• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
1972dolphins-perfect.jpg

IMMORTALITY LIVES ON

Derrick01

Banned
Great win that the Broncos desperately needed.

As for the Chiefs...yeah beating an actual good team is a lot harder than one who's going to draft in the top 10 and is playing a backup QB.

jman2050

Not really. They had multiple opportunities to get points that were killed by big drops, penalties, and not capitalizing on that turnover.

How is any of this in favor of the Chiefs? What you're basically telling me is that the Chiefs offense is not very good and their defense, while stout, still can't stop Denver from dropping 27 points.

Well I can't imagine the KC offensive line getting away with holding more than they did tonight.

We got called for a million holds. Tamba Hali was clotheslined WWE style and nothing happened.

My wife, who is not an NFL referee said, "How can the Chiefs pressure Peyton when they're having their jerseys grabbed the whole game?"

Good question, babe.

Narag

Chiefs apparent lack of pass rush seems like it should be a concern. They should have scored 7 on that goal line play instead of Charles getting blown up too.

devilhawk

We got called for a million holds. Tamba Hali was clotheslined WWE style and nothing happened.

My wife, who is not an NFL referee said, "How can the Chiefs pressure Peyton when they're having their jerseys grabbed the whole game?"

Good question, babe.
The refs holding calls were sporadic as hell tonight. Not seeing where the Chiefs were the beneficiaries of it either.

Godslay

Banned
GG Chiefs.

The only guy I am going to call out is this guy, from last week...

If you look at the strip sack as essentially a taint, then the Chargers only scored 13. Not too shabby to hold a team to that when they average 24 ppg. Especially when Rivers was able to control possession, and pass with the accuracy he has. Even with that fumble, 20 is still less than the average, and the defense essentially did their job. If Denver scores 17 or more points next week the game is over imo.

Today was Bowlen's 300th victory today as an owner. Congrats, you old drunk.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89339266&postcount=6505

As a Chiefs fan I certainly don't want to see a high scoring game, but I think KC has a good chance of scoring more than 17 against you. They've averaged a shade under 24 points a game and many of the defenses they've played have been a lot better than Denver's. It'll be interesting, and with Denver at 8-1 and KC at 9-0 it'll be the game of the season so far.

Honestly it's hard to find a real "class of the NFL" team this year. KC has won too close. Denver lost to Indy, Indy has lost to some bad teams, Seattle, SF both look mortal. The Patriots have had a ton of problems, yet still beat the Saints.

You're moving the goalposts.
You wrote "If Denver scores 17 or more points next week the game is over imo."
If we score on D or special teams it still counts, so the fixation on offense vs. defensive scoring seems strange.
To be honest I don't love the Chiefs chances in Denver, but I think it will be interesting to see both games.

That's why I said, your offense and defense combined might score 17, but I doubt it. So logic states that if Denver scores 17 and your offense and defense combined don't. The Chiefs lose.

Your offense doesn't average 24 ppg. Something like ~40% (iirc) of your scoring comes from the defense. So lop that off of the top, and your offense averages 14 ppg. If Denver doesn't give the defense those points, by way of turnovers, then they can still score those 14 ppg and still lose with Denver scoring 17.

For the record, it's 39%.

Surprised that Chiefs aren't confident in their perfect team.

How is any of this in favor of the Chiefs? What you're basically telling me is that the Chiefs offense is not very good and their defense, while stout, still can't stop Denver from dropping 27 points.

You're taking about a Denver team that is averaging 42 points a game. Our D did its job. The two areas we need to do better on that end is forcing turnovers and putting pressure on the QB.

You have to remember who we were playing. Alex Smith threw for more TDs tonight than Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom