• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

I can't believe they didn't call a hold on KC on the second to last play. I mean they are calling every defensive hold but nothing on either offensive line.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Down seven at half to that offense.....?

I will take it. I'm liking what I see so far. Just a little more offense and fewer defensive holding calls and I will be happy

Godslay

Banned
On the half? Sure, but who cares. Get all the points you can.

The assumption was conversion, first down, then TD. That would have put the game out of reach imo. Prater's weakest zone is 40-49, so I think it makes sense to try for the conversion. I understand points are points, but you burn time off the clock, and potentially convert, which then gives you control for the half.

That was my reasoning anyways.

Trey

The assumption was conversion, first down, then TD. That would have put the game out of reach imo. Prater's weakest zone is 40-49, so I think it makes sense to try for the conversion. I understand points are points, but you burn time off the clock, and potentially convert, which then gives you control for the half.

That was my reasoning anyways.

A TD isn't functionally any different from a FG at this point in the game, and do you really want to give this horseshoe Chiefs defense more chances for entropy to shit gold their way?

Your reasoning isn't bad, but I think a FG was the right call at that point. Hindsight excepted, of course.

MechDX

I was so wrong in the past!

tom-brady-240x320.jpg

This man is the sexiest MF in the league!

Patriots should handle the Panthers with ease, don't you think?

Tom Terrific will make Cam his biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Godslay

Banned
A TD isn't functionally any different from a FG at this point in the game, and do you really want to give this horseshoe Chiefs defense more chances for entropy to shit gold their way?

Your reasoning isn't bad, but I think a FG was the right call at that point. Hindsight excepted, of course.

I trust Peyton's arm more than Prater's leg. I understand both put it at two possession game for the lead/tie, but two TDs gives your defense more breathing room than a TD and a FG. FG was not a bad call, but I would have went for the gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom