• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

squicken

So many teams living off ball control offenses this year. Chargers, Panthers, SEA and SF. It's unreal how they stay out of 3rd and long and complete passes to convert

Eleuin

2cbc.png

2be9fb4a441571e581c96556d6988f34f46509de_m.gif

squicken

Part of the league regulating back from the pass pass pass teams of the last few years.

Completion % is way up this year, I think. Rivers is near 70%

All these pick plays and legalized offensive holding make it so easy to throw, but I think they are also letting DBs get more physical down the field

Denver's defense is brutal. Saw the same thing with A&M this year in CFB. Too much stress on an offense when they have to score every possession

Godslay

Banned
This game felt like 98 when they played the Phins in week 15. Some interesting things went down in that game, and you have to hear from Mark Schlereth to know exactly what went on in that game. Good times. Anyways, have a good night GAF. I'll give you a shout out Greg on Sunday, win or lose!

This game felt like 98 when they played the Phins in week 15. Some interesting things went down in that game, and you have to hear from Mark Schlereth to know exactly what went on in that game. Good times. Anyways, have a good night GAF. I'll give you a shout out Greg on Sunday, win or lose!
Don't leave me :"(

Completion % is way up this year, I think. Rivers is near 70%

All these pick plays and legalized offensive holding make it so easy to throw, but I think they are also letting DBs get more physical down the field

Denver's defense is brutal. Saw the same thing with A&M this year in CFB. Too much stress on an offense when they have to score every possession

Increase in athletes too. A for sure incompletion 10 years ago is a 40, 50 yard score now. So many guys coming down with impossible catches. Teams are also sacrificing the middle of the field a ton. 3rd and long isn't the death sentence it used to be.

It's actually refurbished. However I have a smart tv so it has youtube and I have it going through on of thos rapid color switching vids for 10 min

Best practice, but it may not work. If it doesn't try to forget about it. I have a dead pixel on my 24" LCD monitor but I forgot where it was.

lol not shocked that a broncos fan would compare this to a superbowl team to make himself feel better about the embarrassment

MechDX

Damn the entire AFC is terrible. It was all set up but then Schaub had to become a headcase and Kubiak started poking the damn bear to show his authority.

Sigh...........

Greg

haven't checked the current score, but it should be a good one!

Damn the entire AFC is terrible. It was all set up but then Schaub had to become a headcase and Kubiak started poking the damn bear to show his authority.

Sigh...........

and he broke our agreement to meet in the superbowl :(

not even sure if i want us to make it to the superbowl now

Godslay

Banned
lol not shocked that a broncos fan would compare this to a superbowl team to make himself feel better about the embarrassment

Like I said, find out what Schlereth said about that game, and compare it to this one. Parallels are there. As far as trying to make myself feel better about the loss, I don't need to. The only thing that potentially changes is the #1 seed comes open. Which by my measure, which I said since the beginning of the season I might add, is not as important as clinching a playoff spot. Which has already been accomplished.

With that said, I'm going to bed now, and I think that might make me feel better about the loss. As a matter of fact, I'm sure it will.

Like I said, find out what Schlereth said about that game, and compare it to this one. Parallels are there. As far as trying to make myself feel better about the loss, I don't need to. The only thing that potentially changes is the #1 seed comes open. Which by my measure, which I said since the beginning of the season I might add, is not as important as clinching a playoff spot. Which has already been accomplished.

With that said, I'm going to bed now, and I think that might make me feel better about the loss. As a matter of fact, I'm sure it will.

but i'm sure you can draw parallels with a lot of seasons, including ones where you didn't win the superbowl

Wynnebeck

Banned
The closer we get to Sunday, the more nervous I get about the Packers/Cowboys game. I think the Packers are going to get blown out. :(

Crisco

Banned
Yawn, Philip Rivers beats Peyton Manning like it's his job. Also: he's only the second QB to have beaten both Mannings in consecutive weeks. The other being Vince Young.

Godslay

Banned
but i'm sure you can draw parallels with a lot of seasons, including ones where you didn't win the superbowl

When you are winning it's easy to compare to winning seasons. When you are losing it's easy to compare to losing seasons. Optimism is higher when winning, pessimism is higher when losing. Human nature, I'm an optimist for the most part, so I'm going with my gut and what I saw tonight with the insights from Schlereth to drive my opinion on this game. If that makes me a homer, I can live with that.

In the words of our fine friend Pimp, PEACE! And good night, for real this time!

squicken

I can't wait to play the broncos in the 2nd round again.

Edit: shitty broncos fans can't handle the L

Not joking. Quadruple stabbing at the stadium? I don't have kids, but I would never take them to a game if I did. Drunks and tough guys ruining the stadium experience

Not joking. Quadruple stabbing at the stadium? I don't have kids, but I would never take them to a game if I did. Drunks and tough guys ruining the stadium experience

i've gone to quite a few games over the years and its really not that bad. you talk shit back and forth with the other fans (cards fans are particularly mouthy in AZ!) but it never escalates unless you've got 2 drunk idiots or 1 drunk idiot and a sober person who doesn't take into account that there is a drunk idiot talking to him.

Top Bottom