• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

MechDX

BbIbCYECAAArJbd.jpg:large

Dre did his annual toy giveaway for kids again this morning. Classy.

Pretty much. That's what gave him such an advantage in the second half of that game. He could just cut and juke every Lions player until they slipped in the snow. That's also why Ross did so well in the return game too I think. If the Eagles didn't have McCoy, they lose that game. He single-handedly took over that game. Of course both teams played in the same conditions, but when you have McCoy on your team I think you have to say advantage Eagles in that scenario.

At the beginning of this season, after I watched the preseason games, I thought that McCoy looked like the best RB in the league. And now he's currently leading all RBs in rushing isn't he?

It sucks that Bush got hurt then

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jets will lose by at least 40 to the Panthers this week.

Going up against a team that destroys us in every facet of the game, on the road, against a team that is going to look to put a beat down on our poor asses after getting embarrassed by the Saints.

gutshot

Eagles currently sitting as the 3 seed, which means we'd play either the Niners or Panthers at home in the opening round. I know neither of those teams would want to face us. I think we match-up pretty well with them both, although I'd probably take the Niners if I had to choose as the Panthers run D is pretty stout and Cam is the better QB.

Dragon

Banned
It's not a rivalry when one team has won like 10 straight and embarrassed the other franchise with the firmest handshake on the planet

This is like the stupid argument Yankees fans made before the Red Sox won. It's simply not true at all, it's just a witty thing to type.

Trasher

...there's a 49ers Lions rivalry?

What the fuck am I reading?

Where are you reading this??

Edit: Oh, Kas' post? lol

I guess you could kinda say there's a thing between Schwartz and Harbaugh, but it doesn't go beyond that really. Lions have never been good enough for a long enough period of time to create a rivalry with anyone.

Eagles currently sitting as the 3 seed, which means we'd play either the Niners or Panthers at home in the opening round. I know neither of those teams would want to face us. I think we match-up pretty well with them both, although I'd probably take the Niners if I had to choose as the Panthers run D is pretty stout and Cam is the better QB.

Lol as if the eagles are anything to be scared of. What did McCoy do to is last time we played? 18 yards rushing. Eagles haven't beaten anyone this year. Niners would be favored and win comfortably. Our defense is better than Carolina's and so is our offense

Bowser

Lol as if the eagles are anything to be scared of. What did McCoy do to is last time we played? 18 yards rushing. Eagles haven't beaten anyone this year. Niners would be favored and win comfortably. Our defense is better than Carolina's and so is our offense

lol Kap was legit shook against our defense, dude couldn't do jack shit

squicken

Both offenses are so bad that any good defense can keep them under 14 points. If you play CAR, it will come down to luck, same as it did last time. Either team would get smoked in SEA. SF would have a better chance in NOLA. NFC is just too tough at the top this year

The same offense that put up 4 yards in the fourth quarter against us? Not 4 points, 4 yards.

1043375_o.gif

Cam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Squidward

lol Kap was legit shook against our defense, dude couldn't do jack shit

You played us without VD for most of the game. I would love to see Carolina again with crabcakes back as well but I have a sneaking suspicion that the panthers may miss the playoffs. Just a hunch!

Ps

At least you don't dispute we have the better D after how the saints exposed you!

Doomsayer

I absolutely agree. They're probably the team I want to see most because of the rivalry and because I think its a solid W for us.

When was the last time Lions even beat the Niners?

How can someone talk out of their ass so much, this shit is astounding. In order for there to be a rivalry one team has to actually put up a fight every now and again. Stay free, kas.

Niners have played most of this year injured on both sides of the ball, the fact we even have nine wins is a testament to Harbaughs coaching ability. Come playoff time we are going to be scary, especially if the D can keep up their level of play.

gutshot

Did you seriously trot out rushing stats from the Andy Reid era? C'mon bro. Chip's got this running game steamrolling teams. They just dropped 300 yards on one of the top 5 rushing defenses in the league. Shady would destroy you. And if you want to load the box and play man with a single high? Foles to Cooper and DJax all day.

Plus you have to factor the cross-country travel and cold weather effect into the game. No way the Niners "win comfortably" and if they are favored it'd be by 1 or 2 at most.

Hammer24

Banned
In the old "black´n´blue", that could have been called rivalries. Close games, fought to the last, with the possibility to end either way.
But since the Bucs are gone, it seems pretty lifeless.

Bowser

You played us without VD for most of the game. I would love to see Carolina again with crabcakes back as well but I have a sneaking suspicion that the panthers may miss the playoffs. Just a hunch!

Ps

At least you don't dispute we have the better D after how the saints exposed you!

lol we just have to beat the Jests and Falcons to make the playoffs. Even if we get swept by the Saints, as long as we hit 11 wins there is no way we miss out on the playoffs in any scenario based on tiebreakers etc. If we choke against either the Jets or Falcons, then all bets are off.

MechDX

Im almost tempted to an avatar bet on the Texans/Colts game. Got a weird feeling they win and jeopardize their draft position.

