• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

Godslay

Banned
Good morning fellow NFL friends.

Take a test to wake up. I hope that you are all at least as smart as Morris Claiborne.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/2011/0104/Are-you-smarter-than-an-NFL-quarterback-Take-the-quiz/Train-travel

I aced it, but then again I took 5th grade math. I have a Wonderlic of 50!

iD86fKfdjSJWb.png

Here's some players to compare yourself to:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1103/nfl-memorable-wonderlic-scores/content.1.html

Steelers/G-men tonight. I might watch for a few minutes but will probably pop in End of Watch instead.

My team hasn't even played yet and I'm already tired of pre-season football.

Take a test to wake up. I hope that you are all at least as smart as Morris Claiborne.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/2011/0104/Are-you-smarter-than-an-NFL-quarterback-Take-the-quiz/Train-travel

iD86fKfdjSJWb.png

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1103/nfl-memorable-wonderlic-scores/content.1.html

Inches and feet? Yo America, get with the metric system already.

I took like 4 questions then realized that there was no way I would miss any of them

I guess I've got the mind to be an NFL quarterback!

jakncoke

Banned
Steelers/G-men tonight. I might watch for a few minutes but will probably pop in End of Watch instead.

My team hasn't even played yet and I'm already tired of pre-season football.

Lmao same here! I'll watch a lill and probably start paying attention more to the Pirates/Rockies game when it starts

Godslay

Banned
Inches and feet? Yo America, get with the metric system already.

They pretty much teach both. If you do anything science related you learn it. When I worked in a lab, all the techs used metric measurements.

I took like 4 questions then realized that there was no way I would miss any of them

I guess I've got the mind to be an NFL quarterback!

Yeah, the profit question is about as hard as it gets.

effzee

i was baffled when soap and RJF got decent contracts in FA. yeah, they looked good in SF.... what a fucking surprise when you are playing with pwill, bowman, justin and all the others cleaning up any potential messes. our last NT before soap was abroyou franklin. he was a "pro bowler" with us and we tried to sign him long term but it wasn't enough money for him. so what happened? we tagged him, let him play out one more year and then parted ways. not even sure if he is in the league anymore. i know he went to new orleans in FA and sucked balls.

i don't think RJF or soap are bad players but i also think they were overpaid all things considered.

For a switch to 3-4 we needed a NT. And with Tom Gamble as our new GM I knew we would get or attempt to get some Niners players. Plus we signed him pretty cheap so it doesn't really hurt us. Eventually with 2-3 drafts under the new regime's belt we will look like a real 3-4.

Thoughts on last nights game:

Vick looked great. Best part? No DE in his face 2 seconds into the play! And that was with Peters sitting out the game. I know he has to make quick decisions but if you give him some time he can be very effective.

Foles also looked good. He had command, got the team into a super fast tempo, drove down the field and the team scored. But his limitations were also on display. Deep ball isn't there. But he knew where to go right away and that is his advantage over Vick.

Impressed by Barkley too. Some growing pains but it was good to see him play. He under threw WR Shepard on a deep ball that would have been a TD.

Defense on the other hand was horrid. We couldn't even bring Tebow down. Hoping they improve here . Can't take another season of terrible D with no one able to tackle.

Godslay

Banned
It's one of those tests where you wonder if you're missing something because it's too easy :lol

Got 50.

Welcome to the Wonderlic 50 club!

On another note, I was browsing some Bronco related stuff, and noticed someone mentioned that Elway and Marino are now audible calls. Went back and sure enough Elway is yelled out in the same manner hurry hurry is.

harSon

Banned
Lmao same here! I'll watch a lill and probably start paying attention more to the Pirates/Rockies game when it starts

Liriano got destroyed yesterday x_x

Can't wait to see some of our young talent tonight. Our season depends on them stepping up.... as well as our offensive line staying healthy lol

jakncoke

Banned
Liriano got destroyed yesterday x_x

Can't wait to see some of our young talent tonight. Our season depends on them stepping up.... as well as our offensive line staying healthy lol

Thankfully i was so tired from working 245 am to 315 pm that i fell asleep at 1-0 lol

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

iD86fKfdjSJWb.png

This cannot be the actual test... how does anybody fail this thing?

This cannot be the actual test... how does anybody fail this thing?

i took it on my cell without a pen/pencil so some of the math questions were a little tricky to do in a quick manner in your head. but yeah when you take the actual test i don't see how you could miss any of them unless you didn't actually read the question

anyone know of a good Fantasy Football iOS app I can use during my draft? I just want something that lists all of the top players by position and then maybe lets me swipe them off as they get drafted or added to my team. Something to track rosters.

jakncoke

Banned
Do unanswered questions count as misses on the wonderlic? Isnt it 50 questions in 12 minutes. If unanswered counts against you, I could see how some might get a lower score.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah, it's timed. The smart test taker would look at that percentage of the profits question and just take a quick guess and move on.

squicken

1. Brady thing is awesome. She probably saw that and is on cloud 9. Tebow does his charity, Tom does his

2. I think the Wonderlic starts with easy questions and gets harder. Surely those sample questions are just the easy ones to start with

3. Re-watched starters in Rams game. Bark Mingo jumps off the screen. Dude is fast and explosive. Doesn't really have pass rushing moves yet but is disruptive anyway. Think that pick is going to be good

Pimpwerx

iD86fKfdjSJWb.png

Do they get calculators? Without calculators, I'm pretty certain most of them will miss the problems about averages and proportions. If they have pencil and paper, most people should score a 35+. A 50 is easy for most A students. I can't blame most people for missing stuff on averages and proportions, though. In my years of teaching and tutoring, most kids are confused when asked to find a missing number. PEACE.

Top Bottom