• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't get a chance to see the Packers game. I saw the score but how many snaps did the 1st team play?

And how bad did the defense look?

The d-lineman did fine, looked good in fact. Everyone else was shit. The secondary was beyond embarrassing. House got burned twice for two deep balls and receivers were running wide open all over the place. It was pretty dreadful but, hey, first game of preseason.... right?

I wonder what the highest pick is for a rookie who got cut before the season even starts. Seriously doesn't look like Wilson makes the team unless McKenzie ships Pryor out of town.

Not sure, but I know 2007 Raider 3rd round pick Quentin Moses (65th pick) was cut before his first season

Vyroxis

Banned
Initial impressions:

Our special teams nailed it. Our kickers nailed it, amd when punting we stopped them dead.

Our defense made blew it a few times which cost us the game, bit they also made solid stops and looked prime for a fight with some polish.

Our offense is liking good. Patterson is a beast, no doubt. Ponder played one series, hard to judge so far. Cassel looked like cassel, a servicable QB. Our third string QB needs some accuracy, but man does he have an arm. The Oline held up well enough, giving time for plays.

Overall, we have some issues but if everything works out its gonna be a real fun season.

Now back to drinking!

It hurts to see Phil Dawson kick for another team. At least they're also stuck with Colt McCoy.

if it makes you feel better he aker'd a FG last night :(

in other news, a skynet type computer predicts great things for this upcoming season!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...joice-computer-simulation-team-211612027.html

AFC
Wild Card Round
No. 6 Pittsburgh 20 at No. 3 Houston 23
No. 5 Baltimore 23 at No. 4 Cincinnati 24
Divisional Round
No. 3 Houston 27 at No. 2 New England 31
No. 4 Cincinnati 21 at No. 1 Denver 26
AFC Championship
No. 2 New England 28 at No. 1 Denver 30
NFC
Wild Card Round
No. 6 St. Louis 21 at No. 3 New York Giants 23
No. 5 Seattle 27 at No. 4 Atlanta 26
Divisional Round
No. 5 Seattle 23 at No. 1 San Francisco 28
No. 3 New York Giants 24 at No. 2 Green Bay 31
NFC Championship
No. 2 Green Bay 27 at No. 1 San Francisco 32
Super Bowl
San Francisco 31, Denver 27

suck it down you fucking losers! niners-age gonna rule this thread come feb

Vick looked really good tonight. He really showed off the things that he can do that Foles cant, like complete passes down the field. I think there is no doubt at all that he will be the starter now. Brown looked amazing, I see him taking a lot of carries from Shady this year. My god the secondary looks terrible, cant cover, cant tackle, not a good combo. The DL got a ton of penetration but they cant tackle RBs at all. It looked a lot like the wide 9 defense from the last 2 years. Hopefully they can get some of that shit figured out by the time the season starts. I think the offense could actually be better then I thought it would be this year. Eagles are going to need to score a ton to win any games.

Didn't get a chance to see the Packers game. I saw the score but how many snaps did the 1st team play?

And how bad did the defense look?
Rodgers was in for just one series, which went 80+ yards until Starks got stopped on a 4th and goal at the one inch line. For that one series they looked like the Packer offense, even without Cobb or Jordy. There was a lot more running and futility once Harrell came in. Handoff practice! VY was the 3rd QB in, finally got on the field at the very end of the 3rd quarter. BJ Coleman am cry.

Defense looked pretty bad, but they were also vanilla and lacking Hayward and Tramon. Datone Jones sprained his ankle early on. Davon House put in a strong performance for the 4th CB job by getting burned repeatedly by non-Fitz receivers. In general we played a lot of man for (presumably) evaluation purposes. Safeties were late, front 7/6 was not particularly relevant, hard to decide if it matters not at all or slightly more than not at all. The test will be week 1, preseason is just rehearsal.

MechDX

hopkins_medium.gif

Need leaping ability like that to catch Schaubs passes

ChanHuk

Banned
I know its preseason and all, but the Raiders look like they have a "In Gruden's voice" football players. They all can play, they're not the most athletic, but they can play. Different from the Al Davis days.

EDIT: oh and MechDunce, that was an illegal push off, thanks.

JABEE

Vick looked really good tonight. He really showed off the things that he can do that Foles cant, like complete passes down the field. I think there is no doubt at all that he will be the starter now. Brown looked amazing, I see him taking a lot of carries from Shady this year. My god the secondary looks terrible, cant cover, cant tackle, not a good combo. The DL got a ton of penetration but they cant tackle RBs at all. It looked a lot like the wide 9 defense from the last 2 years. Hopefully they can get some of that shit figured out by the time the season starts. I think the offense could actually be better then I thought it would be this year. Eagles are going to need to score a ton to win any games.

Sopoaga needs to step his game up. If he's going to be the starting nose tackle and play like he did today, we have no hope on defense. There was a lot of shitty tackling in the second and third level of the defense. I hope things improve in Game 2 against the Panthers.

Sopoaga needs to step his game up. If he's going to be the starting nose tackle and play like he did today, we have no hope on defense. There was a lot of shitty tackling in the second and third level of the defense. I hope things improve in Game 2 against the Panthers.

i was baffled when soap and RJF got decent contracts in FA. yeah, they looked good in SF.... what a fucking surprise when you are playing with pwill, bowman, justin and all the others cleaning up any potential messes. our last NT before soap was abroyou franklin. he was a "pro bowler" with us and we tried to sign him long term but it wasn't enough money for him. so what happened? we tagged him, let him play out one more year and then parted ways. not even sure if he is in the league anymore. i know he went to new orleans in FA and sucked balls.

i don't think RJF or soap are bad players but i also think they were overpaid all things considered.

squicken

I think Robert Quinn is approaching the Mario Williams zone for me. He's got way too much talent to be blocked so easy. I thought he just let Joe Thomas block him. Like that's what he wanted so he wouldn't have to run around. Let Thomas shut him down for a series and then rest with the other starters.

Mario used to do that. Just try a half assed bull rush and then hold his ground. As someone who watched Freeney and Mathis for years, I know what a 4-3 end putting out effort looks like

edit:

Vikings had 52 offensive snaps tonight…Eagles had 86 offensive snaps.

LeGarrette Blount might have sewn up a roster spot with 101 yards and two scores, including a wild 51-yard scamper that looked like Marcus Allen's Super Bowl play on sizzurp. The Patriots may wind up keeping five running backs.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I know its preseason and all, but the Raiders look like they have a "In Gruden's voice" football players. They all can play, they're not the most athletic, but they can play. Different from the Al Davis days.

EDIT: oh and MechDunce, that was an illegal push off, thanks.

hey didnt push off, his arm was never fully extended against the defender.

So I know it's the Jags and everything but Martin played a fantastic game last night. He was in complete control at LT. Josh Samuda at RG is the bigger concern for me right now but John Jerry should be healthy before the season starts. The line might be okay after all.

i was baffled when soap and RJF got decent contracts in FA. yeah, they looked good in SF.... what a fucking surprise when you are playing with pwill, bowman, justin and all the others cleaning up any potential messes. our last NT before soap was abroyou franklin. he was a "pro bowler" with us and we tried to sign him long term but it wasn't enough money for him. so what happened? we tagged him, let him play out one more year and then parted ways. not even sure if he is in the league anymore. i know he went to new orleans in FA and sucked balls.

i don't think RJF or soap are bad players but i also think they were overpaid all things considered.

I think the Soap signing was more desperation then anything. They wanted to switch to a 3-4 and they had no NT on the team and he was pretty much it in FA.

WedgeX

Banned
Thoughts from the first pre-season game!
Free Agent Rookie

QB: Stafford
WR: Megatron, Burleson, Broyles, Young Sr., Edwards, Schilens, Willis
RB: Bush, Leshoure, Bell
TE: Pettigrew, Scheffler
RT: Cherilus, Hilliard, Fox
RG: Peterman, Warford, Gandy
C: Raola
LG: Sims
LT: Backus, Reiff

The offensive line looked just fine! Ironically, the Jets now have Peterman and he was terrible and got called on at least one penalty. Noticed the Jets focused less on Megatron, perhaps having to actually cover Bush as well. Willis made some noise late in the second half, while Edwards was unable to catch a few and drew a special teams penalty. Burleson and Broyles sat out. The Lions two quarterbacks vying for the number 3 spot did little with their time.

DE: Avril, vandenBosch, Young, Jones, Ansah, Idonije, Lewis
DT: Suh, Fairley,
MLB: Tulloch, Lewis
OLB: Levy, Palmer, Whitehead
CB: Houston, Slay, Bentley, Bartell, Green, Greenwood
FS: Delmas, Hope
SS: Quin, Spievey

The defensive line was dominant. Even without Idonije. Neither Palmer, Lewis, nor Whitehead really made an impression. The secondary had some moments of good coverage, but looked like the classic Detroit secondary for most of the game. The secondary was minus Delmas, Bartell, Green and Greenwood. Bentley in particular got picked on and did not step up. Surprising given his good camp and progress during last season prior to injury.

K: Hanson, Kickalicious, Akers
P: Harris, Clingan, Martin
LS: Muhlbach
KR/PR: Logan, Thomas, Spurlock, Edwards, Riddick

I did not really see Thomas, and assume he's going to be cut. Both kickers did well. Have my hopes that the Lions invest in the future and keep Kicklicious who has been great despite never playing football before. Martin is looking like the punter to keep.

Top Bottom