• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
From @MikeSilver: Steelers players believe Big Ben needs to upgrade his preparation/film study away from the facility & become more cerebral

Every non-QB wants their guy to be Peyton Manning. Saw it with Dallas and Romo comments. It just might be impossible for everyone to do what Manning does

cajunator

Banned
BNpRfbI.jpg

hnnngh

so moe

Bowser

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
From @MikeSilver: Steelers players believe Big Ben needs to upgrade his preparation/film study away from the facility & become more cerebral

Every non-QB wants their guy to be Peyton Manning. Saw it with Dallas and Romo comments. It just might be impossible for everyone to do what Manning does

VlBHg.jpg

Dammit Squicken! Your avatar keeps tricking me, I keep thinking you're Gata. I started reading your post and thought " wow quite the intelligent post for Gata" .....no offense Gata ..

Yeah I think Horton staying at least one more year is so vital, have him establish his system and build up these players then when he does leave to become a head coach we'll have the system in place for the new D Coordinator to just pick up and make his slight tweaks.

That's pretty much what we did and our D is still pretty damn good. Granted, we are loaded with talent to make it work. Just need to upgrade a couple more spots.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Just got back from the dentist's office. He went to school in South Florida. We had a long discussion about how shitty sports fans are down there.

That's pretty much what we did and our D is still pretty damn good. Granted, we are loaded with talent to make it work. Just need to upgrade a couple more spots.

Yeah, your D is pretty damn solid. Wish we could have gotten Peterson. Him and Haden would have been fucking sick. Although Buster Skrine has surprising played great this year.

Browns Dline is great, DBs pretty solid, just need to upgrade depth at linebacker and get Mingo more starting experience! Hell of a draft pick.

squicken

I bet most QBs would burn out if they tried to be like manning, he's another breed.

Yep. And even then, what is Chad Henne going to study? How his WRs don't get open? How his OL can't block? How he couldn't hit them even if everything else worked right? Can't study your way out of inferior athleticism

BigAT

Just got back from the dentist's office. He went to school in South Florida. We had a long discussion about how shitty sports fans are down there.

Pretty sure that finding out my dentist had a Florida education would cause me to leap out of his chair and sprint for the door.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
First Thursday I've been home for TNF all season, Lessgo!

Did you get the memo? As of now hope more for the Colts win.

Yeah I pretty much look at you guys in what I hope happens with Horton. Gives me some good feelings that we can do the same if he is here for a bit.

bionic77

Is that the same guy who said the Steelers wanted to trade Ben?

Also Peyton is a huge choker in the playoffs.

Bowser

Yep. And even then, what is Chad Henne going to study? How his WRs don't get open? How his OL can't block? How he couldn't hit them even if everything else worked right? Can't study your way out of inferior athleticism

...isn't that basically what Manning's done?

bionic77

No. When the line fails or there is no one open he can't throw someone open or buy time with his legs. Same with Brady.

Guys like Ben, Eli and Fraudgers can make a play out of nothing. That skill seems to matter more in the playoffs.

squicken

I meant what can Henne study when his WRs don't get open? And Henne will never have Peyton's accuracy.

All that studying didn't help Peyton when NE clutched and grabbed his WRs in playoff games

More on Big Ben

NFL Media PR ‏@InsideNFLMedia
More from @MikeSilver on Ben: "When he is away from the facility, he is no Peyton Manning. That is the biggest obstacle to him staying.."

Yeah, your D is pretty damn solid. Wish we could have gotten Peterson. Him and Haden would have been fucking sick. Although Buster Skrine has surprising played great this year.

Browns Dline is great, DBs pretty solid, just need to upgrade depth at linebacker and get Mingo more starting experience! Hell of a draft pick.

Yeah I pretty much look at you guys in what I hope happens with Horton. Gives me some good feelings that we can do the same if he is here for a bit.

Haden and Peterson would be scary. We really need a legit #2, one of the positions we need to upgrade sooner than later. I'd put it at #4 for over all team need and #2 for defensive need. I like what I've seen from Browns D this year and you certainly have talent so I wouldn't be surprised at all if your D holds up after Horton leaves.

bionic77

Weird all these stories about Ben are coming out this week.

Wonder who is behind it.

At least they aren't about him raping another fat sorority chick. And I don't know how it is news that he is a different player than manning. He is more of a John Elway type.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Im sorry my friend I will not be joining this movement, I'm rooting for the Titans. Also we got Clemson vs Georgia Tech in about 10 minutes, to lead us up to TNF.

You're just like those OBR guys, only caring about draft picks...unless.

unless...

You think we are going to win the division?

BG you magnificent beast!

squicken

Weird all these stories about Ben are coming out this week.

Wonder who is behind it.

At least they aren't about him raping another fat sorority chick. And I don't know how it is news that he is a different player than manning. He is more of a John Elway type.

Testament to how boring the Colts and Titans are. No one cares about palace intrigue with those two teams. I guess the Ben thing got a lot play in Pittsburgh this week. idk if there is some Steelers fan forum that would have more details. I'm just seeing the stuff on Twitter an NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom