• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

PANTHERS WIN!!! GO FORTH THOSE IN NC AND SC!

670px-krispy-kreme-10.jpg

Damn I almost forgot. Free donuts courtesy of Josh Norman!

Hunter S.

Is there a TebowGAF? If not there should be. Seriously, Tim was entertaining.

PETA does not approve of Tebow's QB play.
Tebow deserves to start at some point this season due to fervor of his fanbase. We (everyone that picked the opposing team's defense) are celebrating the second he throws a pass in a regular season game. This is a serious concern because Ryan has a head injury.

Most of them are Broncos-GAF. But yes, the people that watched him play every game in Denver are usually quite fond of him. Other pseudo-good-guys ike bionic know what is up.
I was watching the Texans cuz the Pats suck

MechDX

20130809_TexansVikings_BTC_171-306x368.jpg

NUK!!!!!!!!

Oh and I like the Vikings new uni's except for the yellow stripe on the pants. Even with it though it is better than the Dolphins Oiler Blue.

I am quite happy with today's pre-season game. Palmer looked decent which is a change from the crap that was dished up last year. A pick from Peterson and a sack for the Honey Badger was icing on the cake.

cajunator

Banned
Saints looked really shaky with the starters but some solid backup players on the team.
Sean Payton reaching early into his bag of tricks. You can tell the team has a bit of a different feel already. they look a bit more prepared and less shellshocked. Should at least be a more fun season to watch. I dont know how Saints fans didnt drink themselves to death last year. Maybe some of them did.

MechDX

Saints looked really shaky with the starters but some solid backup players on the team.
Sean Payton reaching early into his bag of tricks. You can tell the team has a bit of a different feel already. they look a bit more prepared and less shellshocked. Should at least be a more fun season to watch. I dont know how Saints fans didnt drink themselves to death last year. Maybe some of them did.

Hey I got tickets to the Texans/Saints pre season game. Want me to throw something at Brees?

squicken

I am quite happy with today's pre-season game. Palmer looked decent which is a change from the crap that was dished up last year. A pick from Peterson and a sack for the Honey Badger was icing on the cake.

I was impressed with the D. Just one game but I thought losing Horton would really hurt. They looked just as good as last year

squicken

@kentbabb: In the Pats locker room, camera guy has mishap, yells, "Jesus Christ!" Tebow looks at the guy & says: "He loves you."

So awesome

edit:

Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong
Story I got: Blackmon & Carroll jawing. Babin tells Blackmon to pipe down since he's suspended 4 games. Blackmon turns on Babin. #Jaguars

hmm sounds like typical Babin douchery but Blackmon should shut up given his circumstance

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just another VY situation and I don't think he is that good

lol Mech it's nothing like the VY situation... not even close.

He's also better than Yates future imo. Smarter QB and far more accurate arm playing with even crappier players around him. You better hope Schooby brings his A game this season cause Yates has sucked ever since his fluke rookie playoff run and I was not impressed with him at all again tonight. That was all Hopkins that made it even look like Yates had a decent game.

MechDX

Console wars are for school kids and people with no lives.
I'm neither.

tumblr_m09plvItq51rqfhi2o1_400.gif

lol Mech it's nothing like the VY situation... not even close.

He's also better than Yates future imo. Smarter QB and far more accurate arm playing with even crappier players around him. You better hope Schooby brings his A game this season cause Yates has sucked ever since his fluke rookie playoff run and I was not impressed with him at all again tonight. That was all Hopkins that made it even look like Yates had a decent game.

Nuk validated my theory tonight. Schaub going to go all Flacco on the league this year... "Fuck it and chuck it!" 5 yard fade routes for everyone!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Anyone know if Conner Vernon is playing for the Raiders tonight? I heard he had a minor injury a week ago so I'm guessing not.

So the only fucks to give in pre-season are the performance of your rookies and sophomores. Oh, and new acquisitions, too. With that said, I was very pleased with Cooper's performance, he looks ready to start right away and he will. Honey Badger continued to impress with some nice hits, deflections, a sack, and a nice punt return. The guy is a play maker, pure and simple and I can't wait to see more of him. Hopefully he becomes a starter by the time the season rolls around. A shame Ellington wasn't ready to go as I've heard good things about his performance in camp. Mendy was supposed to play but it seems they felt they should let him heal a little more which is a good move. Abraham still has an explosive first step which is great to see. I really think he'll make a great addition to the roster and provide that pass rush we lacked from the outside as I said in my 'what to look for' on the Cardinals. Palmer was efficient with only one semi poor throw, the one Roberts dropped. That connection to Floyd to start the game was nice and something I expect to see a lot of all season long. A shame our RB's are banged up because everything else is looking nice. Our pass protection was great, my buddy who's a Packer fan couldn't believe Mathews didn't rip through them like tissue paper. Need to do a better job at punching holes for the running game but that was the bottom of the depth playing today (for RB). Our D played pretty well over all though we still need to work on the run defense. Dansby sat out this game so it will be interesting to see him in this system down the road. Most importantly, it looks like my optimism proved true with how Bowles is running things, he didn't tear down our system and is letting the guys do their thing. We have so much freaking talent on D that it'd be a travesty to fuck it up, he's no dummy...I hope.

Oh yeah, Pre-season hyperbole, ahem: YAEAH We Wonz the Super Bowlz! Palmer out played Rodgerz! etc. etc.

ST2K

I agree. I was also kinda impressed by the first O-Line, because I was expecting them to suck a lot more this early.

KaYotiX

Banned
Didn't get a chance to see the Packers game. I saw the score but how many snaps did the 1st team play?

And how bad did the defense look?

I agree. I was also kinda impressed by the first O-Line, because I was expecting them to suck a lot more this early.
Reading reports from camp that Arians wasn't happy with the O-Line yet I was worried as well but it definitely was a pleasant surprise.
Forgot about Abrahams strip-sack as well, he will give us a very good pass rusher from the outside which we havnt had for a while.

JABEE

I liked the Eagles offense tonight. The defense tackled atrociously and for the most part were bad. Special teams played pretty good. Donnie Jones was able to set up a downed ball at the 1 yard line. These are new and exciting times.

Top Bottom