• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned

I try be level in victory and defeat, but that guy was wrong.

You're taking about a Denver team that is averaging 42 points a game. Our D did its job. The two areas we need to do better on that end is forcing turnovers and putting pressure on the QB.

You have to remember who we were playing. Alex Smith threw for more TDs tonight than Peyton.

46% completion percentage. Not encouraging.

Plus those TDs were basically handed to the RBs on a silver platter, could have easily thrown them. Hardly a measure for performance in this game.

Velcro Fly

I don't know what KC can take away from this game other than knowing they can probably run it a little if they need to against Denver. They didn't get much pass rush and it wasn't because of holding. They didn't really need to. They got dominated until the garbage time TD down 27-10.

MechDX

GG Chiefs.

The only guy I am going to call out is this guy, from last week...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89339266&postcount=6505

5mPQjR9.gif

Hunter S.

Patriots are super lucky they get two games at home versus the Broncos in two years. It is pure bullshit I tell yah. Carolina wooooo!!!!

I don't know what KC can take away from this game other than knowing they can probably run it a little if they need to against Denver. They didn't get much pass rush and it wasn't because of holding. They didn't really need to. They got dominated until the garbage time TD down 27-10.

We entered the half down a touchdown. We held the #1 offense in the league to just over half its scoring average. We had little trouble running (with one notable exception). Three of our second half drives were stalled by penalties, not the Broncos. We didn't put any pressure on Peyton, but statistically this was his worst game of the season. We took several deep shots down the field, something I hadn't seen before tonight.

We lost by 10 in Denver. We weren't the better team, but the "garbage" TD dismissal is laughable. It was one of two legitimate passing scores we put on the board. It's absurd to say we can't take away a lot from this game.

Godslay

Banned
We entered the half down a touchdown. We held the #1 offense in the league to just over half its scoring average. We had little trouble running (with one notable exception). Three of our second half drives were stalled by penalties, not the Broncos. We didn't put any pressure on Peyton, but statistically this was his worst game of the season. We took several deep shots down the field, something I hadn't seen before tonight.

We lost by 10 in Denver. We weren't the better team, but the "garbage" TD dismissal is laughable. It was one of two legitimate passing scores we put on the board. It's absurd to say we can't take away a lot from this game.

That bullshit doesn't matter cause we got the W. Funny when the shoe is on the other foot.

Thought they explicitly said it was a hit to the neck. Still don't see that, just a shot to his chest and the head snapping forward.

they did that is why it's such bullshit. i'm not too mad because we would have for sure found a way to lose that game anyways. as the old saying goes, losers lose! and this year unfortunately we are losers :(

That bullshit doesn't matter cause we got the W. Funny when the shoe is on the other foot.

I said twice already you were the better team. Congrats for the third time.

He said we couldn't take anything away from the game, which is obviously untrue.

Learn to read?

Trey

That cognitive dissonance.

Tabris

Next week is going to be legendary. Be prepared for a lot of trash talk Pats fans. And don't try to flip it around cause your team is losing (waahhh bruins beat canucks) or excuse out (waahhh no receivers). It's only about Peyton vs Tammy. May the best man / girl win!

Narag

Next week is going to be legendary. Be prepared for a lot of trash talk Pats fans. And don't try to flip it around cause your team is losing (waahhh bruins beat canucks) or excuse out (waahhh no receivers). It's only about Peyton vs Tammy. May the best man / girl win!

don't jinx this

Godslay

Banned
I said twice already you were the better team. Congrats for the third time.

He said we couldn't take anything away from the game, which is obviously untrue.

Learn to read?

Same thing the Bills guys tried to tell you but you flaunted out the 9-0 line. Just thought it was funny that you are reaching for some type of victory. When the Bill guys said they ran well, and dominated the LOS with the run, you decided to basically prattle off post after post mocking them that you got the W over them and it didn't matter how well they ran. Just thought it was funny comparison.

But thanks for the congrats, GG. My reading comprehension is just fine thank you, no need to worry about it.

TheFatOne

Pats just need to find a way to stay healthy if that is even possible. Haven't watched much of the Panthers this season so I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. Just hoping the Pats offense shows up since the defense won't.

Guys, I like Denver and all, but I'm not going to trash talk the Patriots. Brady is just the kind of QB to expose, once again, Denver's D. Any other time I wouldn't worry about Pey Pey in a shoot out, but he isn't healthy, and Welker and JT might be out. Patriots always seem to play hard against Manning, so I don't expect much different.

Same thing with KC when Denver goes into the Arrow.

I have a feeling that when it's all said and done, the tale of Matt Ryan and his cap crushing contract will be one that lives in infamy in the city of Atlanta.

edit: I suppose as is the case with every tale involving the Falcons.

I should squicken to some other team.

Narag

I think the Chargers can beat the Chiefs. The Chargers won both games last year pretty easily.

Wouldn't be surprised at a split, especially if they have no pressure from the pass rush.

I have a feeling that when it's all said and done, the tale of Matt Ryan and his cap crushing contract will be one that lives in infamy in the city of Atlanta.

edit: I suppose as is the case with every tale involving the Falcons.

I should squicken to some other team.

siamesedreamer is rolling over in his grave. gave up his account praising matt ryan and this is how he's repaid

Tabris

Guys, I like Denver and all, but I'm not going to trash talk the Patriots. Brady is just the kind of QB to expose, once again, Denver's D. Any other time I wouldn't worry about Pey Pey in a shoot out, but he isn't healthy, and Welker and JT might be out. Patriots always seem to play hard against Manning, so I don't expect much different.

Same thing with KC when Denver goes into the Arrow.

Always the cautious, you and Godslay. I will rain down the trash talk harder for the both of you!

That cognitive dissonance.

Was it tough failing Psych 101?

The better team won the game tonight. The Chiefs played their first tough opponent of the year and lost.

That doesn't mean we can't take away positives and negatives from the outcome. I've been predicting 13-3 since week six, and penned this in as a loss starting two weeks ago.

Hopefully, we bounce back against the Chargers.

East Lake

We got called for a million holds. Tamba Hali was clotheslined WWE style and nothing happened.

My wife, who is not an NFL referee said, "How can the Chiefs pressure Peyton when they're having their jerseys grabbed the whole game?"

Good question, babe.
That's probably why she works at Geico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom