• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 14 |OT| Pure Imagination

image.jpg

Prater's wiki entry has been updated. Pretty impressive distance.

Matthew Phillip Prater (born August 10, 1984) is an American football placekicker for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League (NFL). He was originally signed by the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He played college football at the University of Central Florida, where he majored in psychology. Prater holds the NFL record for kicking the longest field goal, 1000000000 yards, which he set December 8, 2013 in Denver in a game against the Tennessee Titans.

I'm ready for that 6-10 record.

Team is lifeless. Fewell, Tom Quinn (ST coordinator) and Sean Ryan (QB coach) all need to go as far as coaches are concerned. I think Fewell has done a pretty decent job given what he's been handed on this roster in 2013 if I'm entirely honest. However, I'm done with 3 down lineman on a 3rd and 13 and his inability to call a game that is able to stop both the run and the pass. You get one or the other with the guy and outside of the SB run and parts of 2010, this defense has never been anything more than mediocre.

Time for a change. Gilbride will survive based on his record with the team and his ties to Coughlin but he's called some terrible games this season, too. He'll be on a short leash next season.

Anyone else think Giants need to resign Tuck over Kiwi?
Kiwi has already been resigned. He's signed through 2015 and we gain nothing by cutting him next season. Bigger dead money hit than cap savings. He can be cut in 2015.

JCizzle

I mean, how is someone this incompetent allowed to call an NFL game? He didn't even look at the entirety of the play...

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapoli...e-jeff-tripletts-explanation-on-reversed-play
CINCINNATI -- Here's the transcript on referee Jeff Triplette's explanation on why he reversed the play where the Colts appeared to stop the Bengals on -and-goal from the 1-yard line late in the first half of their 42-28 loss:

Were there differing views among the officials about whether BenJarvus Green-Ellis was down initially?

Triplette: There was discussion about whether the runner was touched down at the goal line or not.

What did you see in the review?

Triplette: When we reviewed the video at the goal line, there was nobody touching him there, and then he bounced into the end zone.

What about the nose tackle? It appeared he might have had a shot at Green-Ellis?

Triplette: I don't know about that, what position ... There was nobody that touched him at the goal line.

So you didn't look at whether anybody touched him in the backfield?

Triplette: We looked at the goal line, (those) were the shots that we looked at.

There was a question about whether the nose tackle initially swiped at him and started him tripping?

Triplette: We reviewed the goal line.

duxstar

well I called it kinda of

12-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Replies: 9,469
NFL 2013 Week 13 |OT| Guns of the Patriots
Views: 186,894
Posted By duxstar
I find it weird that 8 guys or so have tied the...

I find it weird that 8 guys or so have tied the kicking record at 63 yards, but no one has done 64 yards.... you'd think it would've fallen

Kacar

Someone tell Bernard Pollard that he's Bernard Pollard and the refs know who you are so its a flag everytime.

That wasn't even roughness though.

Top Bottom