Seahawks fans call for boycott of Beats headphones due to ad

During yesterday’s Hawks-Niners match-up, Dr. Dre’s headphone company ran a particularly timely spot showing Colin Kaepernick arriving at an opponent’s stadium to vicious boos and nasty rain.

It was Seattle. Nothing said Seattle. Or Seahawks. But it was Seattle.

Now Seattle wants to boycott the headphones.

“They obviously don’t know what it means to be a 12th man. There is NO way a true Seahawk fan would act that way. No beats headphones for me,” reads a typical comment on the ad, found at KJR’s website.

Why are Hawks fans so sensitive?

Great article on the Giants moving forward in these last three games. Many of us in Giants-Gaf have been saying the same for weeks now. Coughlin is still pushing the team to play hard and win the last three games which I suppose is the right thing to do but at the same time....

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/12/...-think-about-the-giants-play-the-kids-edition

Here are five young Giants who need to play.

Damontre Moore -- The 32 total snaps Moore got the last two weeks were nice. Now, how about 32 snaps per game for the athletic rookie defensive end? The right thing for the Giants to do is to shut down Jason Pierre-Paul for the remainder of the season. What is the point of him playing meaningless games with a damaged shoulder? Justin Tuck may or may not be back next season. Mathias Kiwanuka is no longer an impact player and despite his $4.375 million base salary next season the Giants need to strongly consider parting ways with him. That leaves JPP and Moore as the only holdover defensive ends sure to be back, and means Moore needs to be ready to assume a full workload in 2014. He may not be completely ready, but with the Giants out of the playoffs does that matter? Let him make his mistakes now.

Johnathan Hankins -- Big Hank has been getting 15-20 snaps per game in recent weeks. How about upping that to 25-30? Linval Joseph is a free agent at the end of the season. While the Giants should do what they can to bring him back there is no guarantee Joseph returns. Cullen Jenkins and Mike Patterson are good players, but both are aging veterans. Hankins, the second-round pick from Ohio State, is one day expected to be the anchor of the defensive tackle rotation. The more snaps he gets now the sooner he will be ready to handle that responsibility.

Jayron Hosley -- The Giants have waited nearly two full seasons to see the diminutive cornerback get healthy enough to be a contributor in their secondary. After Prince Amukamara there are no guarantees as to who the Giants will have at corner in 2014. Corey Webster should be gone. Terrell Thomas and Trumaine McBride can both be free agents. Hosley and McBride, who has earned his playing time, split time vs. the Chargers. That should probably continue. Another idea might be sliding Hosley into the slot vs. four-wide receiver sets to get him additional snaps.
Adrien Robinson

Adrien Robinson -- Nearing the end of his second season with the Giants, nobody knows what the 2012 fourth-round pick can bring to the Giants at tight end. Injuries and other factors have limited him to two snaps in two seasons, and he has not been active for a game yet this season. It seems highly unlikely that the Giants bring back either Brandon Myers or Bear Pascoe next season, so it follows that they need to allow Robinson and Larry Donnell to get their feet wet. Why not de-activate Pascoe, let Donnell slide into his role and at least allow Robinson to function as the extra short-yardage tight end and see some special teams duty?

Brandon Mosley -- The 2012 fourth-round pick spent his rookie year on IR with an ankle injury, but played well during the preseason when he earned a +4.1 grade from Pro Football Focus. He has seen a handful of snaps recently as the jumbo tight end. There is virtually no chance David Diehl returns next season. Kevin Boothe is also a free agent. The Giants should part ways with both David Baas and Chris Snee. James Brewer has been unimpressive the past two weeks at left guard and may not be a long-term answer. Get Mosley in there, probably in place of Diehl, at least part of the time and find out if he can be part of the what needs to be a revamped offensive line in 2014.

Did you seriously trot out rushing stats from the Andy Reid era? C'mon bro. Chip's got this running game steamrolling teams. They just dropped 300 yards on one of the top 5 rushing defenses in the league. Shady would destroy you. And if you want to load the box and play man with a single high? Foles to Cooper and DJax all day.

Plus you have to factor the cross-country travel and cold weather effect into the game. No way the Niners "win comfortably" and if they are favored it'd be by 1 or 2 at most.

Niners don't need to stack the box. That's why teams have trouble against us.

You think because you beat up on teams like the lions it will always be that way? Lulz. You let the fucking redskins hang with you.... In philly!

lol we just have to beat the Jests and Falcons to make the playoffs. Even if we get swept by the Saints, as long as we hit 11 wins there is no way we miss out on the playoffs in any scenario based on tiebreakers etc. If we choke against either the Jets or Falcons, then all bets are off.

I'm just trolling you brotha!

Crisco

Banned
The Panthers have pretty consistently destroyed shitty teams at home. Hell, all our home games have been blow outs except the loss to Seattle in week 1 and NE game on Monday night. That will continue this weekend and I expect a much better performance against the Saints the following week.

Top Bottom