• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great performance by the Lions d line. Amazing performance by Bush (and Bell), and the offense managed to get the job done without a big Megatron game.

Still...a better team could have really put us in a hole early. The Vikings had the opportunity to win today and just whiffed it.

Sanjuro

The Jets may be the best team in the league

dmyP8qC.gif

I won't dispute what you are saying but it rarely happens that what is true in the first week of the season still holds true at the end.

I predicted 7-9 division champs lucking their way to the SB and I am sticking to it! We used up all out bad luck (along with pro bowl centers and running backs) so it should be smooth sailing the rest of the way!

You don't look like a 7-9 team.

knicks

Serious question, who looks good in the AFC besides the Broncos?

Bengals could be alright maybe. Perhaps the Chiefs could surprise. But anywhere near the level of your average NFC team?

Not even close. You act like this is a surprise. It has been known that the AFC has been going down hill in the years. And it is okay because the AFC were the more dominant conference from nearly all of 2000-2010. Tide has totally turned though. NFC is much better. Not even close.

Colasante

I think this is definitely something to keep an eye on in the future. Wasn't this the Pats biggest problem with Lloyd? Or am I remembering it wrong.

It was. I think Thompkins will be fine, he just made a lot of rookie mistakes and they were accentuated by how often Brady targeted him. Hopefully it was just the first game jitters.

Serious question, who looks good in the AFC besides the Broncos?

Bengals could be alright maybe. Perhaps the Chiefs could surprise. But anywhere near the level of your average NFC team?

Just the Broncos, that's it, that's the list. If Manning chokes in the playoffs yet again, put your house down on the NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom