• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always the cautious, you and Godslay. I will rain down the trash talk harder for the both of you!
Look, I did my trash talk for other games. Not this one. Respect the Pats history too much to go bragging about what Denver will do when the fact is that they're not 100% and the Pats are still a solid team.

Same thing the Bills guys tried to tell you but you flaunted out the 9-0 line. Just thought it was funny that you are reaching for some type of victory. When the Bill guys said they ran well, and dominated the LOS with the run, you decided to basically prattle off post after post mocking them that you got the W over them and it didn't matter how well they ran. Just thought it was funny comparison.

But thanks for the congrats, GG. My reading comprehension is just fine thank you, no need to worry about it.

No. That conversation revolved around Trey arguing that the Bills got more yardage then we did, and he actually said they "destroyed" the Chiefs.

Did I ever say we destroyed the Broncos? Did I say something about getting more yardage on the ground indicating we are the better team?

The circumstances are obviously not even remotely similar. You're smart enough to not draw false comparisons.

Facts > mental gymnastics.

Godslay

Banned
I think the Chargers can beat the Chiefs. The Chargers won both games last year pretty easily.

Yeah maybe. SD's OL has played well up until last week. Wouldn't rule it out.

Guys, I like Denver and all, but I'm not going to trash talk the Patriots. Brady is just the kind of QB to expose, once again, Denver's D. Any other time I wouldn't worry about Pey Pey in a shoot out, but he isn't healthy, and Welker and JT might be out. Patriots always seem to play hard against Manning, so I don't expect much different.

Same thing with KC when Denver goes into the Arrow.

Always fearful of the Pats, I think they are pretty banged up though. Certainly doesn't help their chances. But they still have Brady and Gronk, so anything is possible.

Arrowhead is a tough place to play. Loud, cold, and that plays into KC's hands. Should be a good game. Still think we win, though. Same type of game possibly, although I think Peyton will figure out more wrinkles in the D the second time around.

Trey

Was it tough failing Psych 101?

The better team won the game tonight. The Chiefs played their first tough opponent of the year and lost.

That doesn't mean we can't take away positives and negatives from the outcome. I've been predicting 13-3 since week six, and penned this in as a loss starting two weeks ago.

Hopefully, we bounce back against the Chargers.

Nah, your "scoreboard" mentality only coming to fore when the Chiefs are outplayed but still win.

What you can take from this game is that the defensive game plan got beat, the offense couldn't keep pace, and the defensive line couldn't get pressure. The run D tightened up but Peyton was beating the Chiefs pre snap all night long. Alex Smith played better than most could have expected from him and the Chiefs offensive line had pretty okay protection. Penalties were a wash; Denver actually had more of them. Turnovers were a wash as well, because Broncos protected the ball well and made sure to not put their defense in compromising situations. No team can rely on turnovers and defensive scoring, which is what I tried to tell you.

Nah, your "scoreboard" mentality only coming to fore when the Chiefs are outplayed but still win.

What you can take from this game is that the defensive game plan got beat, the offense couldn't keep pace, and the defensive line couldn't get pressure. The run D tightened up but Peyton was beating the Chiefs pre snap all night long. Alex Smith played better than most could have expected from him and the Chiefs offensive line had pretty okay protection. Penalties were a wash; Denver actually had more of them. Turnovers were a wash as well, because Broncos protected the ball well and made sure to not put their defense in compromising situations.

My scoreboard mentality held tonight when I've said in every post so far that we lost to the better team.

You said your team "destroyed" mine. Did I say anything remotely to that effect? No, because only an idiot thinks that way.

We played better than you've given us credit for, but overall your take is more right than wrong.

The biggest negative is the complete lack of pressure on Manning. We're fortunate he didn't make us pay even more.

Ambient80

All things considered I'm not that upset. Yeah we lost, but we also held Peyton manning to 27 points, and didn't get absolutely crushed. Playing again in KC could be quite interesting.

Still a fan of my Chiefs!!!

I agree with Trey.

Don't know why. He has a trustworthy face.

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper, too. :p

Congrats, Broncos GAF. I need to look over my post history, but I think the final score was exactly what I predicted...may be off by a FG.

Living in Colorado, I get to enter the lions den tomorrow and take my licks. Early morning, so I'm off for the night.

Narag

Holding the Broncos to 27 is such a weird thing to latch onto and probably best left alone. #1 offense was held to 15 less than it's average but the #1 d gave up 15 more than it's average.

Trey

We played better than you've given us credit for, but overall your take is more right than wrong.

The biggest negative is the complete lack of pressure on Manning. We're fortunate he didn't make us pay even more.

Offense needs to open up in a big way. Might not have the personnel in the WR corps to do it. Defense stopped Manning three straight times in the third quarter; that's the time where Chiefs couldn't go three and out like the were doing.

And the Bills beat the Chiefs in every single phase other than the "my QB likes to throw to the other team's jersey" category. Chiefs D cashed in on those mistakes and for that they get full credit but my point is and has always been that the Chiefs can't rely on turnovers to cover up getting gashed like they were.

All things considered I'm not that upset. Yeah we lost, but we also held Peyton manning to 27 points, and didn't get absolutely crushed. Playing again in KC could be quite interesting.

Still a fan of my Chiefs!!!

Feeling the same way. If we would have caught a ball here or there instead of dropping it and if Sherman would have held onto that ball in the redzone, who knows how the game would have played out. Same with penalties.

I wish we had another weapon at wide receiver though. I don't know what Avery does. I know he had that big game against the Eagles, but it seems like he always drops at least one big pass every game.

Defense has got to get some more pressure on the QB.

Anyway I hope the Chiefs don't look past the Chargers.

Godslay

Banned
My scoreboard mentality held tonight when I've said in every post so far that we lost to the better team.

You said your team "destroyed" mine. Did I say anything remotely to that effect? No, because only an idiot thinks that way.

If your scoreboard mentality is holding, why trot those little arguments out in the first place? Doesn't make much sense to make excuses, when only the W/L counts. Which is my point boiled down. Can't have it both ways here.

h1nch

Yeah maybe. SD's OL has played well up until last week. Wouldn't rule it out.

Always fearful of the Pats, I think they are pretty banged up though. Certainly doesn't help their chances. But they still have Brady and Gronk, so anything is possible.

Arrowhead is a tough place to play. Loud, cold, and that plays into KC's hands. Should be a good game. Still think we win, though. Same type of game possibly, although I think Peyton will figure out more wrinkles in the D the second time around.

I have too many memories of superior Denver teams going into Arrowhead and coming away with a loss to feel good about that game :(

I think it will be fascinating to see the adjustments KC makes on defense. If they try to play the same game they did tonight, I think you're right unless Denver comes in banged up or low on energy due to travel or something like that. If they mix it up scheme-wise I could see them springing a few big plays that might swing the game. I have to think they'll at least get 1 sack on their home field. The fact that Manning went virtually untouched was very surprising.

I do like our defense's chances however. They're playing so much better now with Von back. Kayvon once again made some fantastic plays in pass coverage. KC's offense doesn't scare me at all.

MechDX

matt-schaub-and-andre-johnson-have-words-after-loss-to-oakland.gif

Should have Inneganed his ass.

Nesotenso

ok just follow them on and off, but is it ok to say that the Chiefs need more options to throw the ball to ? Also Alex Smith seems to be an average QB, not stellar or poor, just average. Don't seem to remember him ever lighting up the scoreboard at San Francisco.

Am I wrong in my assessments ?

MechDX

Lol Schoob is a bitch.

Talking shit and then turns away and avoids eye contact

Johnson was about to get up in that grill and Schoob was like "oh shit, avert gaze, avert gaze"

I like to think what Dre said as he walked away....

"Ill bust yo ass you noodle armed bitch!"

"Maybe Ed can get me Rays phone number!"

Tabris

I got severely beat down this week in fantasy but having Case Keenum get benched in second half didn't help. What a weird benching. He wasn't playing that bad.

Narag

I like to think what Dre said as he walked away....

"Ill bust yo ass you noodle armed bitch!"

"Maybe Ed can get me Rays phone number!"

They really should have just IR'd Schaub and let Keenum outplay him for the starting job next season. He's really reminding me of Alex watching Kaep from the sidelines.

Godslay

Banned
I have too many memories of superior Denver teams going into Arrowhead and coming away with a loss to feel good about that game :(

I think it will be fascinating to see the adjustments KC makes on defense. If they try to play the same game they did tonight, I think you're right unless Denver comes in banged up or low on energy due to travel or something like that. If they mix it up scheme-wise I could see them springing a few big plays that might swing the game. I have to think they'll at least get 1 sack on their home field. The fact that Manning went virtually untouched was very surprising.

I do like our defense's chances however. They're playing so much better now with Von back. Kayvon once again made some fantastic plays in pass coverage. KC's offense doesn't scare me at all.

Sure. I remember some of those games myself. It's a tough place. Advantage is to the Chiefs to some degree. Assuming everyone stays healthy though, we should see similar results, simply because the Chiefs offense is too sporadic. It's plagued them since last season, and I don't see Alex getting exponentially better. It's the Tebow effect to some degree.

Did anything come out of that Von injury or did it turn out to be nothing?

Seemed to be okay.

MechDX

They really should have just IR'd Schaub and let Keenum outplay him for the starting job next season. He's really reminding me of Alex watching Kaep from the sidelines.

Alex was scared the tattoo'ed thug would shank him though. Dre is a nice guy.

Just finished the most expensive meal of my life, and it was worth it. Overall, my visit to Chicago has been great, if you throw out the cripplingly disappointment of watching my team do what it does on the road.

I got to a Flacco Pick 6 in person! It was breathtaking.

Tabris

Just finished the most expensive meal of my life, and it was worth it.

What was the meal and how much? Most expensive non-prix fixe meal I've had for a single person minus drinks was $120 (wagyu beef). Prix fixe menu? $350. But I mean honestly, those meals are totally different as a lot of times they are 5-9 course meals that take 3 hours to enjoy.

J. Bravo

hopefully i can get tickets to the next 2 chiefs games. i think i will be able to, it's just a matter of convincing my gf to take advantage of her company's tickets lol.

What was the meal and how much? Most expensive non-prix fixe meal I've had for a single person minus drinks was $120 (wagyu beef). Prix fixe menu? $350. But I mean honestly, those meals are totally different as a lot of times they are 5-9 course meals that take 3 hours to enjoy.

It was a tasting menu, and it was 200+ before drinks. But the food was excellent and artistic, and the experience was worth it.

I probably was the first person to audibly fart in the restaurant.

exarkun

Just read the Ben Tate "Im disappointed in the fans" quote. That sent me into such rage I don't think I can sleep for another hour. We've already been through shiiiity years, we have a team loaded with talent and expectations piled high, then we get trolled by this season. I think fans have a right to boo since this is the most disappointed I've been in a team in a loooooong time. Years. And its all about the expectations. Tate and the others should know that, since I know Andre and a few vets understand it.

The fact that the Texans with Schaub in the game had to go to a silent count on offense because it was so loud at home (because of the boos), should tell management everything they need to know. I was legitimately surprised by Schaub coming into the game, and Im not surprised by much anymore. I think the Fox commentators were stunned, and there was silence on the radio for a good second before he said "Schaub is going on the field." A surreal moment.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Schaub being put back as QB is the most amazing thing to happen today. The only way i ever thought that would happen is if Case and TJ both got injured. Zero chance in any other scenario.

What a mess.

Milchjon

Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm

Oh well, I don't see myself being happy about football at any point in the next 10 days, so I might as well get a head start.

Schaub being put back as QB is the most amazing thing to happen today. The only way i ever thought that would happen is if Case and TJ both got injured. Zero chance in any other scenario.

What a mess.

Really? With Kubiak returning to head coach, I was a little surprised Schaub didn't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom