total between all your accounts with that bank to be eligible for this.

MechDX

Don't forget brother we made Dale! what it is.

Brady_Dale.gif

Top Bottom