• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

The thing is it doesn't matter who is out there for NE. As long as Brady and Belichick are around they just find ways to eek out win after win, especially against divisional opponents. They could put the practice squad and Brady out there and I still wouldn't have a bit of confidence.

To be honest I think the Dolphins might have more talent on the active roster at the moment, but I don't think it'll matter. The second half of the Pats game from earlier this season totally broke my spirit, man.

Being more talented than the Patriots is not hard.

As you said though, it's their QB and coach that keep them competitive. Belichick specifically. He knows exactly how to keep Brady relevant. Consistent talent on the offensive line, and the proper weapons on offense. Once Brady couldn't throw like he used to Belichick committed to rebuilding the running game to keep him safe. Seamless transition form big play to west coast to ball control offenses.

ScreenShot2013-12-12at12.20.57PM_crop_north.jpg

Get your t-shirts, too!

I think these will make a fine avatar in the future.

effzee

gutshot

DeMeco Ryans ILB Eagles $6,900,000 Trade for former star LB never worked out...time to move on

Lolwut? He's been the Eagles' best defensive player over the past two years.

EDIT: The other Eagles players on this list do make some sense.

- Casey will almost certainly be cut. He's been seeing a bit more use the past couple weeks, but it is primarily as an extra blocker, as the Eagles have moved away from the straight read-option with Foles at QB. You don't need to pay $4m/yr for a blocking TE/HB.
- Avant has done nothing as a receiver this year, but they still may bring him back next year as Chip likes him as a blocker and he brings some veteran leadership. Could go either way with him.
- Cary Williams has been solid, but not spectacular. If they draft a CB in the 1st round, he may be gone.
- Brad Smith has actually replaced Damaris Johnson completely. But the role of KR/PR and 4th WR still could use an upgrade.

Based on that NPD thread:
1) Vita is dead
2) WiiU is deader
3) The salt on GAF will be delicious (as a neutral) when XB1 outsells the PS4 in December in the US
4) Call of Dooder will continue to sell forever

Who let Mike Mitchell into the Illuminati?

effzee

- Casey will almost certainly be cut. He's been seeing a bit more use the past couple weeks, but it is primarily as an extra blocker, as the Eagles have moved away from the straight read-option with Foles at QB. You don't need to pay $4m/yr for a blocking TE/HB.
- Avant has done nothing as a receiver this year, but they still may bring him back next year as Chip likes him as a blocker and he brings some veteran leadership. Could go either way with him.
- Cary Williams has been solid, but not spectacular. If they draft a CB in the 1st round, he may be gone.
- Brad Smith has actually replaced Damaris Johnson completely. But the role of KR/PR and 4th WR still could use an upgrade.

Eagles are in pretty decent shape with the cap so I wouldn't mind bringing any or all of these guys back.

Avant is most likely the one gone especially if they are going to resign both Cooper and Maclin.

Cary Williams definitely deserves to be back. He wasn't signed to be some spectacular big shut down corner. He was signed for what he is, solid. And he has been. He has a nasty attitude, doesn't shy away from tackling, and has taken a leadership role on the defense. Even if they draft a corner there is no guarantee he starts right away. I think out of the two FA CBs they brought in, Williams has outplayed Fletcher.

Looking back at it, guys like Fletcher, Williams, Barwin, and even Chung have been great pick ups. Sure the D started off like trash but all these guys like to hit, tackle, and have improved as the season has gone along. Just need to infuse more young talent through the draft across the defense.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

so funny. Casey is not a blocking tight end. Dude has great hands.

I remember when the eagles got him, texans fans and philly fans were all "oh man reid/kelly will find a great use for him, unlike kubiak"
at least with the texans he scored some TDs and got playing time.

I feel bad for him, he could be so much better, but he was apparently misused twice so far.

if this actually happens, most reasonable people will understand xb1 won december because sony is launching in more than two countries.

GAF gaming side is not full of reasonable people.

The pre-emptive backlash already started in that thread last night.

Full disclosure: I'm rooting for both consoles (two consoles selling this well is unprecedented and speaks well of the current state of the VG industry imo) and I have both consoles in my house at the moment. I just think its funny how all of the gaming side "experts" thought they had this generation all figured out and (at least not at the moment) its not panning out that way.

gutshot

Eagles are in pretty decent shape with the cap so I wouldn't mind bringing any or all of these guys back.

Avant is most likely the one gone especially if they are going to resign both Cooper and Maclin.

Cary Williams definitely deserves to be back. He wasn't signed to be some spectacular big shut down corner. He was signed for what he is, solid. And he has been. He has a nasty attitude, doesn't shy away from tackling, and has taken a leadership role on the defense. Even if they draft a corner there is no guarantee he starts right away. I think out of the two FA CBs they brought in, Williams has outplayed Fletcher.

Looking back at it, guys like Fletcher, Williams, Barwin, and even Chung have been great pick ups. Sure the D started off like trash but all these guys like to hit, tackle, and have improved as the season has gone along. Just need to infuse more young talent through the draft across the defense.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind bringing any of these guys back either. Personally, I think Fletch has been the better corner, but Cary does bring some attitude to the D, which I like.

BTW, nice avatar change. I cropped the pic a little for you. Here ya go:

wUpnbJd.jpg

I remember when the eagles got him, texans fans and philly fans were all "oh man reid/kelly will find a great use for him, unlike kubiak"

I feel bad for him, he could be so much better, but he was apparently misused twice so far.

Yeah, I think when we drafted Ertz, he basically took over what would have been Casey's role. Ertz is a younger, cheaper, and arguably more talented version of James Casey.

effzee

Well at the time we signed him Reid was already gone. Kelly wanted to run two TE sets. Or at least he wanted a 2nd TE.

But then during the draft Ertz fell to them and they selected him. Both Ertz and Casey have seen little action until recently. Ertz especially has seen an increased role.

Top Bottom